( search forums )
Headbutting! (Just a silly idea)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Stern
November 27, 2005, 4:45 pm
Wouldn't it be really funny if you're standing around, and someone comes out of nowhere jetting in the prone position and headbutts the hell out of you and you go flying backwards? It wouldn't have much purpose in the game, but it would be really cool to pull it off once in a while. Sorta like the backwards prone jump.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 5:28 pm
silly silly.

Tybs
November 27, 2005, 6:07 pm
I actually often hit people while going prone + yet... but usually i have the knife in hand and toss it at them just before i hit them. Id like it if this idea got implemented though, but i doubt its possible, for soldiers usually walk through each other...

Captain Ben
November 28, 2005, 1:09 am
I really like this idea... What should happen is that when you're proning in the air (and jetting), if you're unarmed, you don't swing your arms around like a retard, your little soldat braces himself, with his head sticking out! If he/she hits anything, they should get pushed away and get damage depending on how fast they were going.

Stern
November 28, 2005, 5:13 am
And if you hit them really hard into a poly, it could even kill them from the impact damage. Hottness!

Hahaha... swinging arms around like a retard ^o^

Echo_Trail
November 28, 2005, 7:29 am
this is,.. well... original?

reckon
November 28, 2005, 7:36 am
Original?
Negative.
Ive proposd the idea of different melee attacks and it only caught on with some.

Stern
November 29, 2005, 9:36 pm
I didn't look to see if this was already thought of. I'm not serious about putting it in, because Michal wouldn't do it. I just wanted to see what people thought of it if he would put it in.

Swarmer
November 30, 2005, 6:48 am
just use a chainsaw, and instead of headbutting them, you stab them in the face.

Captain Ben
December 1, 2005, 2:44 pm
Swarmer, what if you don't like using the chainsaw? What if you've used your knife, dropped your law or had your socom hit from your hand? Frankly, even if it's never used, it should still be there.

Echo_Trail
December 2, 2005, 7:25 am
i think we should be able to select that boomarang(or how ever it's spelled) thing that batman carries! It's awesome! or perhaps the one that xena has? And we could, No No NO.. A whip.. like in indiana jones!..
ALso, i just completed the Matrix - Path of Neo, and there's like a ton of different melee attacks and combos!.. add some of those...

Tybs
December 2, 2005, 9:11 am
Echo is suddenly full of ideas... :P

Not too much should be added i think, of course its not a streetfighter game... but still, the headbutt would be nice.

Captain Ben
December 2, 2005, 9:41 am
Heh, Echo Trail, this isn't about whether you approve or not, it's to discuss the idea and how it would work. If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't come in here. [/backseatmoderating]

Something like this would be a welcome change, considering that if you go speeding past another soldat with a chainsaw, you're bound to miss (the gap between revolutions).

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 3, 2005, 8:59 am
that would be funny.

xtishereb
December 8, 2005, 2:01 am
I like the idea of having a different melee attack in prone mode. That way, campers would try to headbutt you before you knife them.

Yes, I don't like campers.