( search forums )
htf_Vitriolic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
lithium
November 28, 2005, 2:20 am
So, I'm pretty much a mapping virgin. This is my second or third map ever. I gave up making maps a long time ago, but stumbled upon PolyWorks recently and deemed it too sexy to ignore, so I downloaded it and made this thing.

[IMAGE]

It's a DM/TDM/HTF map, originally designed for TDM/DM, but then I saw the possibility of a nice melee HTF map in the making. Seems to work pretty well, I've tested it with a few people in a server and they said it was good. I'm still ironing out the polybugs and bouncy polys (still don't entirely understand how to fix this), but if you have any suggestions as to the layout or looks then please give them.

GAMEOVER
November 28, 2005, 2:51 am
Looks cool kinda looks cell shaded.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 2:57 am
Why did you put so many red spawn points in? 0_o
Map looks nice.

Keron Cyst
November 28, 2005, 3:34 am
How zoomed out is that? Unless those chambers are very huge you only need one spawn point for Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie, and three for Delta. Soldaten don't spawn in the exact same area pixel-wise; points only indicate the general area of a respawn zone, so soldaten spawn around it (that gets real annoying when it comes to wypting. a map). And if there are no Player respawns, DM, PM, and RM soldaten spawn from whatever other points there are (that is, the team spawns), so you can any Player spawns near team spawns too. Cut down on that file size.

Those colliders seem to be blocking nothing. The map also seems somewhat barren, but hey, it's one of your first ;-)

lithium
November 28, 2005, 4:22 am
Jeezums, of course it's zoomed out quite a bit. If it was actually that size it'd be unplayable. Didn't know about the spawnpoint thing, I guess I can cut out a lot of the spawns. I don't get what you mean about the colliders blocking nothing; they're overlaid on barrels. Maybe you mean they just don't have a useful placing?

And GO, I forgot to mention this, but I have the cell shaded mod installed. It would look different with normal textures, but I believe the texture is malaga, or whatever is the same as RatCave.

Keron Cyst
November 28, 2005, 5:01 am
Hehe, I dunno; I've seen some maps like that pretty small.

Normally in MM+ the collider images are shown behind scenery. I don't know if PW's change (in putting colliders to show in front) is a good thing or bad, but I was just checking up on that.

OutofOrder
November 28, 2005, 5:38 am
i like it :D tell me if it gets hosted anywhere

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 3:25 am
it looks very good, even with that blank texture :D