( search forums )
Weapon Limitation
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Endo
November 28, 2005, 4:01 am
I really wish the game had a mode with the option to choose how many of a weapon could be on each team... such as only one person per team can use machine gun, and 3 can use sniper rifles ect ect... This is to stop the mass use of sniper rigle

Also I think the current rocket needs tweaking, I don't think it should always fly perfectly straight, I think it should spiral and should be fired with a delay on the actual start of the propeling. After the rocket flies for about 5 feet the thruster actually starts.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 3:47 am
For the first suggestion... I can understand presenting an old idea when the old topic(s) are buried down to page 5 or something, but this exact same suggestion can be found four topics down the list from where this one is, as of the time of this post.

As for the second idea, the LAW rocket has a curved trajectory--it's just not too obvious until it's traveled a decent distance. The delayed propulsion dealy has been suggested before, and it was agreed in the end that such a feature was ultimately unecessary.

Keron Cyst
December 1, 2005, 5:34 am
@YoMammasMamma: Endo is not talking about gravity on the rocket. He is saying it should be like MGS:TTS in that when the rocket is launched out of the launcher, it doesn't thrust right away; it should drop a little (yes, literally fall after it exits the tube) and then after half a second or so blast forward with a bam. I'd love that, but you'd have to be standing to use it or else crouch/prone would cause the rocket to tink on the ground, and... :-D

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 12:18 pm
Actually, part two is really more like two ideas covered in one paragraph... The part about the trajectory was referring to the spiralling rocket idea, and the little drop was already discussed before. I guess I didn't make my post clear enough in that regard.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 9:28 pm
I support the first idea, but I doubt it could be done. And do you expect the law to allways go straight? No. I've seen fotage of a real LAW being fired at a tank (and anihilating it), and the flightpath of the LAW is perfect, and really the LAW should be thrown back at least (but I suppose that's what realistics for).

Echo_Trail
December 2, 2005, 7:21 am
Endo, the rocket thing! It would look so freakin' awesome! My god, i can barely imagine!
I'm for it, both ideas..
And i sont mean to be an ass, but the first idea has been suggested as well...
Like it anyway!

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 8:38 am
Omg...Imagine....if the law rocket was replaced with a soldat-seeking missile. It wouldnt be perfectly accurate, it will fly to the nearest soldat and make a General attempt to hit him. It wont be very maneuvarable so dashing up or down in an instant or flying up behind cover would dodge it. Ohhh but still, either would be frickin' awsome.

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 8:53 am
That fall then thrust sounds cool, but i'm not so sure about homing missle. Would probably be abused.

Echo_Trail
December 2, 2005, 11:41 am
i think so to, but it would be damn cool!!
imagine a homing missile! Heh, you should be able to lock it on a certain soldat only! amn, that would be so freakin' irritating!!

Keron Cyst
December 2, 2005, 6:35 pm
I already suggested a Tracker Missile. It was shot down; Marcinkowski himself rejected the thought (probably not worth the time to program).