( search forums )
#m00net Lobby Map - Good/Bad Idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
m00`
November 28, 2005, 6:13 am
I have been thinking about making a 'Lobby' map for #m00net server, this could be like a prime meeting place for people, it would run all the time and no map change, people could arrange games, talk and have fights.

this is what i think it should be like:

* it will be a team match game with red, blue, yellow and green

Red - The main area of the map, people can walk around as if its a city and go to cafes (made with scenery), houses pubs etc and talk and stuff
Blue - The fun map area, people go to blue to play climbing games and other stuff mabe i could put bits of climb maps into the map or somthing.
Yellow and Green - Respawn in an arena were they fight

tell me what you think, im not planning on making it anytime soon though and im not sure if it should be done, ^^

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 6:18 am
Sounds awesome!But you'd have to WM all the guns to not shoot or something, but then the Y and G area would be kinda lame.
Good idea though!

m00`
November 28, 2005, 6:20 am
i dont think it would matter if Red's or Blues guns could shoot, friendly fire would be off :D

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 6:41 am
i believe my origional opinion on the subject would be enough "HOLY CUM IN MY PANTS SUPER CALI FRAGILISTIC EXPE [CENSORED] THE SPELLING YES". i will play with the idea, and come uip with a map plan, just for you

m00`
November 28, 2005, 6:59 am
[IMAGE]

this is my idea, it wouldnt really look like that, it would look better and modified and stuff to be curvish and stuff, this is just a layout

[IMAGE]

this is taals view ^^

vash763
November 28, 2005, 7:08 am
Great idea! I would play all the time!

m00`
November 28, 2005, 7:36 am
updated:

Red - would have talk areas mabe a few fun areas and some practise zones for m79 aiming :) and will be able to observe blue and green and yellow
Blue - climbing maps zone, and area with racing maps for people to host races and stuff
Yellow and Green - Arena :)

btw the map will be constantly updated to add more puzzles/practise zones/etc so it doesnt always stay the same

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 7:49 am
nah m00 my idea.
red-in town
-shooting range with bots
-ice slides and ice skating
-areas for races
-m00 cafe
-climbing
-flat areas for genearl practice
-talking area

blue-in shotting range
-theyre purely bot or people who wanna dodge led

green and yellow- arena

Soulsnipa
November 28, 2005, 7:51 am
i would volunteer to make this map, pm me if interested :)...or at least one of the maps.

m00`
November 28, 2005, 8:03 am
mabe soulsnipa, right now we're designing the lay out and stuf and we are not 100% positive we'll do it :D

me and taal have come up with this for blue:

red stand behind a wall with 3 little holes that blue or red cant go through, people can be blue to dodge red bullets and stuff as practise while red shoot through the walls :)

this little area would be a 'duck shooting range' of some sort and it would be at an empty place on the map so that bullets dont go through from blue people to hit red people that are drinking coffee at the cafe :p

Soulsnipa
November 28, 2005, 8:11 am
well if there was a big community map server of 32 people that everyone came to i think that would be sweet

and are u saying that im bad at layouts

m00`
November 28, 2005, 8:19 am
no im just saying we arnt making the map yet, we are making the layouts in paint and stuff to later create the map then we're gonna get good mappers to make it look good and fix up polybugs and stuff, im not sure if its gonna be 32 players, my server is 16 players, i will have to ask the person that donated the server if he would let us make it 32 :p

and we can only hope it will continiously have people in it :p

EDIT:

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/data/m00/m00lobby1.png

this is the layout me and taal agreed on, hes still working on his :D

the 'seats' are areas were people can stand around and talk and watch whats going on in the other areas. the orange line shows were the observers walk.

btw the map will be a lot bigger because as you can imagine we'll be using polygons which will be thick, we wont be using lines and stuff :P

EDIT2: this is taals version

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/data/m00/m00lobby2.PNG

i think it kicks my ones ass :) so we'll probably be using this :D

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 10:14 am
its cause i planned it on a chalk board :P nah its an alright rough copy, ill see what i can do in school tommorrow, im thinking a bigger talk area

m00`
November 28, 2005, 10:32 am
nah i think the talk area is fine it will be really big when its made in a map maker

Soulsnipa
November 28, 2005, 11:30 am
http://sml.u13.net/files/idea_map.GIF

my suggested layout

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 1:48 pm
Wouldn't it be better to discuss this on #soldat.mapping,
and arrange a team, wich would consist of some mappers, each to carry out their
part of the deal?

Eoi
November 28, 2005, 5:05 pm
Excellent Idea! I would spend most of my time there, however:
Spammers, people would go to the talk area and not only take a spot in the server for proper people to play, but also use taunting to quickly say random stuff and mess up peoples lives.
AFK people will also be a pain in the (something), as on any server.
Map will also be very big and so will slow the game down, so limited the number of things in it.

Other than that I love it, I would contribute, but I can't make good maps or have a server so i'm pretty useless.

Edit:
Ok, i am now going to design a map, this will be more realistic, and not be a series of not so random polygons (no offence to the designers fo the past maps), but I prefer the more realistic maps.

I could also make a mod for this specific server, half the guns are for the people in teams yellow and green and the other half (or less than half) for the people in red. For the reds there would be things such as beach balls and frisbees and things like that.

If this server will come along I'd also be happy to moderate it (kick AFK's and spammers)
Although at the moment i'm in one of my most cruccial years at school so I don't have much time, but during the oncoming christmas I should have a lot of free time.

I hope I can be of any help

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 6:16 pm
I could help make a map.
With Ctf_Forsaken done I could start it this afternoon if you wanted :D

Lol, suicide booths like in futurama!

Keron Cyst
November 28, 2005, 6:22 pm
I love it. I propose Avarax, grand_diablo, and Rambo_6 (where has he been?) to make the map (for Boxo's too busy making his own pwning maps :-P). I could help, I think...

Eoi
November 28, 2005, 6:36 pm
Ok, my design
[URL]

I said I like it realistic, so here it, well sort of realistic, I doubt whales live just outside a harbour (I'm British my spelling is right for me).

Please tell me if I should do the mod or not so I will know to think more into it or not, I could even do one if some random person wants it.

OutofOrder
November 28, 2005, 7:24 pm
that's a very interesting idea m00
shouldn't the areas for red to watch/interact with other teams be as narrow as possible? since they can't see too far away (a screen size only, unless they use barrets).

Veritas
November 28, 2005, 8:17 pm
I volunteer for the job.

Btw, am I the only one who has given thought to the fact that everyone on the map will have the same jet settings, this could be a problem.

mar77a
November 28, 2005, 9:31 pm
More info on MSN. :)

Eoi
November 28, 2005, 9:50 pm
Where on msn?
I want more info!
By the way, I didn't really think about the fuel limit, but it doesn't matter in my map, the alpha's can survive with normal fuel.

mar77a
November 28, 2005, 10:33 pm
I was talking to m00, because I own teh server.

Source
November 28, 2005, 10:37 pm
this is a great ideo m00, go for it.

papasurf31
November 28, 2005, 10:56 pm
I completely support this and I would like to help in any way that I can.

N1nj@
November 28, 2005, 11:05 pm
wouldn't the map lags like a [CENSORED]?

I mean, from what I read, the map needs to be pretty big. And doesn't the server will have to be able to hold at least 20+ poeple to make this lobby thing work out?

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:52 pm
although i am thankful for the other map designs i am sticking with my map design.
Veritas:m00 and myself have addressed the problem of jet fuel and i believe that having a minimun setting of jet is more then enough jet.
Officer_Bulbock: XD yeah it was my idea, but in game well call it transportation :P
Eoi: your resort design is interesting but i believe that my design is better layed out, however it might be an idea for next versions of the lobby :P by me any way
N1nj@: thanks for raising a major flaw in the design. however in my design the map is as compact as can be , it is till a considerably large map.

Keron Cyst
November 29, 2005, 12:03 am
There ought to be 3 lobby maps like the 3 arenas, for variation.

Sorry for the sizing; had to draw attention :-P Because of this, I reserve the name Lobby2.PMS; I already have a layout for it and will start mapping it this weekend.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 12:16 am
i might aswell make a lobby map :P
and mod :P

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 12:35 am
I say PS31, Grand, Geo, Anna, and Avarax make one brilliant map (Rambo and Demonics are gone).

m00`
November 29, 2005, 4:22 am
mar77a i wont be on msn for a while (time differences), send me an email or pm :D

thanks for all your suggestions guys, we will see what will happen ^^ btw we got lots of admins already :p

quote:Originally posted by N1nj@wouldn't the map lags like a [CENSORED]?

I mean, from what I read, the map needs to be pretty big. And doesn't the server will have to be able to hold at least 20+ poeple to make this lobby thing work out?

currently we have a 16 player server, if this ides works out we will have more, the server is located in texas, people with a good connection around the world can get around 200 ping, there wont be very mcuh lag since there wouldnt be much fighting going on. spammers/flooders will be kicked

if you want to test the ping, look for the server #m00net PUB CTF on the lobby, if you cant see it, use the ip 209.67.210.130 and port 30000

----

btw we would probably make the simple layout of the map first and 'hire' really good mappers to make it look better and make it bug-free :)

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere ought to be 3 lobby maps like the 3 arenas, for variation.

Sorry for the sizing; had to draw attention :-P Because of this, I reserve the name Lobby2.PMS; I already have a layout for it and will start mapping it this weekend.

nice idea, if you want to you could work on that lobby 2 map as long as you base it on the team ideas we suggsted, like what blue and red and yellow and green do.

could you call the map m00lobby2.pms or soldatlobby2.pms or somthing that would relate to the server, its probably likely there are other maps with the name of 'lobby'

Soulsnipa
November 29, 2005, 2:32 pm
quote:btw we would probably make the simple layout of the map first and 'hire' really good mappers to make it look better and make it bug-free :)

First of all never say the word hire thats bad ive learned, even when its in quotes.

Second I suggest dont make it urself unless you know how to place polygons correctly, otherwise a mapper has to go in and redo the entire thing. (delete is a pain in the ass, then he has to redo it all) 2 step rather than 1.

Third I suggest why not make red and blue in the arena...so noobs who join wont go around randomly killing people unless they somehow happen to join green and yellow.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 2:37 pm
Nice Idea!

Pr0p3r
November 29, 2005, 2:42 pm
i think that choosing the activity by choosing teams is a good solution.

here's my idea:
team red - shooters at shooting range
team blue - climbing and racing Area
team green - chatting and chilling area
team yellow - bots, which are targets of team red.

but i don't know how to bring the arena into this idea. maybe painted work follows...

edit: Map:
http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=itsgonnagoinglikethis6iz.jpg

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 4:37 pm
>Pr0p3r
but your choice did not solve the problem of fighting in the non-fight area as all teams can go into the free area.

>m00` and the lobby making team
will you release it as a new map?

Pr0p3r
November 29, 2005, 5:48 pm
hm...you're right, that's what i've never thought about, [CENSORED]...

Veritas
November 29, 2005, 5:57 pm
Hey, I know, place 501 sceneries and then there'll be a mega-collider in the middle of everything, just place the arenas to the sides.

Norris Scott
November 29, 2005, 8:37 pm
Maybe the target practice should be combat-sniper style--without using the scope.

Sniper bullets pass through colliders, right? At least I think they do...and if that's the case, then you can protect the reds with colliders at the target range and just have "Only players collide" poly-walls blocking the blues from the reds.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 10:08 pm
well im in the middle of creating my lobby, itll pwn kerons :P , right now its all boxy, im trying to get the spacing right and then ill round off the edges and dot the i's

karmazon
November 29, 2005, 10:14 pm
Do it damnit !!!! I'd play it all the time damn damn damn

Keron Cyst
November 29, 2005, 11:51 pm
All right, SoldatLobby2.PMS it is. For my map I'll be making Bravo a Lapis Lazuli-style ForceMatch arena.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 4:15 am
oooh great idea, mines just a simple map as an example really

m00`
November 30, 2005, 4:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipaquote:btw we would probably make the simple layout of the map first and 'hire' really good mappers to make it look better and make it bug-free :)

First of all never say the word hire thats bad ive learned, even when its in quotes.

im not the one forcing people to make maps, this project is for fun, your project was for attention, leave me alone

the 'hire' was meant as ask

quote:Second I suggest dont make it urself unless you know how to place polygons correctly, otherwise a mapper has to go in and redo the entire thing. (delete is a pain in the ass, then he has to redo it all) 2 step rather than 1.

who the hell said im making it on my own, this is going to be made by lots of people, taal is currently working on his basic map, after he's done that people will create the areas off the map that taal cant do (like good shading creating climb map etc), and there will be people to help fix the map etc...

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystAll right, SoldatLobby2.PMS it is. For my map I'll be making Bravo a Lapis Lazuli-style ForceMatch arena.

that wont work, for forcematch we need weapon mods, and weapon mods + custom maps = bad idea, you dont want to know why, just trust me :/

quote:Originally posted by Pr0p3ri think that choosing the activity by choosing teams is a good solution.

here's my idea:
team red - shooters at shooting range
team blue - climbing and racing Area
team green - chatting and chilling area
team yellow - bots, which are targets of team red.

but i don't know how to bring the arena into this idea. maybe painted work follows...

edit: Map:
http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=itsgonnagoinglikethis6iz.jpg

i think the current team ideas are fine, red is the 'main' team, people who join red get to choose what they want to do next, the red team is supposed to have the most people, its like the 'base of operations' or somthing :o

-------

btw anyone here can make the simple map lay out in a map maker (we recommend polyworks), we could choose the best one and work on that together and at the end we would choose the main one and use that :)

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2005, 6:28 am
dude [CENSORED] off if ur going to be a [CENSORED]

im not the one forcing people to make maps, this project is for fun, your project was for attention, leave me alone

the 'hire' was meant as ask

And my use of the word at the time wasnt?

You can have ur own opinion but I didnt do mine for attention either, damn you people are ignorant.

All im saying is that if you dont create the polygons correctly a map can be a [CENSORED]ing pain the ass to do it over.

And yourself was anyone who was making it thats inexperienced.

m00`
November 30, 2005, 6:46 am
I think I've been playing soldat long enough to know how to create polygons in maps, your treating me as if i dont know what the heck im doing, you dont know me, so dont think of me as a mirror like you just did (i am not you, you are not me, i dont do stupid mistakes like you). Hire was quoted for a reason, you cant have a job in soldat, you assigned 'jobs' in that sml stuff and you phailed miserably, this isnt company making maps for people, this is somthing I came up with and I want to make it with the soldat community and with friends, im not going to force people to do anything and im not going to chuck a psycho at anyone if they dislike this idea

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2005, 7:06 am
people change that was the past anyway... the hire thing, it was only a joke lighten up

just because you play soldat doesnt mean you know how to map. I'm only trying to help and you give me attitude, geez man what do you have against me. I might not be the best mapper but i think ive been doing it long enough to say that it would be much easier if the people who did the maps were experienced and placed the polygons correctly. If you can do that they go for it, thats all i was saying.

m00`
November 30, 2005, 7:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipapeople change that was the past anyway... the hire thing, it was only a joke lighten up

just because you play soldat doesnt mean you know how to map. I'm only trying to help and you give me attitude, geez man what do you have against me. I might not be the best mapper but i think ive been doing it long enough to say that it would be much easier if the people who did the maps were experienced and placed the polygons correctly. If you can do that they go for it, thats all i was saying.

okey first of all, when did I say I will be making the map all on my own? you keep thinking im going to be making it on my own and saying i should leave it to 'ze experts' im making this map with friends and people willing to help

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2005, 7:31 am
ok sorry....but if i submitted something would u be willing to accept it even if i came from me

m00`
November 30, 2005, 7:39 am
quote: im making this map with friends and people willing to help

yah

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2005, 7:47 am
hmm well if u saw my map tutorial then i could update that into a full map

m00`
November 30, 2005, 10:42 am
quote:
>m00` and the lobby making team
will you release it as a new map?

Do you mean post it in the forum? Yes it will be posted in the forum for easy download and you could probly also download it from the site http://m00.u13.net when its done

quote:Originally posted by Norris ScottMaybe the target practice should be combat-sniper style--without using the scope.

Sniper bullets pass through colliders, right? At least I think they do...and if that's the case, then you can protect the reds with colliders at the target range and just have "Only players collide" poly-walls blocking the blues from the reds.

good idea ^^

Keron Cyst
November 30, 2005, 6:16 pm
Why wouldn't ForceMatch work? The only FM players are all on Bravo team and Friendly Fire is disabled. So all they do is just shoot at each other, trying to get others to commit suicide at spikes in the corner of the map-in-a-map. All you need are some explosive weapons so players are pushed around a lot.

I'm almost done with my share of the second lobby. Then I'll send it to m00` and some others to 1337ize it ;-D

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2005, 7:09 pm
idono what forcematch is....but you could def play flag frenzy however you would worry about the server restarting and you would have to set it to ctf map. Idono if you like this idea or not.

Keron Cyst
November 30, 2005, 7:49 pm
ForceMatch is an unofficial game mode Lapis_Lazuli made up in which weapons do no damage and you try to force enemies into fatal spikes and such. No matter the WM (I dunno why a lobby server'd need a WM at all), weapons will do no damage in a m00net lobby server, since only one team is participating and Friendly Fire would be disabled.

:-D

m00`
December 1, 2005, 4:32 am
didnt lapis' forcematch have modded weapons?

n00bface
December 1, 2005, 6:07 am
PRETTY SWEET IDEA DUDE!!!!!!!!!

WISH I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF IT FIRST!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH IT, I HOPE YOU COME UP WITH A SOLUTION TO BLA BLA BLA

REALLY, it's a super idea, with a little bit of advertising it can become very successful, so maybe you should advertise it a little more!!!!!!!

vash763
December 1, 2005, 6:07 am
Yes it did, but in this case it's a spin off of forcematch.

He won't need a mod though, they won't do any damage since only the bravo team is playing. He's saying instead of racing in his map, it's going to be a sumo match of sorts.

m00`
December 1, 2005, 6:08 am
well i think racing would be good in red team and he could leave forcematch for blue purely

Keron Cyst
December 1, 2005, 3:42 pm
@m00`: yeah, only so that they would do no damage. Besides, it doesn't matter since the only FM participants in a lobby will all be on the same team and can't hurt each other and thus can only push each other. I've said that three times already!! xP

vash763
December 1, 2005, 11:13 pm
Ya I know, get with the program m00` haha.

Sounds great though, can't wait for this to get goin.

I'll prolly spend all my time there haha

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 11:59 pm
m00` lemme make a skatepark in it! :D

m00`
December 2, 2005, 4:27 am
sure s4r, once the main map is made you can make a skatepark :) who ever is making a lobby map, leave a spot for a skate park for s4r :P

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 4:28 am
make the ground ice in the skatepatk :D

m00`
December 2, 2005, 4:34 am
thats what i was thinking :p but theere should be scenery to make it more realistic and better looking, tere will be an ice place btw, i think they should both be seperate

karmazon
December 3, 2005, 7:59 pm
how's it coming along, can i be a tester ? :P

nickasummers
December 3, 2005, 9:20 pm
you could put in a swiming pool with a deep end (hurt tiles for drowning). i did something like this on a small scale but im not very good i used a teal scenery in middle with bettween 10 and 30 % opacity so it looks like you are in water. but you dont float :(

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 5:24 am
maybe we can also include a bouncing polygon as an elevator in the free area so that fuel can be minimize (for the climbing game)
btw, can we adjust the bouncing level for the polygon? it would be nice to have a bouncing pool :)

m00`
December 4, 2005, 7:07 am
good idea yukina :D

vash763
December 4, 2005, 11:32 pm
Very nice idea.

Maybe add suicide booths for quick transportation?

m00`
December 4, 2005, 11:53 pm
we already thought about that :D

headstone
December 5, 2005, 12:46 am
A bouncing poly would lag this already huge map like crazy. Just use steps

I love the idea, though, moo.

vash763
December 5, 2005, 12:48 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`we already thought about that :D

RAWRRAWR

HULK SMASH

cool though. can't wait to see this

karmazon
December 5, 2005, 12:51 am
DO IT ALREADY GOOOOSH I WANNA PLAY

vash763
December 5, 2005, 12:55 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonDO IT ALREADY GOOOOSH I WANNA PLAY

YESH HURRRRRRRRRRRIE IT UPS DEEEEEMANT

Kaider
December 5, 2005, 1:04 am
If you want no shooting each other in the cafe areas and other stuffs...make bullet collide only colliders in every space! xD

Oh,and can I beta test? I had an idea for a chat only server a little while ago,this idea is much better and I really want to test this map out!

m00`
December 5, 2005, 4:36 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonDO IT ALREADY GOOOOSH I WANNA PLAY

2 people are currently working on map for it (keron and Taal) once their done the main lay outs, the maps will be worked on to be improved and good scenery will be added and stuff, dont expect it any time soon :P

---------

EDIT:

Taal has created his map, its gonna be AWSOME, its so big and good looking but still needs more work, im going to work on the shading, could someone povide scenery, we need buildings and signs and other stuff you could provide, mabe chair scenery? the climbing map area is copied directly from ctf_techclimb so credits go to the creator of techclimb for that :)

the only problem in Taals map is that the polygons arent placed well but i think it will do lol, shading can still be done and it looks fine and there doesnt seem to be any major polybugs :P

quote:Oh,and can I beta test? I had an idea for a chat only server a little while ago,this idea is much better and I really want to test this map out!

there wont be a beta testing team, after the map is done it will be put straight on to the server and people will tell us what they think and what they think should be improved and what bugs there will be, that will be the beta testing phase, if it doesnt work out we will probably cancel the project, if everything goes well, then look out for better versions ^__^

vash763
December 5, 2005, 7:50 am
schweeeeeeeeeeeeet

m00`
December 5, 2005, 11:06 am
[IMAGE]

this is how it looks like so far, its gonna look really good later whe nwe have all the scenery and stuff, the top left brown part is gonna have statues of people :D

Norris Scott
December 5, 2005, 11:13 am
Oh my God that looks so farking cool I love it

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 4:43 am
god i suck at shading.. wait what do you mean my polygon placement sux :P, its alright itll be improved as we get peoples opinions, bu for now id just like to say HA! I BEAT YOUR PANSY WHITE ASS KERON, i dont see your map :P

karmazon
December 6, 2005, 4:49 am
if its as big as i think it is than its gonna be sweet, it sounds like im talking about a [CENSORED] but im not

m00`
December 6, 2005, 4:51 am
its really big karmazon ^^

OutofOrder
December 6, 2005, 5:11 am
I can do signs in flash :D just like the ones i made for htf_dangerous :P but themed the way you ask it, of course. Just tell me what each sign should be, and the approx. sizes. and if you like any type of font in particular.
msn / aim: xoutoforderx@hotmail.com / xAutoFordx

Keron Cyst
December 6, 2005, 5:32 am
Wow, it's supposed to be like that, that humongous? You can trash my lobby2, then! xD

karmazon
December 6, 2005, 5:36 am
wow i like it, though it needs to be waaay bigger, waaay bigger

m00`
December 6, 2005, 6:17 am
this is what i need OutOfOrder

- a little sign that shows a soldat proning with flames shooting out of his shoes (jet pack) to show that 'this area of the map' you can slide with prone.

- a sign of a soldat with a gun

- 4 arrows, 1 pointing up, 1 pointing down and 1 pointing left and 1 pointing right

- a sign that says "cafe"

- a sign that says "dont feed the ducks"

- a sign that says "shooting range"

- a sign that says "race courses"

- a sign that says "ice central"

- a sign that says "http://m00.u13.net - #m00net Lobby"

- a sign that says "famous soldaters"

- a sign that says "climbing map area, thanks to techclimb"

- a sign that says "arena"

i know its quite a lot, its all i could think of right now :p

we still need scenery of buildings, chairs and many other things you could put in guys ^^ could somone try making some statues of random soldats and see how it turns out ^^

btw i'd like all the signs to be like the same theme ^^

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 7:39 am
just played in online, apart from getting slow on the firing range it looks great ([CENSORED]ing hurdles) keron still post yours, or atleast still design one, i need competition :P. if it was any bigger karma it would explode :P

vash763
December 6, 2005, 8:21 am
You only need one arrow right? Just rotate it

m00`
December 6, 2005, 8:29 am
yah i guess that would do ^^

OutofOrder
December 6, 2005, 1:10 pm
aww dude, i just made the 4 arrows plus other 4 in diagonals, in case they were necessary.

xD

allright m00, i'll start with those signs. and i'll pm you if i get any doubts.

edit: PM'ed you already. check check check!

mar77a
December 6, 2005, 1:38 pm
make sure it has no custom sceneries please...it'll make things easier and faster for new joiners.

Pr0p3r
December 6, 2005, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77amake sure it has no custom sceneries please...it'll make things easier and faster for new joiners.

jeap!

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 10:06 pm
martta is right, make arrows out of existing scenery, like boxes. but a few signs would be nice

m00`
December 7, 2005, 4:23 am
I think it is VERY neccesssary for the map to have custom scenery or it would look very plain, mar77a i will put a download on the site too :P

karmazon
December 7, 2005, 4:49 am
grrr make it bigger and finish it

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 5:06 am
That does sound very awsome. Kind of reminds me of habbo hotel or what ever that was called.

m00`
December 7, 2005, 5:15 am
if this works out really well, mabe this could become news on the soldat official website, and if its even better than that mabe michal could put a button in soldat to join the server automatically directly from the lobby thingy ;)

Source
December 7, 2005, 5:44 am
we played it a little yesterday, so much fun.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 12:46 pm
lol m00 dont get too carried away, i would say if it gets really popular maybe soldat could have an official lobby server. with it being the default soldat server address and stuff liek that

Kaider
December 7, 2005, 8:45 pm
That map is too sweet......No one would be able to do any better!

vash763
December 8, 2005, 1:51 am
This will be awesome.

Or fail miserably, and leave karmazon and myself in ruins.

HURRY UPS

karmazon
December 8, 2005, 1:55 am
oh man i cant wait to play this map with like 30 people in it

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 3:11 am
i cant wait to polay this map with 30 people in it and go "so you know i made this map" and instantly get vote kicked for lieing :P Note to m00 put my name somewhere in the corner where you can only see it with the barrets scope :P. its just a simple layout, i think m00s everyone elses tried to do to much to soon while mine was just a simple exampole map

m00`
December 8, 2005, 4:35 am
you will have a statue taal :P

vash763
December 8, 2005, 5:00 am
haha sick, wont the chat get a little cluttered?

m00`
December 8, 2005, 5:19 am
yah but i think it wont be too bad, really bad spammers will be kicked/banned

EDIT - UPDATES:

Here are the latest screenshots with some signs, thanks to OutOfOrder :)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

btw we are still looking for people to make some statues of people with names carved under them to put in the famous soldaters section and see how they turn out :D and we also need some scenery to fill up the talking spaces like the cafe (which is still being made, so not shown in screenshot)

btw most of the lobby map is covered with ice polygons to allow for easy movement with prone ^^

vash763
December 8, 2005, 6:32 am
make the cafe feel like an enclosed space. cover the background with a scenery like in chernobyl.

I'm hoping the map will be more appealing visually later, but I wouldn't mind it being released now :D

m00`
December 8, 2005, 6:33 am
yah it isnt very good looking right now because its just polygons and signs :p

we need more scenery like houses, buildings, seats, things to make it look better ^^

vash763
December 8, 2005, 7:37 am
ahmahgahd, after actually playing it I can't wait to see it all spiced up and full of people!

m00`
December 8, 2005, 10:39 am
LOL today was awsome, i played it with around 12 other people all together, it was mad fun!, like everyone was occupying the shooting range ^^

come pla ysometiems guys, hosting this quite a lot for testing lately :)

OutofOrder
December 8, 2005, 11:25 am
m00', see the down arrow in the second screenshot? you have to flip it horizontally so the light source becomes the same as in every sign. and do that for every other down arrow. ^^

m00`
December 8, 2005, 11:29 am
oh i understand, i think its a bit late, how do i select scenery thats over a polygon in polyworks?

Algernon
December 8, 2005, 11:39 am
that little "draw" tool. draw a square over it and it will be selected for deletion or it can be moved if some other tool is clicked. sorry if that's a little vague.

m00`
December 8, 2005, 11:43 am
nvm i got it, i thought if i use that it will select polies too lol

edit: lol wait it does :p its just that those down arrows didn't have small polies around htem, they were just over huge chunks of polies

Algernon
December 8, 2005, 11:49 am
got it figured out? if not, then you may have to zoom in and select the scenery from closer up. there are these little tags on the scenery than you have to highlight with the tool in order to select them and they can be kind of hard to see if you're not in close.

m00`
December 8, 2005, 11:52 am
i got it, the arrow thingy is fixed, thanks, ill update the test map later, im keeping the latest version with me and updating the server lobby beta test map when i make major changes :)

btw the lobby map now has its own transport system, 'teleway' :OO im so original, lol anyho with teleway there is a suicide poly entrance next to each red spawn and you can kill your self to spawn at another one :) 99% guarantee that it will teleport you to a different spawn :P make that 20% guarantee lol :(

OutofOrder
December 8, 2005, 11:52 am
make sure you have checked "Points" in the Display window, then look around for a rather big square-shaped point around the sign, press E, then select only that point (scenery points are shown bigger than polygon points). the scenery will then be selected. :)

Avarax
December 8, 2005, 9:59 pm
http://home.arcor.de/Avarax/lounge1.JPG

m00`
December 8, 2005, 11:10 pm
hehe i remember that screenshot avarx, from a really old topic, we need more screenshots and the map needs to be similiar to our ideas :)

nickasummers
December 9, 2005, 12:36 am
this is so cool! where can i d/l? this is an awsome idea but where are is the restroom? :B

Norris Scott
December 9, 2005, 12:40 am
You guys are doing awesome so far, keep up the great work :)

I'll look through my scenery files sometime and see if I have any buildings/chairs/etc worth contributing. I know I have chairs and tables, but I don't know about buildings...most of the ones I have are just ruins.

I do have some statues of soldats though from different maps.

m00`
December 9, 2005, 4:32 am
yah i have 2 statues of soldats but i need better looking ones, guys it needs ot look somthing like this:

[IMAGE]

but needs to be a bit more clear and better ^^

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 6:54 am
and maybe a little bigger. but its the genearl idea, hopefully with a mettalic look too.

vash763
December 12, 2005, 12:16 am
updatation?

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 1:04 am
wow :D
this looks great :)

Norris Scott
December 12, 2005, 3:04 am
[IMAGE]

Made it large so that it can be resized using Polyworks/MM and still look decent when placed on the map :)

I tested it in polyworks to make sure the size was okay. This way, you can just size it to the height you want on the map... just keep in mind that if you use the original size, it'll be massive.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for, I'd love to be featured on this map in some obscure way >_>

I'll gladly do statues for other semi-well known/well known soldaters :D

(It's a BMP, but stupid Photobucket uploads it as a JPG... gah)

m00`
December 12, 2005, 4:47 am
looks nice, good job :D

hey btw re upload it again on m00net file uploader, it wont change it to jpg

http://m00.u13.net

we need mroe statues, add me to msn if you havnt, m00rox@gmail.com could you possible making statues of people that i gave you screenshots off?

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 1:46 pm
The map is going quite nice, but you could add instructions,
places like shooting range, for blue.

reckon
December 13, 2005, 8:00 pm
mooooo, I dunno if this has been suggested, I have alot of pages to catch up on.
I noticed a alot of free space in the upper area, perhaps you could install some sort of "Trick Shot" area.
It would be similar to the shooting range, but you could make various tunnels specific to a weapon that would cause the bullet to ricochet into various spots.
At the end of said spot you could place a dummy bot and a kill would be rewarded for a correctly placed rico shot.
You could have it for the long range weaps like Law and Barret, and certain areas set up for M79s or Spas, etc.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:00 am
meh thtas an idea fro another lobby map, make a demo map of your idea to illustrate it, it sounds damn good

reckon
December 14, 2005, 12:29 am
Well im not proficient in the use of polyworks or mapmaker, so I wouldnt be able to produce the necessary tunnels to invoke the ricochet trick shots.
I know some maps before have demonstrated this, so there somewhere out there.

zaraza
December 14, 2005, 3:54 am
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7537/mystatues15ax.png[/IMG]

Are those ok statues? If yes, then i'll just post here this bmp file and will be glad i could help :)

m00`
December 14, 2005, 4:34 am
haha that looks okey but im sorta aiming more for what norris scott created ;) still waiting for him to add me to msn :(

quote:Originally posted by reckonmooooo, I dunno if this has been suggested, I have alot of pages to catch up on.
I noticed a alot of free space in the upper area, perhaps you could install some sort of "Trick Shot" area.
It would be similar to the shooting range, but you could make various tunnels specific to a weapon that would cause the bullet to ricochet into various spots.
At the end of said spot you could place a dummy bot and a kill would be rewarded for a correctly placed rico shot.
You could have it for the long range weaps like Law and Barret, and certain areas set up for M79s or Spas, etc.

good idea ill think about it after we finis hwith the main scenery ;0

Rabble
December 14, 2005, 4:42 am
quote:Originally posted by reckonWell im not proficient in the use of polyworks or mapmaker, so I wouldnt be able to produce the necessary tunnels to invoke the ricochet trick shots.
I know some maps before have demonstrated this, so there somewhere out there.

Il try it out, in a demo map, because it sounds awsome. But question... are you saying place a bot at the end of the tunnel, and make waypoints to make it stay where it is, and then when you get the right ric shot you would get a kill for it? I think thats what you ment. What would help me alot is a basic diagram of what you mean by the shape of the tunnels. Tunnel that have poly's pointing out of them, and you'd try to get your bullets past them, or a tunnel that gets skinnier and skinnier as it goes along.

Get back to me as soon as u can i love this idea.

Rabble

vash763
December 15, 2005, 12:48 am
The Arena us SUPER small, and buggy too.

Soulsnipa
December 15, 2005, 1:12 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`haha that looks okey but im sorta aiming more for what norris scott created ;) still waiting for him to add me to msn :(

quote:Originally posted by reckonmooooo, I dunno if this has been suggested, I have alot of pages to catch up on.

u told me u didnt have room for anything else. and it would lag the server hypocrite

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 1:59 am
I was just in the testing server, but right when I got in I was in for about five seconds and then the map changed to ctf_Maya, and went back to M00net CTF. But the good thing is I got the map downloaded and it looks awesome ;)

EDIT: It's back up! Wooooootage!

m00`
December 15, 2005, 4:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipaquote:Originally posted by m00`haha that looks okey but im sorta aiming more for what norris scott created ;) still waiting for him to add me to msn :(

u told me u didnt have room for anything else. and it would lag the server hypocrite

I told you after I posted that, what do you think I said

quote:ill think about it

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 7:01 pm
I just played the lobby map- pure ownage! The race courses are fun, although a few more types and making them a bit longer wouldn't hurt. Also, the ducks have a habit of fighting back xD
You can't get into the arena either, because the server is set to CTF.
Also, you might want to add another climb map. People say its to easy, which is fine but it could be nice to have a harder one(s?) as well.
And no-one uses the chat area much because you can chat from anywhere (But if you had a conversation you would use it)

But apart from that its awesome. I raced some guys on the hurdles track (And once I learned how to go the fastest I kept owning them :D), I also raced some of them on the ice track, but it was a bit short (Considering how fast you slide). The climbing map kept me busy for a while, and the duck shooting was hilarious as the ducks kept trying to escape by blowing themselves out (Not to succesful, but as funny as hell- Especially when one got loose!).

In fact, it was so good everyone kept voting the map back whenever it changed for like five games before the change stayed xD

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 8:16 pm
Officer_Bulbock, that was some great fun we had. m00, you should make an entire server based on that map alone! Lol, there are some bugs to work out though. Even when it is set to CTF, the flags don't appear in the climbing map area. And I agree with Officer_Bulbock, in how it should be set to Team Deathmatch instead of CTF, so people could actually go into the arena without waiting a long time (or a short bit depending on when you get there) for an admin to show up and even then they (*cough* Kik *cough) might not even let you in, because they have to ask for your number, and there is no way to figure out your number. Right, back to the bugs. Someone on red could change to blue then try to hide from everyone, or just assassinate them from long distance, or even just go on a rampage. The blues could (vice versa) switch to red, and be red in the duck holding chamber. I can't wait to see when the skatepark is fully developed. If this was the final version (testlobby4) then everyone would still love it,including me. I can barely see how it can improve. All in all, everyone enjoyed it once they figured out it wasn't really a CTF game xD

Side note to Officer_Bulbock: *poses* xD

rabidhamster
December 15, 2005, 10:46 pm
how many polies is that map made out of?

vash763
December 16, 2005, 1:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Kaiderm00, you should make an entire server based on that map alone!

*coughbetacough*

m00`
December 16, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterhow many polies is that map made out of?

not many, only 1736

quote:And I agree with Officer_Bulbock, in how it should be set to Team Deathmatch instead of CTF

it will be teammatch when its done, im not gonna change game mode every time i wanna test the map with other people, hence the name 'testlobby4'