( search forums )
Intro?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:18 am
What happened to the intro? We need a new one anyway, the old one kind of annoyed me, mainly cause of the music. I would record one, but fraps doesn't seem to work, and I don't know of anyone else.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 3:38 pm
The intro is a soldat demo, so you don't need fraps(and there is a new one in 1.3).
The music is in your soldat directory named intro.it (i think).
If you don't like it, you can allways mod it to your prefered music.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 5:54 pm
But the music is awesome :O
Why isn't it a default song like Gore or Necromancide?

Echo_Trail
November 28, 2005, 8:53 pm
who makes that music anyway?

mar77a
November 28, 2005, 9:38 pm
read the manual

metal123
November 29, 2005, 2:19 am
MM makes the music.
A new intro would be nice to introduce the noobies to the game. There should be an option to disable the intro on options or something though because it does get annoying, ive played soldat with the intro poping up last year.

Echo_Trail
November 29, 2005, 7:11 am
there is!.. Enter Soldat Setup, and in the last menu, you can check/uncheck "play intro"..

m00`
November 29, 2005, 7:13 am
i think the intro needs better effects, boring old soldat demos are boring and dont catch new peoples eyes ^^

person
November 29, 2005, 8:31 am
Should make a demo of actual people doing a scripted play or something; make it look cool.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 10:58 am
Real war pics :)
It would be [CENSORED]ing awesome.

Echo_Trail
November 29, 2005, 12:08 pm
hmm... i don't know who's up for the getting-pwned part, but i'll defenitely pose as the shooter:D

Veritas
November 29, 2005, 12:11 pm
Personally I think the intro should be a compilation of different cool fights, trickshots and general pwnage.

And it would also be nice if you could play a tutorial.

person
November 29, 2005, 2:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by VeritasPersonally I think the intro should be a compilation of different cool fights, trickshots and general pwnage.

That's kinda what I was thinking... but I don't know how difficult it would be to make a compilation of demos from different maps and stuff and make them all into one for the intro.

So yeah, a scripted scenario with real players I think would be alright, and it may be a fun community thing also. And in the credits they could get their names listed for it.

Also, if there are trickshots and that, I'd like the methods people use to make them not actually seen... half the fun of being a noob is finding out how to do that stuff. For them and pros alike, that is.

numgun
November 29, 2005, 4:33 pm
how about making the intro with a clips from ''project X''?

or i know! lets make an intro making competion!

btw, the intro music is 1337 ^^

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by metal123MM makes the music.

Read the [CENSORED]ing manual.

jettlarue
December 4, 2005, 9:42 pm
can you ake like an avi movie and make that the intro like convert the avi into the sdm format?

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 11:26 pm
That would be awesome.
Perhaps it could become alomst a story?
Like a clan match. Using various tactics and stuff. Encouraging them into the community.

And then there could be like this campagin mode where there's an intro and then you take over the role of the team leader and then......

Or whatever.

GluLm
December 8, 2005, 11:43 pm
In my opinion, the older Intro of Soldat was way better than the new one.
Plus the new one is too short and doesn't really show what IS Soldat. I'm not even talking about the bots being stupid in that demo too. Looks like this new intro was made 3 mins before the official release of 1.3... >_>