( search forums )
Server goes buggy after changing to custom map
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Boxo
November 28, 2005, 8:41 pm
I've been running a dedicated server for some maptesting. Everything works fine as long as there's no more than one map in the list, if it's custom.

What exactly happens is that people get booted out of the server upon mapchange, download the new map, and join (normal). Then however everyone starts getting WMW errors, players spawn in random places and such. This doesn't happen every mapchange, but about 50% of the time. I have to manually switch it with the /map command to fix this, which isn't very practical, and means that I can't leave the server running with a mapslist longer than one map.

So, for example, the mapslist.txt
"ctf_helia"
works well, but
"ctf_helia
ctf_dropdown2"
often causes bugginess and WMW's on mapchange.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Kaider
December 7, 2005, 12:51 am
this has nothing to do with your question,but I was very excited when I saw this server in the lobby.I went to it immediately. Right when I get in there, this pops up:

Kick: [{PRO}] Kaider
Voter: someguy(not his realy name)
Reason: Haxing

And of course I tell him i'm not hacking,I never have and never will hack. I tell him you can't make a fair judgement right when I get in there anyway. Then five seconds after saying that I see THIS:

Kick: [{PRO}] Kaider
Voter: different guy
Reason: shoves cheezez up hisASS

And I was kicked. I jhust got back from this happening actually,and I have a question. What the hell?