( search forums )
HTF Catalyst
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 10:09 pm
I made this map a while ago but never posted it in these forums, so I figured, what the hey. There's a lot of people here who can give me some pointers or something of the rather.

This the first map that I've made that came out decent in my opinion. The others all have hundreds of useless polygons and the world's worst waypoints. Don't judge this as if it was my first map though, pretend like I'm an experienced mapper or something.

Too bad no one plays HTF. X(

Overview
The polygon colors depicted in the top half of the screen show what kind of polys are there. Yellow is player-collide only, blue is ice, the rest are normal. Just so you know.

Download

Not Waypointed-It has however, been submitted to Mar77a's nifty little site which I love so very very much. Hopefully he'll be able to do it and fix the mess I made of the botpaths.

Edit:Having noticed all the "Pending" maps on Mar77a's site, I'm wondering if anyone else would like to do me a favor so that he isn't overburdened.

GluLm
November 28, 2005, 10:41 pm
Yeah I tried your map last week and I think it's pretty good.
Don't say that nobody plays HTF cause you're wrong there!
However I suggest you don't bother making someone else do the waypoints because it may degrade your work (yes, IT HAPPENS). Plus it's not easy to have bots flying all around a map without getting stuck every here and there.
Good job anyway, wide map, simple design... but good gameplay.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:38 pm
I love the shading and the polygon smooth-ing.
But it's kind of boring...add some more mid-air polys;D

Keron Cyst
November 29, 2005, 12:20 am
I don't like the layout and the polygon-shading, but that's just me.

quote:Originally posted by Swazo... Too bad no one plays HTF. X(...