( search forums )
How to "no-blood" patch your soldat game.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
metal123
November 28, 2005, 10:44 pm
Well, people may have found this out by messin in their soldat folder but, i would like to post this anyways

1.create a backup of your soldat folder (for restoring the game to its origonal state)

2.change everythings contents to the green you see in the backround in C:\Soldat\Gostek-gfx\ranny (gore)

3. go to C:\Soldat\Sparks-gfx And change these files to all light green you see in the backround "splat.bmp" "lilblood.bmp" and "blood.bmp"

You could just delete them but ive heard it can resault in having to replace your ranny and blood grafix again

Thats it, your soldat is fixed from all blood and gore! Please tell me if you still have blood/gore ingame because i might of missed something.

Tip: Remember no to delete or mess around with anything because i remember having big smokeballs for blood by mistake, something whent wrong but i never edited anything...

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 10:45 pm
If you delete the bitmaps you will have to reinstall the game, go into the bitmaps mentioned and turn them all the backround green behind the blood. And this should go in the modding discussion, not here, or even the lounge, this is'nt very helpfull

metal123
November 28, 2005, 10:48 pm
Oh relly? Ive done this and ive had no problems doing this but i will change it. sorry for the wrong post place...

Just thought this would be helpful cause i have a few people that just dont like gore/blood for some reasons wether their jsut not old enough ect.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:42 pm
Why would you want soldat to be no blood?

Vijchtidoodah
November 29, 2005, 12:07 am
He's giving a guide for people who don't like the gore as he just said, Dezonus. And FMBM, don't assume that it isn't helpful just because you don't need it.

UGK
November 29, 2005, 12:21 am
Who doesn't like blood and gore? I mean It makes the game for fun...

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 12:27 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahHe's giving a guide for people who don't like the gore as he just said, Dezonus. And FMBM, don't assume that it isn't helpful just because you don't need it.

I did'nt say it was'nt helpfull, I said it was'nt very helpfull, there is a difference. Seriously though, there's not realy a good section to post this in without somone saying somthing silly about it

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 12:44 am
I know how to change the blood colour now...

PINK BLOOD AHOY!

metal123
November 29, 2005, 1:46 am
LoL, I know one "kid" whos father doesent like blood 'n games so i desided to make this for all those poor people who cant play this awsom game, i agree that blood and gore makes this game fun but there is people out there that dislike it for diffrent reasons.

quote: I know how to change the blood colour now...

PINK BLOOD AHOY! haha, yellow blood for me :)

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 2:11 am
The reasons I play is because
1. you can easily modify it
2. THE BLOOD AND GORE

Alamo
November 29, 2005, 5:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusThe reasons I play is because
[...]
2. THE BLOOD AND GORE

I second that!

Swarmer
November 29, 2005, 6:45 pm
I remember a post earlier from someone wanting to put Soldat on the schools network, but was concerned about violence. This is a good post concerning that. See, there are people who would find this useful. Now plenty of kids can play soldat at school now.

metal123
November 29, 2005, 7:44 pm
Thanks for making my point swarmer
Some people need no blood, and are not familiar enough with the games files to modifie it

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 10:21 pm
But if you have no blood in your files, how will you tell when other soldats ar elow on health?

karmazon
November 29, 2005, 10:28 pm
hey can somebody make soldat even more bloody and gory for me, like mortal kombat or something, and i want it realistic too, not like somebody shoots me and the whole screen goes red

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 10:30 pm
If it were realistic, there;d hardly be any blood.

karmazon
November 29, 2005, 10:38 pm
i dont mean realistic as in life realistic i mean realistic as in mortal kombat physics realistic

FliesLikeABrick
November 30, 2005, 12:15 am
I'm not moving this to modding because this thread has turned into a discussion of the concept of making it blood-free.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 3:02 am
doing this would actually be a good idea for people or "parents" with a younger child in the house around 6-9 so that they don't see all the blood. I know kids that age (9) who play and their parents hate the blood, so it would be good in that aspect.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 3:09 am
Yeah, if kids around 9 are getting on server with no blood but then they hear
"WTF YOU ****ING HACKER"
"STFU YOU STUPID *** B****!!!"

Yeah... Pointless, if they play with bots, they are still hearing
"EAT S***"

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 3:12 am
yea but, I mean come on, atleast it's not blood and people blowing up and blood going places.

do you think they know what those words mean if they are 9?

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 9:28 am
No but I think they can find out playing soldat.

Swarmer
November 30, 2005, 6:27 pm
Implementation of a chat filter would be nice, or maybe an option to turn off all chat.
Also, maybe some default bot chat could be changed, like the ones with questionable content that would offend a young mother.

metal123
November 30, 2005, 8:29 pm
Well, there is bot makers and editors. You can easily edit bots to not say stuff like that. Or just dont play with the bots that say the "bad" words

And btw there is a option to turn off botchatting in the options menue but not yet anything to turn off chat on online games.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 11:59 am
Predator would be painful. Esspicially for new players.

Lolly
December 2, 2005, 8:12 pm
I've known what those words meant since I was 4...
People offended by soldat scare me :O

metal123
December 3, 2005, 2:29 pm
Probely true. They are just words, but kids should also not be saying them all the time because #1 its just annoying
#2 people assume they have nasty parents :)

.alex.oner.
December 4, 2005, 8:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwarmerImplementation of a chat filter would be nice, or maybe an option to turn off all chat.
Also, maybe some default bot chat could be changed, like the ones with questionable content that would offend a young mother.

why does it matter if its a young mother but not a old mother?

and not knowing swear words when your 9/10?? jeez guys, i dont think children of that age are isolated to society..

- Tek -
December 4, 2005, 11:45 pm
lol, I've always the blood graphics doubled in dimensions for a long time!