( search forums )
Official Soldat download Page?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
shoover
November 29, 2005, 1:30 am
Look, is there some www.soldatdownloads.com (it doesnt exist) An official soldat downloads page thats an affiliate and/or part of the soldat ring? The one, the one that has like, 2000 maps, millions of mods etc....

If not, why not create one? I can kick in a couple times, it might be fun.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 1:55 am
I don't think there is, just www.soldat.pl

FliesLikeABrick
November 29, 2005, 2:05 am
i know someone who is working on a site like this, look for it in 3-4 months

vash763
November 29, 2005, 2:17 am
I wonder who it is?

Echo_Trail
November 29, 2005, 6:58 am
what? you mena like an alternate Soldat homepage? Only not original home ofcourse...

DePhille
November 29, 2005, 3:41 pm
SoldatPage!!! ;)
It hasn't got alot of maps/mods but it is dedicated to it.
Anyway , It's got around 110 maps and 40 mods etc.

I'm working on a new update for several months now , which will have scenery downloads and all the functions a download site should have (map editing , blahblah).

If you really want alot of stuff I think that there is no site that has alot of it all (not now:P). It really depends of what downloads you want :).

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricki know someone who is working on a site like this, look for it in 3-4 months

Mmhmm, Michal Marcinkowski has pretty much approved it as being official too. ;o

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 29, 2005, 4:25 pm
cool! That would be great!

FliesLikeABrick
November 29, 2005, 6:40 pm
Stalky, he has?

are you sure we're talking about the same person? :P

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 8:39 am
Which person are yaz referring to?

FliesLikeABrick
November 30, 2005, 6:08 pm
ah yeah we are talking about the same person :P

shoover
December 3, 2005, 9:48 pm
1200 maps, 300 bots, Listen I WILL Start my own webpage, it will be officialy www.soldatdownloads.com, look for it soon.

Hehe, adsense, once you ppl advertise for me, i make revenue off the ads, and that can get me to keep the page.

So, Mike, do we have a deal?

FliesLikeABrick
December 3, 2005, 11:02 pm
shoover, are you semi-blind? Someone is already working very hard on a site like this. For you to go off and make your own would be immature and would hurt the integrity of the community. It is entirely un-necessary to go create your own site when there is already one on the way, one which is professional quality and full-featured.

This is exactly something that Ok mentioned in his thread, and you're the walking, breathing, talking definition of it if you decide to go start your own site for this.

shoover
December 3, 2005, 11:23 pm
Ok sry if i cant help, jeez dont be such a [CENSORED]tard

FliesLikeABrick
December 4, 2005, 2:44 am
meh sorry, i had just woken up from a nap, i was cranky :P

shoover
December 5, 2005, 3:21 am
Look, i really dont have much to do, ill do whatever it takes to be here, seriously, i want to help, mcdonalds jobs is really not much, ill do anything to kick in, i dont have to to make a webapge or not, just give me something, please

Pulp
December 5, 2005, 1:52 pm
I think www.selfkill.com is now the biggest non-official soldat-related site, at least in Europe. It's pitty though they don't have a proper english version...

Maka
December 6, 2005, 7:49 pm
self kill is all meh in german and [CENSORED] though, so I think it would be goood if us American made a friend enlgish version. Its not cause we don't like germany, its just becuase our language is... better. (^:

criddo
December 7, 2005, 10:12 am
There's a site http://mappack-soldat.tk/ which has got one file with more than 400 great maps, and it's updated every few months. I recommend it!

frogboy
December 7, 2005, 10:28 am
quote:Originally posted by MakaI think it would be goood if us American made a friend enlgish version. Its not cause we don't like germany, its just becuase our language is... better. (^:
First of all, English sucks. Second, people outside of America also speak English.

Echo_Trail
December 7, 2005, 10:56 am
WORD!!
well, maybe selfkill.com should just make an all english site!!.. it's brilliant except for the german..

shoover
December 7, 2005, 2:30 pm
Listen, in about a week, ill have www.shoover.net up, thats my page, it has a downloads section, where it will have some soldat CLIMB Maps, and i might have an email where u can send over a map pack etc... i will also have a 600 map pack, etc.. images of me, and BCS Standings Coaches poll etc... visit it once its up, ill post it when its ready.

Your man, shoover

DePhille
December 7, 2005, 3:17 pm
shoover: You got permission from the authors to publish those maps?
You need their permission to index/host it , otherwise everyone could create a mapdownload site and the map authors wouldn't have any copyright anymore.

Grtz , DePhille

shoover
December 8, 2005, 12:32 am
So, im supposed to ask all 600 people to put up my maps? Or are you just trying to woos me out or something. No matter what im making that page.

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2005, 3:02 am
you need to have the permission of the author, yes.. or let them upload their own maps. anyone who writes/codes/makes anything holds a natural copyright over that material, reinforced by international treaty and signed law.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 3:43 am
!OH owned. unfortunatly its true, sorry mate :P other wise every man and his dog would have a map site. on the bright side, if some of those maps have the same author you might only have to contact abvout 566 people :P

shoover
December 8, 2005, 4:32 am
Ok then how is the official author going to do that? we have no way of telling who made these maps, besides the green intro once you go into the map, theres really no way of knowing.

The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 4:44 am
I know what maps are mine. I'd check your site if it was up, simply out of curiosity.

By the way - Are you trying to have that avatar? That link works much better when you use it as a sig..

DePhille
December 8, 2005, 12:24 pm
Yes you'll have to ask all 600 persons.
Or as Flies sais ; make them upload their own maps.

You will need to mention the author in the table if you are indexing your maps too.
Also you'll have to host them on your own host , I'm tracking all my downloads to see wherefrom they get downloaded , if I find out that someone is linking to them without my URL mentioned I take action.

You wouldn't want others to just copy-paste your code and work don't you? ;)

Grtz , DePhille

shoover
December 9, 2005, 12:59 am
...................................................................yes, not to get recognized <sniffs and looks at the flag> BUT TO SHOW MY ALLEGIANCE TO THE COMMUNITY!!!! no matter what credit i recieve, just to see the happy people play the map with awesome comments is the one thing i wish to see <sniff> AMEN!!1