( search forums )
Tips for great pings.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
nfsjunkie91
November 29, 2005, 1:40 am
OK here's the deal. You might play soldat rite now and get a great ping of around 66. or your ping my be upwards of 100. having high pings is not really a great thing for your gameplay, so here are some tips to eliminating high pings.

1. Close any IM software running, such as, but not limited to, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, and Jabber. If u have xfire, you may not choose to close it because you would like your stats tracked.
2. Make sure you are not accidentally running any servers, or downloading anything while playing.
3. If u get lag spikes, it may be the servers fault, or, if u still have a IM software running, even when not logged on, you will get lag spikes, or consistently worse Ping times.
4. Make sure you don't have ppl like my idiotic sister playing games and streaming music at the same time on your router. tell her to stop freeloading and either buy or download the music! My sister plays some online game that pushes me up 50 ms in ping time!
5. Follow the instructions for optimizing your TCP connection, so that you don't have a loss of packets.

My ping used to always hang around 166 until i closed my IM software, then my ping was from 16-33!

6. Never use P2P software while playing online. Your ping times will suck.

And finally, just to let u know, i believe ping is the amount of time in millisecs for the packet to get to the server, and back to you.

Mods, if u deem this worthy, revise and sticky please!

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 5:55 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/faq2.asp?cat=6#FAQid50

A little late.