( search forums )
My maps
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 4:20 am
What do people think of my maps? They seem to go to the bottom of the page in a couple of days with hardly any posts, when I thought they were quite decent (*Cough* Forsaken *Cough*).

Vijchtidoodah
November 29, 2005, 4:22 am
Hmm...perhaps it's time to return to the mapping forums with some constructive criticism.

Cookie.
November 29, 2005, 4:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockWhat do people think of my maps? They seem to go to the bottom of the page in a couple of days with hardly any posts, when I thought they were quite decent (*Cough* Forsaken *Cough*).

People bump their own maps and post [CENSORED] all the time, resulting in your map getting pwned to the bottom! Keep your map at the top by making updates all the time lol!

Anyways the moderator never enforces the rules there anyways, its basically turned into a place for collecting posts in my opinion

Keron Cyst
November 29, 2005, 5:19 am
I compare all maps to official ones. I tend not to post in them, unless they have a unique feature, if they don't live up to at least that quality (there are plenty that surpass it).

vash763
November 29, 2005, 6:11 am
My map got bumped down pretty fast.

I don't complain

just fyi

The Geologist
November 29, 2005, 6:28 am
Personally I think your maps are coming along well. It just takes time and practice. I have many maps that were just spur of the moment ideas that were never finished or released. Let the ideas keep coming, see what works and what doesn't. Hell, look at what other mappers are doing and see if you can step up to the challenge, wether that means texture streaching, multiple textures, custom sceneries, etc...just make your maps unique and they'll stand out. If it helps, I try to think of what would make good gameplay when I'm making the map, and I break into Sodlat to test the map even when it's not fully completed..every step I see necessary.

Soulsnipa
November 29, 2005, 3:17 pm
just make a good map bro and they will come

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 10:29 pm
Egads! Atleast you can bloody make (good) maps! I can't even shade the bloody things!