( search forums )
(moved) 2 Computers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
FredMackay
November 29, 2005, 7:40 am
Hey I was wondering if I was allowed to register my Soldat on both my computers. One's in my office at home on one side of the house and the other is the Laptop.
Seeming as their both only going to be used by me, will I still get banned for registering multiple copies?

Echo_Trail
November 29, 2005, 9:07 am
if you had the same ip, i suppose it would be ok... but i reckon you dont..

Rune
November 29, 2005, 9:18 am
Two computers -> two IPs. But yes, it's alright for you to use it on both.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 10:53 am
Can you register it on a removable hardrive?

FredMackay
November 29, 2005, 10:57 am
so pretty much im allowed to do it as long as the two things dont run at the same time?

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 12:21 pm
You should be able to without trouble...

DePhille
November 29, 2005, 3:42 pm
As long as you don't publish your regfile ofcourse.

Anyway , the only person who an answer this is MM.
BTW: This should definitely be in a FAQ...

Grtz , DePhille

Alamo
November 29, 2005, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusCan you register it on a removable hardrive?

No, you can't. The reg-file is stored in the registry which is located on the partition that your windows is on. You should only 'install' the reg-file on your own computers!

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 5:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamoquote:Originally posted by DezonusCan you register it on a removable hardrive?

No, you can't. The reg-file is stored in the registry which is located on the partition that your windows is on. You should only 'install' the reg-file on your own computers!

Dam. Oh well.

FredMackay
December 1, 2005, 1:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamoquote:Originally posted by DezonusCan you register it on a removable hardrive?

Dude I have my own registry key, and the reg program, seeming as I purchased it and all.
I don't need to copy a registry file.
I AM installing the registered game on my own computers, no-ones coming around to play it online except me. It's my own personal use.
I was just woindering if the server noted my game playing from two IP's wether or not it would have a fit.

Zenga
December 13, 2005, 9:34 pm
^ There are people with dynamic ip addresses, so i don't think that should be a problem. Just don't be lame, don't give your key to anyone!