( search forums )
Whatever happened to Zero72?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Keron Cyst
November 30, 2005, 3:12 am
He hasn't posted since early October. He was 1337, if not a bit MegaMan-obsessed... ;-|

vash763
November 30, 2005, 4:29 am
Ya I know.

On that note, where'd Mr. CrispyMusic go? It hasn't been nearly as long but I just noticed his absence

karmazon
November 30, 2005, 4:30 am
he left but didnt quit

on that note, where did mr. goatse soulsnipe go ?

oh thats right he got banned

The Geologist
November 30, 2005, 4:33 am
My virgin eyekins~!

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 10:43 pm
where did mercym.....i meen silent soldier go

peemonkey
December 1, 2005, 12:01 am
i blame the economy and the irish

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 12:23 am
:P
dang canadians...
j/k

Captain Ben
December 1, 2005, 2:31 am
<TRIBUTED

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 4:38 am

I'm sorry, I let MR. Glublles out of his cage and he ate him :(
[IMAGE]

And he had to eat him too, not HHH or soulsnipa :(

Rambo_6
December 2, 2005, 5:09 am
WHER R ZEOR

frogboy
December 2, 2005, 5:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM
[IMAGE]
Fap fap

karmazon
December 2, 2005, 5:38 am
[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
December 2, 2005, 8:46 am
Lol, look at the lil' willy waggler!

Echo_Trail
December 2, 2005, 10:54 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoowhere did mercym.....i meen silent soldier go

He was banned, correct?
Those darn vegetarians took him away!!.. [CENSORED]s!

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by dascoowhere did mercym.....i meen silent soldier go

He was banned, correct?
Those darn vegetarians took him away!!.. [CENSORED]s!

Yes after many attempts to get him to stop being stupid which failed, he was banned. And I beleive it was an IP ban this time, not sure on that though

STEELIX
December 2, 2005, 10:14 pm
Yeah, Zero was awesome!
He was Australian, though.

frogboy
December 2, 2005, 10:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXHe was Australian, though.
No he wasn't. He was American.

STEELIX
December 2, 2005, 11:15 pm
Um. Ya.

Keron Cyst
December 2, 2005, 11:59 pm
Heh.

numgun
December 4, 2005, 10:34 am
eh? field marshal finally started to like futuristic stuff?!

vash763
December 4, 2005, 11:20 am
I'm still using Zero's Megaman mod, this thing rawks

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 4:38 pm
He was banned?!
quote:Originally said by Darth Vader
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Captain Ben
December 4, 2005, 4:57 pm
Steelix, why all the hate on Australians? If it's a good enough reason, I just might agree.

STEELIX
December 4, 2005, 6:06 pm
I actually think Aussies rock, but don't tell anyone. ;)

Captain Ben
December 4, 2005, 11:22 pm
Good enough. I hate those bloody... yeah, err Austrians!

Zero72
December 5, 2005, 7:37 am
Hey, guess this means I don't have to post a return thread.

I'm back now. Probably, anyway.

The hyper-abridged version of why I was gone: My hard drive died. [semi-coherent rambling] To get a little more into it, I haven't played Soldat in months (and therefore have had less motivation to be on its forum) because all of my Soldat stuff is on my toast hard drive, and I'm planning on taking it to a computer shop, since data can apparently be recovered from hard drives so long as trucks haven't been backed up over them. We'll see. But I didn't want to get the game back until I had all of my maps and bots and mods and everything back, but tonight, I just said "Sod it. MUST. HAVE. SOLDAT." So I figured I'd come back here.[/semi-coherent rambling]

So yeah, I'm glad to hear that I was remembered, and that my best mod is still being enjoyed. Good to see you guys again.

Anything going on I should know about?

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 7:51 am
<3 I love strangers <3

vash763
December 5, 2005, 7:51 am
Yeah, your mod kicks asses.

MonkeyHead79
December 5, 2005, 7:53 am
Sounds like my cue to jump in.

If anyone remembers me at all, it'll probably be as the guy who started off hating the self-binking, said he'd give it a week or so to form an intelligent opinion, and then just vanished. That and I helped Zeor up there get some of the sound effects for the Megaman mod. Whichever you prefer.

Long story short, I could not cope with the self-binking. [semi-intelligent rant] I gave it a chance. It was just too fugging much to adapt to. The overall change to weapons balance I have no quarrel with, nor any of the other changes made. And don't tell me to just use the old weapons settings, I know that's possible. Fact is, as long as the self-binking is still available and on by default, that's what the large majority of the players are going to use, so I'd just be a metaphorical dinosaur, having what fun I could on my little ice floe until it melted around me and I was the only one left. Sorry.

"Get used to it"? Oh sure, I guess that'd be possible. Much as it'd be possible to get used to permanently dislocating a thumb, or losing a leg. It's all fine and well for the newcoming players, but for me it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I was getting bored of the game anyway, hoping the update would rekindle my interest.

The really unfortunate bit is, I keep sorta wanting to come back, but the thought of the self-binking successfully repels me every time. [/rant]

Soldat's still an awesome game, and best of luck those of you who have managed to evolve with it more successfully than I. But I probably won't be coming back at any point in the foreseeable future.

Zero72
December 5, 2005, 8:31 am
And now, having actually gotten a round of Soldat in... Ah, it is good to be back.

STEELIX
December 5, 2005, 12:55 pm
ZEWORRR

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 3:50 pm
WE MISSED YOU.

Zero72
December 6, 2005, 9:22 am
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.

yay

Edit: I'm going to talk about myself some more. Lately I've been putting a fair amount of my life into my job, working from the middle of the afternoon to stupidly early in the morning, which is why I'm now posting on the Soldat Forums at 4:23 AM. While not working my proverbial balls off, I've been playing the proverbial balls off of Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout 3. For the most part. Among others.

Mega Man Zero 4 is pretty good, by the way, excepting the absence of the Guardians.

Captain Ben
December 6, 2005, 9:33 am
Zero, were you ever a fan of the cartoons?
I know I was.

Zero72
December 6, 2005, 9:40 am
Yes, believe it or not. Even though they barely resembled the games at all, they were still good cartoons. I have the first season on DVD.

Protoman was awesome. Too bad he kept getting the shaft.

vash763
December 6, 2005, 8:21 pm
Megaman > any other game

Keron Cyst
December 7, 2005, 1:20 am
MMZ 4's easy compared to the others.

nfsjunkie91
December 7, 2005, 2:46 am
yay zero's back

Zero72
December 7, 2005, 7:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystMMZ 4's easy compared to the others.
A bit of a rocky start, as always, but once you got some exp levels into your elf, yeah, it got a lot easier a lot faster than the others.

Captain Ben
December 7, 2005, 8:30 am
Heh, I'm getting all nostagic now... Time for an EB subquest!

Zero72
December 7, 2005, 9:55 am
For great justice!

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 12:20 pm
yay

lithium
December 8, 2005, 8:13 pm
tv!

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 10:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by Keron CystMMZ 4's easy compared to the others.
A bit of a rocky start, as always, but once you got some exp levels into your elf, yeah, it got a lot easier a lot faster than the others.

The enemy weapon-grabbing fist thingy (forgot what that's called) totally sucks (although the coding itself is pretty nifty) :-P

Zero72
December 9, 2005, 9:19 am
I disagree. I still liked the Chain Rod best, but the Zero Knuckle is quite fun. Especially if you get the big axe. Everybody loves the big axe.