( search forums )
Question about Fraps, Help greatly appreciated
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Swarmer
November 30, 2005, 4:39 am
I installed the latest version of Fraps, but when I try to record a video, I get an Access Violation error (at 6D9EE692) for d3d8.dll. I press enter, and everything is normal again, except the benchmark number disappears. I check my Fraps folder and I did get a video, but it is 6kb and when I try to open it with Windows Media Player, I get the following error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I have no idea what codec it needs.
I tried redownloading d3d8.dll. Apparently I never even had that file (or so Google Desktop Search tells me). I put it in my windows/system folder. It didn't do anything.
I've tried reinstalling Fraps. Nothing happened.
I've had this problem for a while, and I have reformatted my computer since. It has not helped.
I have tried installing Fraps 1.9D. I don't get the error, but my benchmark number turns red for an instant, and returns to yellow. I get a video, but its 2kb, and I have the same error when I try to open it.

I have used Fraps on other games and have had no problems with them.

Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT: Can someone give me a step-by-step instruction on how and where they got and used Fraps? I REALLY need help with this. I would really appreciate any help you could give, and I'll give you credit in my video if it works.

Tybs
December 2, 2005, 9:27 am
I downloaded fraps from www.fraps.com, and everything worked fine... never had problems with it. When was the last time u used fraps successfully?

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 1:46 am
Reinstall fraps, the video codec required to play fraps videos may have been erased/corrupted. Also, make sure you install latest version, and just for the record, you can only record 30 sec vids with unregged version of Fraps.

Tybs
December 3, 2005, 12:38 pm
Glad i have registered version :D

Swarmer
December 3, 2005, 5:33 pm
I've reinstalled it many times. The error has something to do with a missing file of mine, I think. It's probably a missing codec or dll file. I also can't seem to find an installation of the latest DirectX runtime. The one on the Microsoft page is like 300kb and doesnt install anything. Does anyone have a link to it?

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 8:41 pm
Are you computer administrator? I dont know what else to do... heh try getting on another computer....or try using winamp :\ meh, i hate when things dont work...

Swarmer
December 5, 2005, 6:12 pm
Yeah I am... hmm. Does anyone know any other Frap-like programs?

b00stA
December 5, 2005, 7:30 pm
http://taksi.sourceforge.net/

Swarmer
December 7, 2005, 5:23 am
Sweet, that program is just as good and it works. Thanks b00sta. I think I'll make some quickies.