( search forums )
??parameters??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Dusty
November 30, 2005, 7:06 pm
yes,im stupid..what is parameters and how i can use them??im not so good at englis that i could understand that,so tell me how i can use them..

N1nj@
November 30, 2005, 9:51 pm
Commands from a parameter:

These are parameters that can be used when running Soldat.exe:
- Soldat.exe -dedicated (starts a Soldat dedicated server)
- Soldat.exe -start (starts the game without entering the menu)
- Soldat.exe -dedicated -start (runs the dedicated server automaticly)
- Soldat.exe -join IPnumber (port password)(runs the game and connects to IPnumber , port and password are optional; example:Soldat.exe -join 62.93.201.70Soldat.exe -join 127.0.0.1 23073 tikikaka)
- Soldat.exe -demo name (freecam speed notexts extract)(runs the game and plays the demo specified by name. Optional paramaters are: freecam (0/1) - the user can freely change the camera (default 0)speed (0-...%)- how quick the playback will be specified in percents (default 100%)notexts (0/1) - no texts, menus or cursor will be displayed during playback (default 0)extract (0/1) - extracts the demo to BMP files (default 0). Later they can be used to make an AVI file in a program like "Bmp2Avi".The sound can be extracted with a program like "Total Recorder". Please note that this can take time and is not recommended on slower systems. For better results specify lower speed (like 50%).example:Soldat.exe -demo demo12Soldat.exe -demo demo19 1 200 1 0)

- Soldat.exe -mod xxx (starts the game with a Soldat mod located in Soldat\Mods\xxx)

the above is from the soldat manual, basically right click on the soldat shortcuts then go to properties and follow the instructions above depending on what you want to do.