( search forums )
DM Outlander
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Explosives
December 1, 2005, 1:04 am
This is my first map, Outlander. I named it Outlander because it has a very creepy feel, as if wandering through some unknown territory. I think I've gotten all the bugs, odd things, etc worked out. If you find anything you don't think should be there please PM me with details :). Good for 4-6 people maybe. I haven't tested the balance of the TM spawns. This map is unwaypointed.
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
Download here!(Disable pop-up blocker)

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 2:26 am
nice :D

Explosives
December 1, 2005, 2:45 am
Thanks. I have around 6mb of bandwidth left, so the pictures and download probably won't be around alot longer. 24 hours after I go over the limit, they'll be back (blame ripway).

Keron Cyst
December 1, 2005, 2:54 am
Image Shack (no account, URL is private; just upload, copy, & paste)
Photo Bucket (account, but image system is total pwn)

Ripway should be only for files, not images.

I like the colors of the map, if the lower BG isn't a bit too dark. What's all the extra space at the top for? M79-jumping?

Explosives
December 1, 2005, 3:02 am
When me and my friends were testing it, we kept getting blasted into the barrier or hitting it when jetting away, so I made it higher.

Raptor
December 7, 2005, 4:45 am
Cool! I like raining dark maps! :D It would be cool if there were lighnings

Echo_Trail
December 7, 2005, 8:26 am
i like this one! nice and simple!..
ANd the raining part! hell, even the moon looks good!..
This map is awesome..! But you probably shouldn't enter more than 8ppl max:P

OutofOrder
December 8, 2005, 12:29 pm
I hosted this map yesterday, even when my 128k won't let me get over 4 ppl max, yet i wanted to try this out online. It was a rambomatch, and when 3 other players joined, it turned a rather fun game (despite the lag xD ).
The dark visuals are greatly done, it looks like you're actually battling at night (but it's raining AND you can see the moon? xD ). The layout lets the gameplay flow nicely. And Echo_trail is right, if you got about 8 to 10 people , you'd efficiently squeeze the fun out of this map. Nice one!

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 2:06 pm
I like it <3