( search forums )
Soulsnipa
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Stern
December 1, 2005, 4:54 am
Since he got banned from the forums or whatever, he's seemed really depressed. He even deleted soldat from his computer. Don't you think you guys were a little harsh, or did he do something that I don't know about?

peemonkey
December 1, 2005, 4:59 am
good riddence to hidden goatse rubbish

Chakra`
December 1, 2005, 5:26 am
the bashpit and lounge is the last place to look for sympathy, attention, friendship or 'upbeat frolicking', luv. Troll-or-die.

....place'd probably be healthier without these sections come to think of it.

Cookie.
December 1, 2005, 5:28 am
quote:Originally posted by SternSince he got banned from the forums or whatever, he's seemed really depressed. He even deleted soldat from his computer. Don't you think you guys were a little harsh, or did he do something that I don't know about?

I don't think he was permabanned? I thought he just became a muppet and couldnt get a postcount

karmazon
December 1, 2005, 5:54 am
I think he did get banned, don't you get a -1 postcount when you're banned ?

and this place would suck so hard if there wasnt lounge or bashpit, all it'd be is a discussion about a game, how much can you [CENSORED]ing talk about one game until you become a nerd, and how serious can you take a game before realizing you're a huge fat nerd

Chakra`
December 1, 2005, 6:01 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazon and how serious can you take a game before realizing you're a huge fat nerd

bit rich after seeing you in u13 a few nights ago ¬_¬

you whined at your team like a little polish girl.

Captain Ben
December 1, 2005, 6:01 am
Jesus, tell him to join a free Ipod forum!

FliesLikeABrick
December 1, 2005, 6:15 am
I think that i'm likely to vouch for him being unbanned, esp after speaking to him on AIM.

Most of you guys haven't been around long enough to appreciate any of the stuff he has done. Look through the forums and old threads, see how much he helped people with mapping stuff. Back when SML was at its peak, his site provided aid and resources to many mappers, and produced some awesome maps.

He was working on reviving SML, and I'm still supporting him in doing so (especially since it is mostly my fault that it died in the first place).

Open up a bit guys. Sure he posted a bunch of useless crap in here, but I think if he was to come back, he would find his niche again and help everyone out in one way or another.

edit: flame me if you want, but anyone who knows anything about me or my ways of doing/supporting things wouldn't :x

peemonkey
December 1, 2005, 6:36 am
he was being a [CENSORED]. sure, he's done a few good things, but for the most pat and especially towards the end here he's been being a little frigging kid, just because he may have been ok at some point isnt a excuse for posting goatse and whathaveyou. not flamin ya brick, just a retort ;)

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 6:38 am
eh he wasnt too bad, maybe just a quick lesson on what is socialy acceptable and what isnt is all he needed

Captain Ben
December 1, 2005, 7:12 am
Taal, I'm sure he would have noticed there were boundaries somewhere between now and 2003...

Echo_Trail
December 1, 2005, 7:30 am
If he got a depression just because he was kicked off the forums, maybe it was about time he quit anyway!

The Geologist
December 1, 2005, 8:40 am
I agree to the extent that it's hard to draw the line between the good things he's done and the bad things he's done. I know what he's done for this game, and I very much like and appreciate the push for SML. What I don't agree with is his attitude, the referal link b.s., and the whole goatse fiasco. Is he even banned? If so, I'm not opposed to his unbanning, yet I doubt it would help anything. He'd come back all butthurt about the situation, harping about how "everyone hates me because of the past", and then the cycle continues. We had a few PMs after the first round of referal links and trash talk, and things were cool. I can see why he'd be angry about people messing with his avatar, but posting a picture like that, this whole "they don't care so I won't either" talk...unacceptable, even as an attempt to lash out in retaliation.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 1, 2005, 9:25 am
As a member of SML, I can safely say that even though he had a vision, he was no leader to execute them. Often times he would "ask" us to do something, pretty much to the point of "If you don't do it, I'll threathen to boot you from SML" kinda thing. It was until Elephant got fed up with his meddling of the website that caused Elephant to stage it's overthrow.
Soul then further drove himself inwards by attempting to undermine SML, by deleting all of the webpages that they had made over the course of SML. It is this that proved to me his immaturity and lack of leadership.
Now, with his attempt to revive SML, I can say that it goes both ways. At first I was supportive of it. But however, after talking to him on AIM, his attitude havn't changed a bit, and I doubt his success.

papasurf31
December 1, 2005, 11:38 am
Well, I haven't been around as long as some of you, so you'd be right in saying that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the full extent of how he's helped out the community. I guess I'll go with FLAB on this one. He just came back and trolled a bit, but if he can change, I don't see why we don't give him a second chance. We gave mickle and paramud so much time, at least we should do the same for him.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 12:17 pm
He already had enough chances, in my honest opinion.

And he is banned.

Captain Ben
December 1, 2005, 1:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31We gave mickle and paramud so much time, at least we should do the same for him.

But Mickle nor Paramud putt up pictures of people tearing open their anuses, nor make abhorrently redundant referal links.

karmazon
December 1, 2005, 3:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`[quote]Originally posted by karmazon

bit rich after seeing you in u13 a few nights ago ¬_¬

you whined at your team like a little polish girl.

Oh yeah mister I also vote kicked people for killing me and cussing and overused my taunts, oh yeah I was serious(or maybe thats what you think)

And captain ben is completely right

FliesLikeABrick
December 1, 2005, 3:20 pm
all i'm saying is give him another chance, and if he posts more lame referral links or inappropriate content, go ahead and break out the banhammer and i'll have nothing to say

Keron Cyst
December 1, 2005, 3:48 pm
He doesn't seem to act like this normally when I sometimes have AIM chats wit' him. I think some posts at these forums just tend to set him alight, so if he can just be slower to anger everything should be all right.

n00bface
December 1, 2005, 4:24 pm
no, don't unban him. if it takes him being banned to settle down, then he should stay banned for eternities!!!!!!

December 1, 2005, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`....place'd probably be healthier without these sections come to think of it.

But then all this diarrhea would be posted in the serious discussion forums

FliesLikeABrick
December 1, 2005, 5:45 pm
not if we stopped letting people get away with posting garbage in the serious discussion forums. there's too much flaming and crap that goes on in there normally.

personally i'd be all for removing the bash pit and moderating the lounge more heavily

papasurf31
December 1, 2005, 6:34 pm
No, we need a place like the bash-pit where we can vent our pent up frustration on the unwary and undeserving. The lounge is more like civilized forums where people talk about random, non-soldat related topics. Combining them and/or getting rid of one would only serve to overflow the other with posts and topics that don't belong.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 7:25 pm
I agree, let's not make the forums
so horribly strict by deleting the bash pit,
or heavily moderating the lounge,
after all, soldat isn't everything.

karmazon
December 1, 2005, 8:52 pm
Yeah and if you don't like bashpit, then just don't go there, there's your solution bashpit haters

Captain Ben
December 2, 2005, 2:25 am
^So true^

If anything, Soulsnipa should just start a new account and start from the ground up there.

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 4:20 am
I think he should burn. Goatse is unforgivable.

m00`
December 2, 2005, 4:32 am
wtf is the big deal? you have seen goatse before seeing it once more isnt going to kill you

reckon
December 2, 2005, 4:35 am
Kill me?
More like thrill me.

Cookie.
December 2, 2005, 8:46 am
hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me :)

Veritas
December 2, 2005, 8:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me :)

Not their best tune, but still good.

b00stA
December 2, 2005, 5:45 pm
His ban will expire 09 Dec 2005.

Keron Cyst
December 2, 2005, 7:00 pm
Does he know that? Some forums tell plainly "You have been banned from this forum!" even when it's just a temporary suspension.

b00stA
December 3, 2005, 7:21 pm
Nope, he doesn't know.

karmazon
December 3, 2005, 7:23 pm
hell yeah