( search forums )
Chainsaw transformation
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 12:09 pm
Just wondering, how much you can do to the chainsaw? Could you turn into something like a lightning gun or tesla claw?

numgun
December 1, 2005, 1:15 pm
hmmm... what exactly are u thinking of?
u mean how much can u change the range of the chainsaw?

SPARTAN_III
December 1, 2005, 2:33 pm
the chainsaw will create damage at a fixed point relative to the crosshair position, and nothing closer or further. i THINK modifyig the speed can change the position of that point.

peemonkey
December 1, 2005, 5:17 pm
it can. it'd be much cooler if the damage was done from the soldat to the end via speed, but it's just coded differently, no?

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 5:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyit can. it'd be much cooler if the damage was done from the soldat to the end via speed, but it's just coded differently, no?

Say again?

ZerO.Kitchen
December 1, 2005, 6:42 pm
the animation is easy to modify. .. ( i added a blood effect )

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 8:58 pm
What about a startup time?

Keron Cyst
December 1, 2005, 11:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIthe chainsaw will create damage at a fixed point relative to the crosshair position, and nothing closer or further. i THINK modifyig the speed can change the position of that point.

Aw, it's not an instantaneous laser that emits from the gun and stops at the fixed point? ;-( Thar goes my idea...

karmazon
December 2, 2005, 12:03 am
It'd be cool to make it so the damage extends from the chainsaw to the crosshair, then tesla gun would be possible to make

December 2, 2005, 7:58 am
Well, Ivan made a cool flamer for it...
i made my ragdoll cannon thingy...

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 11:39 am
Something like a lightning bolt, that keeps going.

m00`
December 2, 2005, 12:39 pm
you can make a medkit

ZerO.Kitchen
December 2, 2005, 7:06 pm
??? how

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 9:41 pm
-damage.
Answers to my question?

numgun
December 4, 2005, 10:30 am
hmm... maybe this:
-alot speed
-reload 0

Algernon
December 14, 2005, 2:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonIt'd be cool to make it so the damage extends from the chainsaw to the crosshair, then tesla gun would be possible to make

set your bullet speed to an extremely high value and you got it. the only 'problem' is that it can also shoot through walls.