( search forums )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
The @venger
December 1, 2005, 8:55 pm
Ok, so here's the very short and very happy storey: i bought a new computer, the price was 5 1/2 thousand nok (norwegian money)
the computer was SUPPOSED to have a 3,o ghz processor, but some dimwit, or very nice person in the shop put in the wrong processor, now i have a double- core 6 ghz processor, other parts will be upgraded later.. Yeeeeehaw! :D :D :D :D

karmazon
December 1, 2005, 9:00 pm
freakin sweet!

?
December 1, 2005, 9:17 pm
I bought my computer on tax free day! WOOHOO!!!

Michal
December 1, 2005, 9:26 pm
Wow, lucky!
I remember a thread from about a year ago where someone bought an LCD monitor, when they opened the box there was a brick and plank of wood inside :P

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 9:30 pm
I think that was Flies, but he might have been telling the story of what happened to someone else. And it involved Best Buy, I remember that much.

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 12:05 am
When I ordered my computer from DELL. (lol) The delivery guy came and gave us 2 boxes. One was my computer and the other was a diff comp that only had 200 something mhz i think. And It had a dvd burner ='( But my dad found out and took it back.. >:(

I couldve kept it if I wanted too right?

karmazon
December 2, 2005, 12:19 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderWhen I ordered my computer from DELL. (lol) The delivery guy came and gave us 2 boxes. One was my computer and the other was a diff comp that only had 200 something mhz i think. And It had a dvd burner ='( But my dad found out and took it back.. >:(

I couldve kept it if I wanted too right?

yeah, i heard about a guy who ordered something inexpensive, and in the box he found whatever he ordered and new ipod nano, but his mom called to return it, and the guy from the company was like "you stupid lady, you could've keep it" and the guy cried

The Geologist
December 2, 2005, 1:17 am
I bet you were pretty pssed at your mom for that.

Sweet score you lucky [CENSORED].

Captain Ben
December 2, 2005, 2:21 am
Heh. I'm too poor to even attempt something like that.

EDIT: Have fun, bet remember: RUN LIKE THE WIND WHEN THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT TURNS UP!

b00stA
December 2, 2005, 5:41 pm
Haha, you actually got what you ordered.

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz with HT, amirite?

n00bface
December 2, 2005, 6:40 pm
Ya lol, no such thing as a 6 GHz intel processor.

Veritas
December 2, 2005, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceYa lol, no such thing as a 6 GHz intel processor.

"double- core" = Two processors hooked up together giving you twice the power.

And there are actually a few 6ghz intel processors, but that's after some crazy n3rds overclock them and use liquid nitrogen for cooling.

frogboy
December 2, 2005, 10:10 pm
The dual-core processors still run at the frequency of one processor though. It simply increases the amount of instructions that can be processed in one clock cycle.

Veritas
December 3, 2005, 2:30 am
Ohkay, I thought it doubled the power, but now I know better.

Captain Ben
December 3, 2005, 3:51 am
Doesn't the PS3 have 9.2ghz or something?