( search forums )
jumpimg bug map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
~SnipeR~
December 2, 2005, 2:21 pm
Well... i have an idea of making good jumping bug map.Its like a map with jump-pads, based on jump bug in soldat. I saw one sometime, cant find it anywhere through. Please, if u have ideas where to find such map, or u just know how this bug works, post ideas in this topic. The map itself is preferable;). If i will know the way its workin, ill do one fine map:)

Echo_Trail
December 2, 2005, 2:59 pm
In map Cambodia, this bug occures at bravo spawn point..
There is this cut into the cliff on the left side og spawn! when running into it, you will be shot towards the opposite wall...
Don't know crap about how it works though...

Veritas
December 2, 2005, 5:38 pm
Ever played ctf_wizard? I suggest you do.

~SnipeR~
December 2, 2005, 5:47 pm
i think i almost managed to understood how it works, but more material would be great.
where are u sayin i could download ctf_wisard ?

Cookie.
December 2, 2005, 6:24 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24169

My map ABOMB? :P That one exploited the teleport bug to teh extreeeeeme!
There are also 2 teleporter maps in that link.. enjoy

Basically the way it is achieved is by placing lots of polygons on top of eachother... over 200 and it gets funky :P

To attempt to do it I recommend using Map Maker Plus, or the official map maker. If you use Polyworks I'm not sure this effect can be achieved

Keron Cyst
December 2, 2005, 6:56 pm
Yep. Copy and paste the same polygon over itself many, many times and it eventually becomes bouncy. Don't ask why oO'

~SnipeR~
December 2, 2005, 9:11 pm
ohhhhh, im gonna be sick now... too much teleporting and jumping ;)
by the way, did somebody tryed to get realistic on ??? how, do u think, many seconds u will live if u get jumped/teleported ? 8). it is not the only problem, those jumppads arent stable enough, they are shooting u in different angles.
i will very apreciate if somebody could say how to "stabylize" them

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 10:57 pm
I remember making a map where 2 soldats slide down a giant slide, and are launched at eachother over a pit of giant spikes. 2 soldats fly over, 1 falls dead. :F

To "stablize" them, its simple. Heres some tips.

- The more polys overlapping eachother the more the effect of the bounce.
- The angle of the poly's affect how the soldat is launched, this also includes the angle which the soldat approaches the poly.
----- If its on flat ground, the soldat will launch straight up into the air as he walks on
it,usually sending him in an arch if hes walking forward.
----- If its angled, it will launch the soldat directly forward, or at an angle some what
straight, depending on the angle of the surrounding poly's leading up to it and the angle
which the poly is facing.

Thats basicly all there is to it to my knowledge, if im incorrect, correct me. :F

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 11:06 pm
mkae a short tunnel :P

Norris Scott
December 3, 2005, 12:06 am
Someone needs to make a trampoline map, where little tiny soldats fight on a large trampoline DM style XD

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 3:01 am
you've inspired me :D

j/k :P

~SnipeR~
December 6, 2005, 8:51 pm
okay, i have finally done it. Ultimate ctf teleporter-jump map ;)
please visit link to know more:[URL]