( search forums )
LAW and Knife.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Antifate
December 2, 2005, 11:18 pm
Hey guys, I'm here to ask you something. Which do you think is more effective in a "firefight" as in a tough battle between you and another guy, grenades and bullets flying. I am good at the LAW by sometimes I get obliterated before I can manage to fire the missile, since it needs a second or two to actually start up.

Kaider
December 2, 2005, 11:29 pm
It depends on your skill level in each. For instance, I could go as easily to knife as i could with SOCOM.

XenocidE
December 3, 2005, 12:34 am
Just like Kaider said. It really all depends on your skill level. I love using the Knife just becuase I move quickly when in fire and try to get close to the enemy so my knife has a good chance of killing. Since with the Knife it depends on how much power you throw it with depends on if it will kill or not.

Both weapons have their disadvantages and advantages. In larger open areas sometimes the LAW isn't as good because you have to croutch on the ground to fire. If your good with teh LAW, then I recommend keeping with the LAW and using it to every advantage you can get with it.

Captain Ben
December 3, 2005, 1:36 am
Since 1.2, I've always been using the knife, but I can safely say that the law is better at long range, and especially when you're under an opponent.

Koon
December 3, 2005, 1:51 am
knife is better for attacking, since it can easily be used while moving.

Chakra`
December 3, 2005, 2:17 am
I ain't that awesome a player as most out there, but I stopped using the knife in 1.3.

Back in 1.2.1, it was handy having that bit of 'sparring backup' when up against those deadly autos, but now? I just find it too useful. In fact I find most people using it, getting too used to it, and then being or becoming below-average on their ability to hit [CENSORED] with their primary. People rely on it far too much to get by.

But, to answer the question? Knife.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 4:40 am
In a firefight, knife.
Think about it.
Unless you PLAN on using the LAW in the middle of a firefight, you're going to be on the ground- a sitting duck for nades.
The knife is alot more less predictable.

Swarmer
December 3, 2005, 4:59 am
The answer is chainsaw.

Chainsaw completely owns in 1v1 against M79ers.

But if its just between knife and LAW, I'd say knife. It's a lot more reliable than the LAW, which malfunctions at the slightest bit of lag.

Snipedmyself
December 3, 2005, 5:06 am
The punisher-

"
-What kinda idiot brings a knife to a gun fight?
--*Punisher shoots knife into guys' throat*
-*guy falls to ground and gets car stolen

"

knife. get real close and poke!

but this depends on what kind of player you are. if you sprint across the map like me and xenocide there. the area also is a factor. a negative about the law is you must be on the ground for atleast two seconds and by then #9787; may have already nade spammed you...

XAVALOONX
December 3, 2005, 6:29 am
It does depend on skill and on how big the map is. On a small map i would always use knife. On a small the law and knife. also usually when im sniping i have knife so while i reload i have a back up and when i have a auto i use law smtimes because i have long and short range.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 8:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenSince 1.2, I've always been using the knife, but I can safely say that the law is better at long range, and especially when you're under an opponent.

Hahah , very funny :) No offence. Did u ever try to be above some1 with law ??? How u will kill him then ? xD

Personaly I like knife more.
But with Law "mortar" shoot u can kill some1 on blind shot. +with law u can take down more than one on one shot. But that reload balance it. :)

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 3, 2005, 8:53 am
O i like the knife and its better...but ever now and again i love to use the law it hilarious with the curve.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 10:03 am
To me the knife is better because it can have a slightly long range and of course, its a one hit kill, most of the time.

lieroguy
December 3, 2005, 10:40 am
The LAW's deleayed shot just ruins everything. I make a point to NEVER select it anymore.

mar77a
December 3, 2005, 11:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Dairyquote:Originally posted by Captain BenSince 1.2, I've always been using the knife, but I can safely say that the law is better at long range, and especially when you're under an opponent.

Hahah , very funny :) No offence. Did u ever try to be above some1 with law ??? How u will kill him then ? xD

For example, from the top of ctf_Maya.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 12:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aquote:Originally posted by Dairyquote:Originally posted by Captain BenSince 1.2, I've always been using the knife, but I can safely say that the law is better at long range, and especially when you're under an opponent.

Well , ye u are right , but I understood it directly under :)
So im sorry :|

metal123
December 3, 2005, 2:10 pm
I go with liero guy. The delayed shot againsed an opponent will get you killed in no time. And you also have to crouch to use it, since you cant move your a sitting duck to all kinds of fire.

Knifes + barrets are pretty good. Once you shoot and happen to be close to eachother just switch guns and shrow the knife at him and its pretty accurate too.

But on a BIG map I would choose a LAW and blindly shoot it and see if someone dies, or ofcourse camp and wait for the guy to come around hte corner and BAM hes dead.
My weapon: probely the knife

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 9:40 pm
The old LAW was awesome, mid battle you change weapons, crouch FIRE. They die. 1.3 version sucks, thats why everybody changes it.

edak
December 4, 2005, 4:45 am
Knife pwns Law, that's all you need to say..

GAMEOVER
December 4, 2005, 5:21 am
knife is so overused id stick with socom.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 6:32 am
Spas + Law = Awesomeness! 1!

Leiroguy has a stick up his ass. No offense or anything ;)
Seriously, it can kill a guy pretty quick and at long(ish) range too. the delay is what, 0.3 seconds?
As long as you hit the deck quick enough when an enemy appears you can take him out before he has a chance to use his knife or gun. And have your primary out to take on anyone else who comes along.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 6:33 am
I'm perfectly fine with the LAW's delay... but the other bugs just piss me off, and made me not want to use it anymore. For instance, many places on maps don't let you stand still correctly. So when you crouch and hold fire, it either takes over a second to fire or it doesn't fire. And also when you hover down, you bounce back up from the ground making you unable to fire it.

vash763
December 4, 2005, 7:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Dairyquote:Originally posted by mar77aquote:Originally posted by Dairyquote:Originally posted by Captain BenSince 1.2, I've always been using the knife, but I can safely say that the law is better at long range, and especially when you're under an opponent.

Well , ye u are right , but I understood it directly under :)
So im sorry :|

Uhm bridge on inf_outpost?