( search forums )
Personal Soldat Jargon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swarmer
December 2, 2005, 11:55 pm
We all know terms like "barrettard" and "EFC" and "FFC".
What terms do you personally use in Soldat?

For example, on ctf_kampf, I call the alpha flag capture point the "nade dumpster". There's nothing quite like seeing a bravo member jump in there and be followed by 24 nades. You see him cling desperately to the ceiling, as explosions fill his screen.

By the way, where did the term "Barrettard" originate?

lieroguy
December 2, 2005, 11:58 pm
ctf_kampf is one of the worst maps, for that reason. Alpha team seems to have a disadvantage, though both end up having those dugout bases that are attractive to grenades.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 12:10 am
holy barretards batman! :o
and-
lions, tigers and barretards, OH MY!

:P

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 12:11 am
I personally believe the most interesting and unique term in soldat is "The Pit" of ctf_Voland. Didnt you notice you probably started saying pit after a few weeks of playing :S.

Jap_man
December 3, 2005, 12:20 am
I am almost certain that "barrettard" was an insult created by Chakra a year or two ago.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 12:49 am
I shall strike down upon thee with great barrettards and furious
anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

:P

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 1:17 am
barretard is easy to figure out, it is just a conjunction of the words "Barrett" and "Retard". they take teh "bar-" and the "-retard", and voila! Barretard! :P

Chakra`
December 3, 2005, 1:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Jap_manI am almost certain that "barrettard" was an insult created by Chakra a year or two ago.

A common conception. Back then I was thoroughly active in the barret-hate side of things, but it was my good buddy and clan leader n2j3 (currently serving his army in greece for another 5 months) that thought up the phrase. It was just me that was first seen as using it, as n2j3 wasn't as 'social' as I.

Algernon
December 3, 2005, 1:59 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyctf_kampf is one of the worst maps, for that reason. Alpha team seems to have a disadvantage, though both end up having those dugout bases that are attractive to grenades.

kampf's a great map for that reason. although i think it is alpha team that?s has geographic advantage. alpha has easy access to the top route and that top route lets them drop down onto blue base unchallenged. i love playing that map. it's a pretty fast paced map and if you have any evading skills you will no problems capturing the flag. bravo is at a disadvantage but if there are able to secure the top route and they can refrain from base camping then they can win, easily. capturing the top route is an objective all it itself.

just to reiterate. objective based gameplay = fun

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 3, 2005, 8:57 am
Tons of nades = funny
Kampf is great sure no one ever scores in CW but hey it real fun.
Barrettard who knows but im sure they weren't using it when i first started playin(when was that?hmmm..v1.1.4 ithink)

metal123
December 3, 2005, 2:14 pm
MY favorite one is "LOL" because everything in soldat is funny. expecialy the nadedumpsters...

Karvinen
December 3, 2005, 3:02 pm
minidiot = minigun idiot

SamueL
December 3, 2005, 4:04 pm
What the hell are you?

I am the law!

Captain Ben
December 3, 2005, 4:14 pm
I call the middle of Cherenobyl 'no man's land.' I have no idea at how that came around, though.

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
December 3, 2005, 8:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by PoopI personally believe the most interesting and unique term in soldat is "The Pit" of ctf_Voland. Didnt you notice you probably started saying pit after a few weeks of playing :S.

there is a "Pit" in inf_Outpost too. i think "Pit" can refer to any sunken area with a deadly floor

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 3, 2005, 8:13 pm
dunno i say [CENSORED] off often

Keron Cyst
December 3, 2005, 9:50 pm
I don't say anything. I play with bots. They pwn.

metal123
December 4, 2005, 1:22 am
Bots have no personality and are not enough like human players :)
~Back on topic~

Saint-Cross
December 4, 2005, 2:30 am
quote:Originally posted by -DoA-Pero-SLO-dunno i say [CENSORED] off often

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 6:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Karvinenminidiot = minigun idiot

Ahh, its you karv. How far's the stick up today?
I don't usually use "barretard" much because I reserve the right to use it myself xD
The phrase I hear most is "OMG Mininoob". Seriously, people actually say that. Even after I own them 3 times in a row with a minigun they still use it.
Gah, some people...

xtishereb
December 5, 2005, 1:17 am
I use "barretted" a lot when I get camped.

Though sometimes it's my fault for going in the same place all the time. No more listening to my teammate in RS mode and going first.

I also use qwn instead of pwn or own sometimes. It's fun.