( search forums )
DM Arena - Revisited By Nfsjunkie91 & Semagae
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 3:55 pm
I started this late last night, as a little side project because i had nothing else to do. :P Basically, I recolored and cleaned up the arena a little bit, and then semagae came in and stretched the textures a little bit, and added a little colorization of his own.

And here is what we came up with:
[IMAGE]

and here is the download link:[URL]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2005, 4:11 pm
In my opinion, the normal colors looked better.

Flying_Dutchman
December 3, 2005, 4:16 pm
Its... dark

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 5:01 pm
thats what i said, could be lighter nfs :P

The Geologist
December 3, 2005, 6:30 pm
The contrast doesn't work well..things seem too unbalanced with those large blocks of color. Meh...nice concept, but it's not catching my eye as anything special yet.

Keron Cyst
December 3, 2005, 8:11 pm
The western side is pitch-black on my monitor...

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 8:34 pm
hmm, guess my monitor is pretty light then, and i also noticed, for some reason, the waypoints all went away.

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 9:16 pm
A nice try, but it's not really varied enough with those big blocks of color, like Geologist has said, and it is indeed too dark. Arena is sort of the quintessential generic DM map; it's very balanced both aesthetically and gameplay-wise, with no one look/feel or weapon having dominance. Your rendition would look much nicer if you lightened some areas up, to create a balance that reflects that. In this respect, I'm glad you didn't add any additional sceneries, though--the general lack of it is part of what makes Arena aesthetically balanced, as sceneries usually work towards making the map feel like a specific location, such as a warehouse or jungle--something that is quite destructive to the look of a map that is (in my eyes, anyway) to appear as blatantly generic as possible.

A valiant effort, nonetheless.

papasurf31
December 3, 2005, 9:56 pm
Good idea, just executed poorly. Although the shading is pretty good, your choice of colors for polygons and background is way too dark, especially with the support sceneries remaining the same color. If you had darkened up the sceneries a little more, this would look much better.

godsmack
December 4, 2005, 6:21 pm
its very dark

Echo_Trail
December 5, 2005, 2:47 pm
it's pretty micheal meyers..