( search forums )
Prone Roll
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chaos Controll
December 3, 2005, 7:49 pm
Just a little thing to make going prone a little more profitable. I think when you are prone you should be able to roll out of it, to quickly dodge a shot coming at you, or just to get up quickly. I find it annoying that it takes so long to 'unprone'

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 12:01 am
That's what you get for proning, then. Besides, you can't roll out of a prone in real life (well, you can but it's really hard) :-P

Swarmer
December 4, 2005, 1:28 am
I think it's a great idea. I hate when I'm prone-flying and I hit the ground before I can get out of it. Then I'm stuck for a half second and I die.

You can roll out of a prone in real life if you roll sideways. But I dunno how you would model that in Soldat, seeing how we're missing the 3rd dimension.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 1:32 am
sicne it is Soldat and not that realistic as it is, with players respawning and all that fun stuff, why not let the player roll frontwards. Only frontwards, cause I'm sure if you tried it in real life, it may be hard, but you could probably do it on a regular bassis if you kept at it. I don't think it would be good to let your player be able to roll backwards, that would just be humanily impossible. But a forward roll would help out alot.

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 2:16 am
@Swarmer: why don't you just unprone before you hit the ground in the first place?

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 3:03 am
Sure! Let's just let campers have another advantage!

Saint-Cross
December 4, 2005, 3:50 am
You can roll out of prone in real life, but you can't show that on a side-scrolling game :P

numgun
December 4, 2005, 12:19 pm
hmm... good idea:
1.prone
2. press forward + crouch to un prone with rolling affect

person
December 4, 2005, 2:21 pm
I don't think there's a problem at all. I usually just quickly move my aim to the opposite side... by that time I'm usually free to move.

Tybs
December 4, 2005, 3:14 pm
With only that problem ur whole screen gets twisted, and u suddenly dont see the enemy in RM anymore... :P. I think the idea is very nice. And its not that much of an advantage to campers... they usually zoom with their barret as much as possible and dont even notice u coming up and shoot them. I see this as a good extra feature.

- Tek -
December 5, 2005, 12:02 am
I'd rather they take out the prone glitch that happens when you are reloading in prone, and you cant get up again without throwing yoru aim behind you. It also happens with the knife, when you are holding fire.

Basically all it does, is when you press x againt, its loops the "proning" animation and you end up seeing yoru guy skipp a few frames and laying down again.

Yuth
December 5, 2005, 3:57 am
I would say if you prone, you should be able to roll forwards as well.
As for when you are proning, I would also like that when you are lying down...

That when you move your cursor upwards, the soldier will still be proning, but aiming on his back.
And while the soldier is on the back he can roll backwards as well as the forward roll.