( search forums )
Just Another Barret Idea.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Antifate
December 3, 2005, 9:58 pm
I know, I know, not another one! I was thinking about barrets. I HATE barrets because so many people use them. I have an idea to steer all but the skilled players from the barrets.

1. Slow speed inbetween shots.

Too many times you see a barret simply "run through" someone, barreling through them without the slightest pause, this also occurs with the m79, but not as bad since m79s have lesser range. This is to encourage sniping and not running as much, like a true sniper.

2. Less scope.

By being prone, you can pretty much see about 1/4 of the map, sucessfully covering it. This is unfair, I mean getting shot a mile away from where the sniper was is uncool. Decrease this slightly.

3. Only 6 bullets.

This is not that important, but the barret reload IS pretty long, and hardened barret users will feel the pain when they camp, as they cannot shoot for a good 10 seconds or so. This is to rid people who only camp.

I feel I nerfed it a little too much, eh, what are your thoughts?

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 12:00 am
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=29394

It's supposed to be realistic, so I don't think the ammo counter will change.

Michal
December 4, 2005, 12:47 am
1.This would make using the weapon very tedious, I think almost no-one would use it.
2.This encourages 'assault snipers' which is the main problem with the barrett.
3.Not realistic, real barett has 10 rd. mag.

Don't worry, I think barrett issues have been resolved for the next version ;]

karmazon
December 4, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal1.This would make using the weapon very tedious, I think almost no-one would use it.

good

numgun
December 4, 2005, 10:20 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonquote:Originally posted by Michal1.This would make using the weapon very tedious, I think almost no-one would use it.

good

Bad

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 11:45 am
Hmm, somehow I've got a feeling that numgun's a sworn barretard.

Oh, and these ideas suck.

numgun
December 4, 2005, 12:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by FluffyHmm, somehow I've got a feeling that numgun's a sworn barretard.

yes, but u could leave that ''-tard'' out tho... -__-

vash763
December 4, 2005, 12:43 pm
I never use the Barret.

#1 Contradicts #3

And with number #2, isn't the American Military's rifle accurate at like 2 miles away

Tybs
December 4, 2005, 3:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunquote:Originally posted by FluffyHmm, somehow I've got a feeling that numgun's a sworn barretard.

yes, but u could leave that ''-tard'' out tho... -__-

Barretard - tard = ...

What on earth is a barre? :P

Antifate
December 4, 2005, 8:31 pm
It's a German guy trying to say "bear"?