( search forums )
The infernal machine! (moved by me)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 11:30 pm
Hello y'all happy flamers. I posted this at the game improvement forum. But someone (a mod remaing secret) told me how unnecessary it would be to let this topic exist at all, since michal already said that there will never be any vehicles. But it took me some minutes to write it all down, so i decided to post it anyway. i have not edited it.

PS. the vehicle suggestion is listed in that thread now =) I guess i achieved something then.

"Yeah, I'm sure there has been suggestions about vehicles before, but no kinds of them were listed anyhow. I'm getting a little bored of Soldat, and I think there should be some kind of creative way to give it another meaning. Note: I say what i imagine, without thinking about what is possible or not! Please take your time and read my essay...

I'm imagining a biiig vehicle, like a monster car with nasty nasty weels and maybe some kind of cool turrets. The fun with this would be that one team would manage this so-called car (being and seeing inside of it) whilst the opposing teams objective is to stop this machine before it reaches a certain point of the map.

As i stated before, I dont know how this would be possible with the engine provided in Soldat. The hard part is to not make this a LAW/Grenade/Minigun-fest. It wouldn't be that hard to destroy the vehicle, and it would be kinda annoying somehow i guess.. :P And still: How to not make it too easy for the guys inside the vehicle to kill the other team. (?) But do these two factors "neutralize" each other?

I think that different kinds of hills and obstacles would be a fine thing, it would spice it up. Adding specific fuel and specific ammo amount (to the turrets) would also make it more interesting.

The question is, since this is a 2D game, shouldn't everybody that gets to close to the bumpers of the vehicle naturally get crushed? (so as to being pressed between the othe ground and the car, becoming totally pancaked or just very injured :P) Being able to jump up on the vehicle and on the roof would be kinda stealthy tho ^^
This could surely be different between different cars. Eg. a fast car does not maybe have the same protection (as in bloodcovered, scary-looking spikes on the whole front of it ^-^) as a slower, yet vicious machine =D My ideas are about to flow over =) now your turn.

thoughts please! And i want new views, no damn annoying s scorning the whole thing. If it's impossible with this Soldat then that's one thing, if you think it's a bad idea, that's another thing. I'm not gonna waste any more of your time making you read what I dont wanna hear =) Give me views, tell us ideas!"

FliesLikeABrick
December 3, 2005, 11:35 pm
the anonymous mod was me, I deleted the suggestion because it is pretty much against the rules to suggest vehicles in threads there. It used to be posted in Hitman's sticky that vehicle threads weren't allowed, but that thread has since disappeared. Anyway, he decided to repost it since he still wants feedback on the idea. No comment from me.

karmazon
December 3, 2005, 11:38 pm
delete this thread

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 11:54 pm
thx brick. so it's the feedback, karmazon. if you only want it to be deleted then dont post anything. we already know that vehicle threads are illegal.

karmazon
December 4, 2005, 12:05 am
delete this, pritty please

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 2:26 am

THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANY VEHICLES!

Take a god damn hint!

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 3:21 am
havent you heard about the new tanks/helicoptor in 1.3.1?

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 3:27 am
Like get the new patch at m00net duuuuuuuuude.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 12:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe

Take a god damn hint!

Yeah, i know that. Maybe you didn't read the whole thing to figure that out?

?
December 4, 2005, 7:12 pm
fury h just so you will know, most everyone is not gonna read your post if you start out talking about vehicles, then again I don't read posts longer then 2 paragraphs anyway...

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 3:57 pm
yep, That i figured... and i presume that it was unnescessary of me to repost it

lithium
December 9, 2005, 8:09 pm
RHYES OF VHEIIICLLLEZZ