( search forums )
Cencors
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 11:44 pm
Well at first when I started playing Solday back in version 1.1, there was hardly anyone talking. Just plain old action. I liked it that way. Then 1.2 came out. The game grew a bit more popular, and well people started using the chat system more, especially in team games. I didn't mind that at all. Then when the current version 1.3 people used the chat system ALOT more. Not to just use a bit a team work, but to INSULT and OFFEND other people. Yes that's right. I hear racist coments almost everytime I play this game. It totally ruins the fun of the game. All I'm suggesting is some kind of rule or consequence for using bad language. I'm sick of the name calling and pointless remarks all because someone is better than you. "THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU" I sound like I'm ranting, but yes something has to be done about all these bad words I have been seeing as of late. I'm thinking of cencors. You do you think?

Keron Cyst
December 3, 2005, 11:59 pm
*censors*

/mute X, where X = player's name. You'll never hear from him again, at least in that match. And people were swearing in 1.2.1 as well, just maybe not as much as now, I guess.

Or play with bots like I do :-D They totally rock.

Saint-Cross
December 4, 2005, 2:16 am
Even some of the bots say some G-rated insults. :P Anyway, stop whining about people cursing and being prejudice.The world is an ugly place.Words are only words, they only mean something if the person saying it is going to back it up with action.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 3:30 am
Apparently, it was written in the paper that swear words are not offensive anymore. Perhaps you need something to turn off chat.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 3:34 am
Yea forget the whole cencor thing, bc they'll just type around them by spelling the words wrong.

peemonkey
December 4, 2005, 3:57 am
stop spelling it cencor. :P

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 8:23 pm
lol Censor -.-

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 9:30 pm
Dang it, did you even read my post? Type /mute X, where X = the player's name.

Kaider
December 5, 2005, 11:41 pm
people will always find a way around a censor,unless you censor every word but soldat and gun.

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 11:53 pm
Is it possible to /mute all

CottonTheMoth
December 6, 2005, 4:28 am
Your words do not affect me! /mute all
xD. Anyways, talking in soldat is half the fun. You just have to learn to ignore the spammy noobs out there, and occassionally vote kick em outta your server.

Echo_Trail
December 6, 2005, 7:06 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderIs it possible to /mute all

hehe... thought of that as well
/mute newbs :P

DT
December 6, 2005, 8:21 am
Make censors a option for soldat....
with different levels....
(making everything into soldat options always seems to work with almost any suggestions -_- )

Harwin
December 6, 2005, 5:47 pm
Well, since when are you polite to people you are about to kill? ;)

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 10:58 pm
Uh this is a game. It's SUPPOSED to be FUN!

Harwin
December 8, 2005, 12:19 am
Exactly, so let people speak and live into it.

xtishereb
December 8, 2005, 1:44 am
How is getting sweared at fun?

I'd like a customizable filter, so you can censor words you find offensive, i.e. barrettard (for all you barrettards out there who don't like being called what you are =P), certain four-letter words, racist slurs, crap like that.

You should also be able to choose what the censors are, so you don't have to always have it be *ed out, and it could be <explicitive deleted>, (Please Refrain From Swearing) or =P.