( search forums )
Berserker Song?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chef Boyardee
December 4, 2005, 8:13 am
I know this is kind of a stupid question but it's been driving me crazy. I had always assumed that the sound effect that Soldat plays when you get the berserker effect was a custom sound but earlier tonight I was watching Clerks and they actually played about 20 seconds of the song that it was from. I was pretty surprised and found it pretty awesome but I'm kind of curious, what song is it? I think I've narrowed it down to Big Problem by Corrosion of Conformity but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what it is?

I know this seems pretty stupid but it's driving me crazy.

Captain Ben
December 4, 2005, 8:32 am
The best I can recommend is for you to check out the Soldat manual.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 8:41 am
or PM MM.

Vijchtidoodah
December 4, 2005, 8:51 am
Yes, Chef Boyardee, it is in Clerks. Just listen to each song to see if it sounds the same. =\

GAMEOVER
December 4, 2005, 9:15 am
Go search for the soundtrack then go from there.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 11:16 am
It's just Heavy Metal. Go download some. Metallica sounds heaps beter

frogboy
December 4, 2005, 12:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusMetallica sounds heaps beter
Hahahahaha.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 6:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusIt's just Heavy Metal. Go download some. Metallica sounds heaps beter

Metallica went gap on the latest album, so how could you say that?

Famine
December 4, 2005, 6:41 pm
Metallica went [CENSORED] a while back, but they were always [CENSORED].

Chef Boyardee
December 4, 2005, 7:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusIt's just Heavy Metal. Go download some. Metallica sounds heaps beter

There's no need to patronize me, I know what heavy metal is. Most people who consider Metallica the kings of heavy metal don't.

But yeah, thanks for everyone who responded. As I said earlier, I think it's Big Problem by Corrosion of Conformity but I'm not sure yet since I can't find anywhere to download it. Thanks!

nfsjunkie91
December 4, 2005, 7:55 pm
Well, ill "acquire" a copy, and let you know, k?

EDIT:No, it isn't big problems, i just listened to it.

b00stA
December 4, 2005, 9:19 pm
Haha yeah, I think I first watched Clerks after I started playing Soldat, I was wondering why I'd hear some Soldat sound while watching a movie. Took me a moment to figure out it was from the movie :)

My love for you is like a truck, BERZERKER! Would you like some making [CENSORED], BERZERKER!

Captain Ben
December 4, 2005, 11:17 pm
HahhahahahahaMetallicahahahahaa.
What is this movie 'Clerks' you speak of?

b00stA
December 5, 2005, 7:26 pm
I found the song.

1. Difficult way: Search for clerks in a file sharing app of your choice.
2. Easy way: Look up the soundtrack listing for Clerks at IMDB.com (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/soundtrack)

Anyway, it's "Berzerker" by Love Among Freaks

Captain Ben, it's one of Kevin Smith's early films. He's the guy who play Silent Bob in almost all of his movies :P

Chef Boyardee
December 7, 2005, 12:10 am
Thanks a lot man!

Silent Soldier
December 7, 2005, 4:58 pm
How about the artist and name of the Predator song? :P

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 5:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAI found the song.

1. Difficult way: Search for clerks in a file sharing app of your choice.
2. Easy way: Look up the soundtrack listing for Clerks at IMDB.com (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/soundtrack)

Anyway, it's "Berzerker" by Love Among Freaks

Captain Ben, it's one of Kevin Smith's early films. He's the guy who play Silent Bob in almost all of his movies :P

Kevin Smith is one of the better independent film makers of this era, I don't think he has failed at making something good yet. He also appeared as Silent Bob at the end of a episode of Yes, Dear. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Silent Soldier
December 7, 2005, 6:01 pm
Ooo... So he's the bot "Silent Bob" in the very first versions.