( search forums )
Flipping Half the Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Rabble
December 5, 2005, 5:35 am
Hey, i was wondering if there was any possible way, to make half of a map, and then bascially copy and paste the other half making it semititrical? If you get what i mean. If so explain how to do it because it would save alot of people alot of time

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 6:01 am
Get Polyworks.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 5, 2005, 7:44 am
It works with all other mapping programs, go like this:

1. Hold Alt.
2. Click on the polygons you want copied
3. Go to the Polygons Tab on the right
4. Click on copy, then click on paste
5. Then click Mirror
6. Move the new symmatrical polygons into position, and you're done!

Rabble
December 5, 2005, 9:42 pm
ok thanks because i want my map to look exactly the same on the otherside, therefore making the map even and not leaning towards one side. thanks again guys, nd btw officer im using polyworks i made my last map using it and it came out farely well its in my cig if u want to see it, this one is going to look much better because i practiced texture stretching nd it looks hawt

EDIT: hmm, in polyworks that doesnt seem to work because there is no "Poly Tab" thats only in mapmaker, anyone know how to do it with polyworks? If not i guess i could just open the map in mapmaker and do it from there, but ide rather complete it in polyworks.

nickasummers
December 5, 2005, 11:04 pm
edit-select all, duplicate, mirror, move

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 3:00 am
To do it in polyworks, Copy-paste the half of the map, then go into one of the pop-down menus and select "Transform" and then "Flip 180 horizontal"