( search forums )
Putfile Bans Users From Singapore
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2005, 7:39 am
Link

DRUGGIES HAVE CORNERED THE ROPE BUSINESS!

vash763
December 5, 2005, 7:53 am
wow

shouldn't it be 'hung'?

frogboy
December 5, 2005, 8:10 am
Ridiculous. The guy was a drug smuggler. They ruined his life, like he did many other peoples'. Besides, it wasn't the Singaporean people who decided, it was their government. Surely banning a whole nation because of its government is wrong.

EDIT: Scratch that last point, after reading this thread, it seems most of the country are for its laws. However, (apparently) 47% of Australians also believe that Nguyen Tuong Van should've been hung too. Doesn't that mean 47% of Australia should be banned?

Captain Ben
December 5, 2005, 8:24 am
Heh. Van Ngeygen had it coming. He had enough heroin on him to overdose and potentially kill 125,000 people (Australian or not). Singapore should have and did go in hard and mercilessly, basically to show how any other potential drug smugglers can and will be dealt with.

Milkman Dan
December 5, 2005, 9:34 am
He deserved to die. He knew that he could get the death penalty if caught. It seems all unfair that they're killing him but he had drugs and drugs are bad.

FliesLikeABrick
December 5, 2005, 11:59 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763wow

shouldn't it be 'hung'?

no, it is hanged.

AerialAssault
December 5, 2005, 12:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanHe deserved to die. He knew that he could get the death penalty if caught. It seems all unfair that they're killing him but he had drugs and drugs are bad.
drugs? bad? HAH!

Captain Ben
December 5, 2005, 12:32 pm
If you're refering to that [CENSORED]ty NOFX song, I'm gonna stab you.

Pulp
December 5, 2005, 2:04 pm
"we believe that if a country must have the death penalty, there is no need for it be barbaric" , this is quite a harsh formulation with a double moral to me, as there are esthetic or ethical norms in executing a death penalty. I bet banning all the domains of countries that still execute the death penalty would cause a bit too much decrease in their visitorstatistics. :)

peemonkey
December 5, 2005, 9:11 pm
i still blame those lousy, nearly-wiped-of-the-face-of-the-earth-from-lack-of-potatoes irishmen.

vash763
December 5, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickquote:Originally posted by vash763wow

shouldn't it be 'hung'?

no, it is hanged.

Thanks you flies, you learn something new everyday.

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2005, 11:32 pm
Keep in mind that "hanged" only applies to the capital punishment, in any other context it's still "hung."

Milkman Dan
December 6, 2005, 12:53 am
LIKE A HORSE

vash763
December 6, 2005, 3:37 am
HARD

Thanks Vijcht.

Rambo_6
December 6, 2005, 11:57 pm
Vin Diesel isn't hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Vin Diesel!

...Or was it Chuck Norris?

Cookie.
December 7, 2005, 12:07 am
It was Norris

peemonkey
December 7, 2005, 12:18 am
chuck norris is the [CENSORED].

Captain Ben
December 7, 2005, 10:18 am
Putfile is retarded. If they're gonna go and ban Singapor, then they'd better get going on banning all countries that hang criminals.

m00`
December 7, 2005, 11:04 am
which other country does ben? o.0

Captain Ben
December 7, 2005, 11:32 am
Trinidad, Tobago and 29 other countries?

Unlucky 13
December 8, 2005, 6:58 am
A few American countries (or states, whatever) still use capital punishment, but not hanging.

I myself beleive they shouldn't use something so primitive, at least. 20 minutes for your brain to die is a hell of a long time, even if you can't feel it, and even then, its still 5 minutes till you accually are passed coming back (or so I've heard). Maybe firing squad or the leathal injection. Or something more ironic like overdosing him with his own drugs. I don't know how long those take to kill, but at least it's more civilized, if you can call capital punishment civilized.

frogboy
December 8, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13 20 minutes for your brain to die is a hell of a long time, even if you can't feel it, and even then, its still 5 minutes till you accually are passed coming back (or so I've heard). Maybe firing squad or the leathal injection. Or something more ironic like overdosing him with his own drugs. I don't know how long those take to kill, but at least it's more civilized, if you can call capital punishment civilized.
There are cases where the lethal injection hasn't worked properly, and prisoners have remained conscious while suffering from agonising pain - sometimes for up to half an hour. And heroin can take hours for an overdosed person to die.