( search forums )
New Soldat Problem!!! HELP PLEASE
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
checho
December 5, 2005, 9:29 am
umm.. i play soldat alot. and i just did a system restore (erased everything) on my computer, the first thing i did was re-install my internet and download soldat.. but it wont work anymore!

Windows Xp Pro
HP Pavillion 6746c
Intel Celeron Proccesor
Intel 82810 Graphics Controller

It just doesnt work, i tried everything. Sometimes it will say, "error initializing 3d hardware", other times it says... "cannot load _______.gfx" or other "scenery files", "weapon files", its different everytime, other times soldat starts and the window pops up, but it disappears and the program ends, or, if it does start i cant request servers, or if the servers do appear the screen is black when i join, and thats not mentioning that it freezes when i try to configure the buttons..??? i dono what to do?? soldat is the only game i play. Please!!! I have directX 9c (installed correctly), i tried to run soldat in True color (24bit) and High Color (16bit), in 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768, i tried to run it in full screen and window mode, i've updated my drivers, reinstalled soldat, checked my computer for virsuses with 2005 Norton Anti Virus, checked for spyware, i followed all the instructions on all the topics i've read.. but i dono. If anyone can help me, id appreciate it. soldat is the only game i own.

What i think: when i run Dxdiag is show thats Direct3d is Enabled, but DirectDraw and AGP Texture are not available. DirectDraw is needed to run soldat ey?... i have the .dll file but the button to enable DDRAW is greyed out and cannot be clicked, yet the button "Test DirectDraw" is available, and it works fine and shows no errors... maybe there is a way to manually enabel DirectDraw in Regedit through HKEY? i managed to manually enable Direct3d throught RegEdit...

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Direct3d/Drivers/SoftwareOnly.. left click Modify and change the value 0 to 1.

Is there a way to do this with DirectDraw??? or maybe someone has some other advice?? because i really dont knoW!!

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 3:03 pm
Intel 82810 Graphics Controller

There's your issue. On-board graphics card. Specifically, I had this card in my older setup, and it would constantly (and seemingly randomly) disable most features required to run games after a short period of normally working just fine.

I acquired a new PC shortly after.

checho
December 5, 2005, 11:11 pm
I dont think is it a problem with my Graphics Card, i've been playing soldat since 100b in like 2002, i've had the same computer, for every Soldat i've every played, and it has always worked.. it stopped after the last time i formatted my hard drive. i really think its something else. :(