( search forums )
ingame customizing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Echo_Trail
December 5, 2005, 2:37 pm
Hi ya'll..
when you're ingame, this menu could be enabled! and just like you select weapons(on Q for me), you could select the color of you pants/shirt/hair and all. you could customize your soldat! i mean, it wouldn't take that much to do, would it? And it would be smart, so that you could adjust due to what map you play!
a few ideas on what could be changed:

shirt(unless you play a team game)
pants
hair
flames(if registrered)
sniperline colour + on/off
hat/helmet/nothing
gold chain/dog tags/nothing

let me know what you think and/or post suggestions of your own!
echo out

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 1:31 pm
Well, I dont think I would need it. I rarely change my colors because I get used to me being all pink. Whenever someone else is pink I get a little distracted, weird. I dont think we need to implement this when were are playing in a server.

Veritas
December 9, 2005, 1:45 pm
Seems redundant, very redundant, even if it was implemented, how many would use it?

But what if you could change between two sets of colours, one primary and one secondary, both of which can be configured in the "Player" options.

For example, you're in a DM game and you see someone else running around with the same colours as yourself, so you're like "f*ck that" and hit "c" (or whatever) and the next time you spawn you've got your secondary colours.

zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 1:19 am
i don't like it. if you're in such desperation to change the colors of your pants you should leave the server and change it! or as michal bolton (os) once said: "why should i change, he's the one who sux" :D

now to some legitimate reasons of my disapproval:
while in a game, if you develop some sort of feeling towards somebody such as "wow that guy's an a** - i'm gonna kill him every chance i get" - it would be much easier to remember people by their appearance than hovering the mouse over them to figure out their names, which in a fast-paced game such as soldat would be rather disadvantageous.

so no.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:28 am
Not needed in the least. For the reasons mentioned above, and the fact that you can do this before you join a game. Do you play soldat for the fun, or to make sure your soldat is color coordinated? The only aspect I like is being able to adjust to different maps, but you could most likely solve most issues with camo colors with a good set of colors worked out before entering a game.