( search forums )
Remake of the Originals.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
papasurf31
December 5, 2005, 4:27 pm
Right now, I am inspired to remake one of the original maps in hopes that it will spark something. However, I am unsure as to which map I should remake. Mostly, I'm looking for a map that has good layout, is of reasonable size, and people play pretty often. It should be one of the older maps, ones like arena or b2b (but not those specifically).

Also, this map should also have something wrong with it, like an unfair camping spot, or somthing that a majority of players don't like about the map that can be fixed, so that the map preserves the core gameplay but is slightly different (and hopefully better) than the orginal in almost all visual and technical aspects.

So, post your suggestions and requests, and I'll consider them.

The Geologist
December 5, 2005, 4:33 pm
Ctf_Kampf. I think we all know what's at issue there.

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 5:36 pm
Arena 3,
Just the visuals.

Keron Cyst
December 5, 2005, 6:24 pm
Heh. I've already started on a massive remake of just about all the maps, mainly in wypts., but also adding random stuff and tweaking minor polybugs. Marcinkowski said it's okay (if you don't believe me PM me for his own personal message).

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 8:16 pm
Don't be too proud, it might get to your mind.

Just a friendly advise, i don't have nothing against you.

vash763
December 5, 2005, 8:33 pm
I wanna do Mr.Snowmans PLayground.

I don't know how old it is. But I love that map.

I was going to make it ctf at one point.

Deleted User
December 5, 2005, 9:26 pm
I always wished Mr. Snowman's Playground had more ice-type polygons...

Keron Cyst
December 5, 2005, 11:47 pm
Heh. Yeah, I try not to get cocky, but I'm tired of having helped so many people and get the Post Count I have yet no one recognize me for doing anything big.

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 12:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystHeh. Yeah, I try not to get cocky, but I'm tired of having helped so many people and get the Post Count I have yet no one recognize me for doing anything big.

Get the post count? While plugging in shameful hints of your seemingly inferior NSM everywhere, even in a screenie of Boxo's map? Given the job? More like taking initiative to replace MM's fine waypoints to gain some well-needed self-esteem.

karmazon
December 6, 2005, 1:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystHeh. Yeah, I try not to get cocky, but I'm tired of having helped so many people and get the Post Count I have yet no one recognize me for doing anything big.

the only way to get recognize is to trolllllol

vash763
December 6, 2005, 3:43 am

*coughwyptcough*

OutofOrder
December 6, 2005, 5:05 am
if only the good remakes got popular... i hate seeing lots of effort put in maps, when they get played for a short period of time (if they actually get hosted). just take a look at the 45 pages of the New maps forum... and add the maps that are published anywhere else.

i don't want to unencourage you papasurf, tho. i hope you come up with some nice remake. :) and i'll play it.

lithium
December 6, 2005, 8:15 pm
b2b would be great to remake.

Keron Cyst
December 7, 2005, 1:52 am
What do you mean? All I'm basically doing is expanding on the wypts. and fixing polybugs and adjusting polygon colors (I'll try to tackle the notorious center-pit bounce bug on ctf_b2b). What would you like different about the map?...

lithium
December 7, 2005, 2:29 am
Yeah, the bounce bug is a thing. The big thing I was thinking is the evil top. I never understood why it isn't just completely closed off. It's incredibly annoying when people go top with the flag or worse, go over the side of the map and sit there with the flag.