( search forums )
redifine gravity
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
December 5, 2005, 9:33 pm
not to flab: this topic isn't suggesting to implement editable gravity, but rather to see what people's views are on the current gravity settings.

i think currently in soldat gravity is slightly too weak. I think that people should fall faster since other than that soldats have great maneuvering skillz - but the slow gravity makes people too predictable and the weak accelaration from the jets is also too weak.

The best solution to this would be to be able to customize gravity as a server side option...

FliesLikeABrick
December 9, 2005, 5:02 am
If you intended this to be discussed, then why not put it in the discussion forum? I may move it there depending on your reasons.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 12:39 pm
altering gravity in soldat will be the greatest improvement ever

numgun
December 9, 2005, 1:17 pm
hmm... 10000000% gravity? COOL! =D
and jet power: 100000000000000% COOL 2X! xD

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 1:37 pm
Everyone is going to be moving like 10x faster lol. Gun shots will impale you if you shoot them above you. Knives can only be thrown from the top for total pwnage. I dont like it to much.

zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 1:25 am
flab: i think the purpose of forums such as this one is to hear the comments of other people ("wow i like it!" - or "imo, bla bla bla") - this still is a forum...

on topic: now i didn't mean it to be at the extremes such as "my hk's bullets only travel 5 soldat meters before they fell to ground." - rather, if you for example increase gravity by 1.5 (trust me, you'd feel totally sick in real life with a 50% increase of gravity) making you fall down a considerable amount faster that'll have a unique impact on the gameplay. Likewise, playing with a 50%-70% DECREASE in gravtiy could also create new strategies in the game - knives could reach greater heights and still do considerable damage...

December 11, 2005, 12:36 am
yeah... bullet speed would be Waaaayyy too fast, making them instakill

and realistic mode? ohnoez, spawn-die, spawn-die, spawn-die

jets? ack. I do not wish to see soldats stuck in walls.

Swarmer
December 11, 2005, 2:50 am
It would be cool but any minor changes in gravity would really be annoying to get used to for a while. just a subtle difference would throw off a lot of players habits.

GAMEOVER
December 11, 2005, 2:56 am
That would be a nice if you could adjust it as long as its noted as wm servers are. Personally I think we should be able to move a little bit faster then we do now.

zyxstand
December 11, 2005, 6:18 am
quote:Originally posted by 117yeah... bullet speed would be Waaaayyy too fast, making them instakill

and realistic mode? ohnoez, spawn-die, spawn-die, spawn-die

jets? ack. I do not wish to see soldats stuck in walls.

why on earth would bullet travel faster with lower gravity!??!
and maybe if there were like 3 set gravities - 1 normal, one heavy grav. and one lunar grav. - that way you don't have to get used to any specifically customized gravity - just these three.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:06 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandnot to flab: this topic isn't suggesting to implement editable gravity, but rather to see what people's views are on the current gravity settings.

i think currently in soldat gravity is slightly too weak. I think that people should fall faster since other than that soldats have great maneuvering skillz - but the slow gravity makes people too predictable and the weak accelaration from the jets is also too weak.

The best solution to this would be to be able to customize gravity as a server side option...

i thaught of that just hours ago:o
the soldiers should fall almost twice as fast. (of atleast a gravity slide bar?)