( search forums )
a way to get this game more popular.......
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
tehubersheezy
December 6, 2005, 1:55 am
i bet someone from here has heard about digg.com and the "digg" effect?
i haven't played in about a month or two since i stopped playing games video games as a whole, but i was pretty good, some might remember me as revolver ocelot?

but digg.com is a really excellent news source, and if somehow soldat got on the front page, soldat would be booming! it has over 100k registered users, though the servers would be flooded, the community would expand quite a lot! i submitted it before, but didn't get to the front page, it's hard, but think about how many people would play this game!

Keron Cyst
December 6, 2005, 2:03 am
We'll use it as a last-ditch effort next year ;-)

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 2:36 am
Welcome! Lag Please enter this way ---->

I dont really care about new people. Unless its like 'omg barely anyones on.'

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 2:47 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderWelcome! Lag Please enter this way ---->

I dont really care about new people. Unless its like 'omg barely anyones on.'

Umm, wtf?

_Mancer_
December 6, 2005, 2:58 am
Yeah revolver ocelot, I distincly remember you as the one who handed out all those enesce hacks. Yeah you are 'really good' alright.

Cookie.
December 6, 2005, 3:02 am
No, it would be more beneficial to get it put somehow on Fark, Slashdot, Leenks, Drudgereport :P

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 3:30 am
lol, more barret-haters

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 4:02 am
Wtf guys?

We need BBC and CNN.

To hell with internets.

We need hot chicks with "Soldat.pl" written on their cleavage.
We need t-shirts and hats.
And more hot chicks

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 4:07 am
...you know i could probaly get atleast one hot girl working in a pub to have a soldat.pl shirt..i have contacts. I KNOW, zam kill someone and say it was because of thius game, thatl get it on cnn

Echo_Trail
December 6, 2005, 6:40 am
yeah, if anyone could do it, it'd be you..!=D
anyway, give the guy a break! For the initiative at least!..
I don't want more ppl to come to soldat as well, but it's a good thought, allright?!..

DT
December 6, 2005, 8:11 am
Soldat seems big enough... for now...

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 2:11 pm
Nothing is too big!

Except if your penis gets too big it might pop a female.
Literally

Flying_Dutchman
December 6, 2005, 5:20 pm
Wow, that last post was a really good contribution to this topic. :P
But i think we dont need more people for soldat, cause that would mean even more whiners, hackers and people like that. Of course, it would also bring nice guys who really enjoy playing and try to become better, but those people are always called "n00bs" by noobs who cant even play themselves and whine everytime they die. And that causes those new nice guys to become whiners too, traumatized by other whiners and seeking for revenge.
No, we dont need more people.

b00stA
December 6, 2005, 5:31 pm
Ah, nice, advertising a game on a news site. Might as well try Slashdot.

Echo_Trail
December 6, 2005, 7:23 pm
it's all very fine, but do we really need more ppl? i mena, yu can never get enough experienced players, and ofcourse they all start somewhere!
More and more ppl are coming to soldat, and the thing is, most get introduced by friends and such, so they have someone to ask out about problems and all! If soldat gets popular on a random HP, we'll get a million newcomers, who know absolutely nada about soldat!.. The game will be totally overspammed with questions..

Snipedmyself
December 6, 2005, 9:39 pm
werent there soldat shirts before....

Cookie.
December 6, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAAh, nice, advertising a game on a news site. Might as well try Slashdot.

Slashdot would be good but I think Fark would do better :D

tehubersheezy
December 7, 2005, 12:29 am
why all the hate mancer? that happened a LONG time ago

zyxstand
December 7, 2005, 2:17 am
i would most definitely like to have more people coming in!
if our population increases by a lot, maybe michal will consider selling his game to some (major) company who can actually spend more time on it. i just really want soldat to have a campaign mode!

lithium
December 7, 2005, 2:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by b00stAAh, nice, advertising a game on a news site. Might as well try Slashdot.

Slashdot would be good but I think Fark would do better :D

lol farker

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 2:46 am
An internet worm that redirects you to soldat.pl and downloads and starts the game

Echo_Trail
December 7, 2005, 8:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyselfwerent there soldat shirts before....

u can still get'em on selfkill.com i think!:D

quote:Originally posted by tehubersheezywhy all the hate mancer? that happened a LONG time ago

I don't even know what happened?
He's allright by me...

criddo
December 7, 2005, 9:13 am
Yeah, I'd be great if more people could play soldat. Okay, they might not be very experienced, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. Everyone was a newbie at soldat at some point.

lithium
December 7, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi would most definitely like to have more people coming in!
if our population increases by a lot, maybe michal will consider selling his game to some (major) company who can actually spend more time on it. i just really want soldat to have a campaign mode!

Negatory, having a big corporation take over soldat would ruin the whole thing.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 9:29 pm
WHat ! You can get soldat t shirts !!! OMFG link me plz plz plz i couldnt find it on self kill.

*edit*
I found the t-shirt but its a selfkill tshirt not a soldat one :(

Zoltan_aus
December 7, 2005, 10:36 pm
Think about it...Now tell me honestly, who would wear a Soldat shirt out to a party? I mean the only real benefit I think of getting a soldat shirt would be the knowledge that your helping the soldat community by wearing it around the house or to bed. The best way to go about advertising soldat is purely word of mouth. Just let the players verbally advertise soldat to friends, family etc. and there you have your fresh batch of newbies.

Problem Solved (Y)

-zolt

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 11:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zoltan_ausThink about it...Now tell me honestly, who would wear a Soldat shirt out to a party? I mean the only real benefit I think of getting a soldat shirt would be the knowledge that your helping the soldat community by wearing it around the house or to bed. The best way to go about advertising soldat is purely word of mouth. Just let the players verbally advertise soldat to friends, family etc. and there you have your fresh batch of newbies.

Problem Solved (Y)

-zolt

I would. But then again, I really don't have much of a real life...

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 12:56 pm
Of course id wear the damn thing, its ownage !

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 8, 2005, 7:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakAn internet worm that redirects you to soldat.pl and downloads and starts the game

lets do that. :D

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 4:50 am
Quick! Someone make up a fake homocidal story somehow linked to soldat with soldat links in the news story and send it to every news site on the interweb!