( search forums )
Your server isn't really your server.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Kentoss
December 6, 2005, 2:01 am
Yesterday (December 4, 2005), some shmag joins the server I recently got working while I was doing one on one deathmatch with a friend. I tell him it's a private game, please leave. He doesn't, what a surprise. So I warn him once more and tell him I will time ban him for a day if he doesn't comply. Once again, he refuses. So, being a man of my word, I time ban him. Keeping in mind that I don't like to ban people comepletely.

So today (December 5, 2005), I changed my name slightly because I was using the alias KrazyKentoss to annoy a friend of mine. I changed it back to Kentoss. So I am having a huge deathmatch with random people and all the slots are filled when this same guy comes on as a spectator. He starts complaining that he can't play and whineing so I do my best to explain to him what is going on. Then he suddenly decides that his entertainment is more important than anyone elses. He starts to attempt to vote kick people. After the second one, I warn him once again and to my surprise I got a different responce.

"wat r u going 2 do about it panzy?" he proclaims in the absolutely worst typing imaginable. I explain to him that this is my server and I do not like the way he is acting. Expecting this to shut him up, I was caught off guard with a "no it isnt urs its mine".

What?

I ask him that if it's his, why doesn't he manually kick someone off so he can join? He responce is "bcuz i dont kno how". By now, I'm guessing this guy doesn't even know how to even start his dedicated server. So I get tired of this (while this conversation was taking place, I had to manage between feding off swarms of people and pressing F11 to stop him from attempting to ruin someones fun.) and I just come out with a simple "You're an idiot. I'll thank you kindly not to attempt to return to my server." And I banned him perminantely.

I hate people like that. >_>

Aegis
December 6, 2005, 2:13 am
Sounds like typical Soldat pub garbage. Dont let them give you guff, and don't be afraid to show them who's boss. On the other hand, you should password protect private matches, it will save you and other players a lot of trouble. (Providing you can distribute the password ably to the players you do want)

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 8:13 am
LOL. Out of ALL the morons, I have ever met in soldat, that guy takes the cake. If you ever see him outside the server, let him know he won soldats idiot of the year award. Frankly, thats the most least intelligent player judging from that moment I have ever seen.

Anyways, good moment. You get that alot in soldat unfortanately.

Flying_Dutchman
December 6, 2005, 5:12 pm
Yea, especially the words "bcuz i dont kno how" made me smile. He was acting so tough but with those words, everything collapsed like a house of cards.

DeLarge
December 8, 2005, 9:36 am
If your server is meant to be private, then it's recommended to enable a password and only show it to your friends if they like to enter your server.

The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 9:40 am
Agreed. There are few things I hate more in game than joining a server only to be told "Private game, get out" or to just get booted/banned. Passwords are there for a reason. Funny moment, I would have enjoyed being in your shoes to boot the guy though.