( search forums )
Question about Aimhacks.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 8:33 am
This is not a thread thats complaining, reporting, posting pics/demos of hacking, none of that. Just a question about it. >> Skip to the bottom if you dont want to hear the story that builds up to the question.

I was playing some ctf today, with all these guys for quite a while too. It went from a 2v1 where I was pitted against them. The target of question wasnt doing too hot, I wasnt needing too much effort to kill him. The game progressed, more people joined. About 45 minutes later, he picked up a barret after my continuous countering of any weapon he chose with near perfect counter tactics against it.

Well, his aim just skyrocketed. He went from not killing me much to pinpoint accuracy. Im guessing he was 30/30 when I wasnt doing some serious accurate spraying from screen distance. In some instances, he hit me accurately from off screen, even when he hadnt the slightest clue I was there.

Now, I know that all of this has absolutely no proof of anyone aim hacking, nor does it provoke me to make any accusations upon anyone ive seen other extremely good barrets. The guy also said hes been playing for 2.5 years, so that even further disproves any chance of him aimhacking. I never thought of him having an aimbot up to this point, some people even said they remember his old names.

But, to the instance that aroused my attention. We were in the middle of the game. There was a moment where I was in mid air, diagonally left of him while he was on the ground, facing the opposite direction. Well, I seen myself gunned down, but what really caught my attention, was that there was a blur on him, he was still facing the same direction. I seen him shift to the left and back to the right in an INSTANT. Apparently, he turned around, fire at me, and turned back, INSTANTLY, which frankly is impossible unless you throw your mouse to the left and back to the right EXTREMELY fast and some how click at the PERFECT moment.

Would the moment above, be a sign of aim hacking? Either A) The Aimbot locked on me and he fired, except his mouse was forcing him to look in the other direction so firing triggered the aimbot to look at me then turn back to his mouse....(He was standing still too) or B) It just lagged sort of and made it appear as if he never turned, and the turn just lagged. - Aimbots are imperfect, they're actually quite useless, I never used one but no aimbot can be perfect. With a barret, good movement can counter any of that, but I have never ever touched an aimbot so I havent the slightest clue to its effectiveness in reality, only based on whats technicly possible.

Maybe it did lag, but regardless, if someone turns around, fires, and turns back or any similar thing where he turns to me and fires contrary to his direction, would that be a sign of an aimbot?

EDIT:

Forgot to addin that both our pings were 60 or around that much and the server wasnt lagging at all at the moment.

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 9:17 am
[IMAGE]
me smells an aimbot

That sort of stuff happens way too often now.

Chakra`
December 6, 2005, 9:50 am
Enesce you leet [CENSORED]er, when you gonna build that hack I requested?

..you know, the one that makes 'LL Cool J - Mama said knock you Out' play on everyones computer in the server..

Echo_Trail
December 6, 2005, 9:59 am
By the powers! You wouldn't..! This is madness..

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 10:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Enesce you leet [CENSORED]er, when you gonna build that hack I requested?

..you know, the one that makes 'LL Cool J - Mama said knock you Out' play on everyones computer in the server..

The last thing you ever said to me was about a fleshlight... </3

Chakra`
December 6, 2005, 10:35 am
..my fleshlight already plays 'LL Cool J - Mama said knock you Out' though. Bricks did it last week.

Elephant_Hunter
December 6, 2005, 10:50 am
I don't want to disagree that this may be an aimbotter. I have been surprised before by hacks, and I will probably live to see many more surprises. What I do want to bring into question is if anybody has noticed activity of this type before. Maybe I just don't get out enough, but I have never encountered players using a working multiplayer aim bot for Soldat.

You may very well have played with a hacker. Unfortunately, this was a waste of a post. You aren't informing the community of anything we haven't heard before, and there's nill proof of what you say happened. Joe Schmo and I may believe it to be true albeit we can do nothing to fix it. Record a demo next time you see questionable activity. This way MM can find the root of the problem and find a solution. Otherwise you'll be taken as just another person complaining about a good Soldat player.

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 11:50 am
Elephant Hunter, you missed the point. Im asking if this is a sign of an aim hacker, because I myself have never seen such a thing happen before, and am curious. Im not trying to inform the community about hacks, im merely asking a question for my personal gain of further knowledge. -.-;

Elephant_Hunter
December 6, 2005, 12:20 pm
I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I had no assumption you were trying to help the community in any way, which is why half my post explains why you should. If you really want me to leave out the propaganda (because we all know helping the community is not worth your time) let me re-phrase to better suit your ears:

Although I can't confirm it, your opponent was probably not an aim hacker. Your post would help both assess the situation better with an adaquate demo.

mickle89
December 6, 2005, 12:26 pm
Some guy today came into a ctf and instantly capped and scored within seconds to win the match. WTF kind of a hack is that. Then he left - came back in and did it again. Then ditto...ditto...ditto. How the [CENSORED] does that make a game fun.

mar77a
December 6, 2005, 1:36 pm
Heh, this stuff is funny.

I used to play the noob; I joined and asked, like "how do i jetz?", "Aaaho do you r htrow lmanades?"...Everyone got pissed due to my noobish questions. Then when I owned them, me gets kicked. Fun fun fun.

Ok
December 6, 2005, 5:37 pm
Ok, once and for all, someone with an Aimbot only screw himself over.
Soldat is a real time game, with fast movment and bullets that take time to get somewhere.
Having an Aimbot will only makes it harder to play against a player that can move. (some don't posses the ability apperently).

An aimbot can't predict someone's movment thus cannot shoot those hard shots, and the easy ones you can make yourself.

About that guy shotting the other way while facing the first, it happens alot, espacialy with my neat 250 ping. so I'll blame lag and lost packets :)

_Mancer_
December 6, 2005, 9:04 pm
Guys, Aimbot DOES exist. If you want proof, suck up your soul and download that revolution hack just to see what it does. (Do it in your own server, of course)

it does exist, its kinda buggy, though. There is also an 'instant medpack' in the rev hack too.

Snipedmyself
December 6, 2005, 9:32 pm
MY guess is that he was aim botting

or he was clicked out of the screen and clicked in.

RE: to ok

thats why aim botters use barret.

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 9:35 pm
That sucks. Shame to all aim hackers, stupid [CENSORED]s who have no skill in the game. =( I hoped there wasnt an aimbot but, now that I heard this. It really sucks @_@

Well Extacide, do you think it mightve happened like on that demo with Project X where he does all these tricks like you explained. Unless the new version makes this harder.

Sometimes I get lucky and dont miss when i barret someone though it will take me 2 seconds to hover and shoot. xD

Marbire
December 6, 2005, 10:09 pm
Not only does aimbot exist, but it's hard to detect, if you can at all. And unlike you said in your original post, aimbot IS useful and accurate. I've tested it in private servers with several people. It sucked with some guns, like spas and deagles....... but with barret and hk it was exceptional. Ironically, the 2 overpowered guns of this current version...

One way you can use to check if someone is using an aimbot is that once they lock on to you, they can't change their target until they have died, or their victim has died. Although this was probably a month ago, and new versions come out all the time. And just because they don't change targets doesn't mean they are using an aimhack... The soldiers gun will move constantly in relation to the target, unlike waiting and doing a prediction shot. But basically, impossible to detect. The server never detected cheating when we tested it.

Not to mention the hack comes with several other things.

Kaider
December 6, 2005, 11:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Guys, Aimbot DOES exist. If you want proof, suck up your soul and download that revolution hack just to see what it does. (Do it in your own server, of course)

it does exist, its kinda buggy, though. There is also an 'instant medpack' in the rev hack too.

Doesn't the Revolution hack have a virus?!

EDIT: Doesn't it have a TROJAN?!

Besides, I wouldn't think YOU would hack. And to think I looked up to your rugering skills.....

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 11:56 pm
Downloading a hack =/= being considered a hack user.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 12:02 am
Hmmm...last time I remember I thought someone explained how aim hacks were impossible. I'm not saying that you guys are wrong about what they are, I'm just trying to clarify things. The instant lock on thing that Extacide mentioned just sounds to me like the back-shot trick. But what do I know, I don't even pay attention to where I'm aiming, let alone where others are.

_Mancer_
December 7, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Kaiderquote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Guys, Aimbot DOES exist. If you want proof, suck up your soul and download that revolution hack just to see what it does. (Do it in your own server, of course)

Besides, I wouldn't think YOU would hack. And to think I looked up to your rugering skills.....

I don't dude, people were rumoring that aimbot existed, so I let curiosity get the better of me to see if it was true, and it was.

Kaider
December 7, 2005, 12:55 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by Kaiderquote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Guys, Aimbot DOES exist. If you want proof, suck up your soul and download that revolution hack just to see what it does. (Do it in your own server, of course)

I don't dude, people were rumoring that aimbot existed, so I let curiosity get the better of me to see if it was true, and it was.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I just thought that by you saynig it was kinda buggy meant that you sucked up your own soul and tried it on your own server and found it to be buggy. Again, I apologize.

vash763
December 7, 2005, 1:09 am
"whats technicly possible"

Another question, but wouldn't the actual bots in game be what is technicaly posibble?

Rabble
December 7, 2005, 1:12 am
quote:Originally posted by mickle89Some guy today came into a ctf and instantly capped and scored within seconds to win the match. WTF kind of a hack is that. Then he left - came back in and did it again. Then ditto...ditto...ditto. How the [CENSORED] does that make a game fun.

The main hack being used today is the revolution hack. This hack has 2 versions, one with advertisments and one without 9meaning if you have the advertised version, it shows *snip* , while playing in game), and now adays most people have the one without the advert. The revolution hack has all the hacks a nub wants. Aimbot, Instant caps, Serial kill with saw and knife, inf. medkits etc.

My question: Why the [CENSORED] do people have to hack a small shareware game like Soldat? The game has a smaller community, and you really dont get much credit while hacking this game, because theres NO POINT. The game is so easy to master, if you just take the time to learn it. I started up on some of my main wepaons like the AK and Ruger, and mastered them within a week. A WEEK is all it takes, if you know most of the basic stuff roll dodging, flying etc.

If you hack this game like revolution did, your a pathetic scum that wastes precious time on things that you really dont need for an unprotected, shareware game like soldat. PERIOD.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 1:24 am
great, why did you have to turn this into a thread actually telling people where to get it... smooth move there.

FliesLikeABrick
December 7, 2005, 1:30 am
Alright, this thread has gotten a bit off-track

Bottom line: hacks are bad.