DePhille
December 6, 2005, 2:45 pm
SoldatPage
Version7.2 - Last update: 08/02/2006

VISIT!
URL: http://SoldatPage.u13.net/

Updates from 7.1 to 7.2:
-I've created a Newsletter.
-I've added a rating system for the maps.
-I've restructured the main page alot.
-I've restructured the maps pages too.
-More maps , mods and clanlinks ofcourse :)

Functions:
-Features a mapslist (currently around 150 maps) with all information(max. players , screenshot , waypointed , ...)
-Features a modslist (currently around 70 mods) with all information (screenshot , sounds included , ...)
-Features a clanlink page (currently around 110 clanlinks) with support of a voting system , click counter , IRC channels , ...
-Features free hosting and indexing for all the above items (maps, mods ,apps , clans , ...)
-Features the updated version of the SoldatPage Webring central.
-Features a stylish 3D red-gray/black look that is still friendly for 56k'ers.
-Features the ability to edit/update uploaded maps.
-Features multiple screenshots per map (max. 500KB)
-Features a voting system for maps.
-Features a newsletter to aanounce updates to members.

Working on
1) Support editing for mods.
2) Support multiple screenshots for mods.
3) Support rating system for mods too.

Please post your comments , thanks.

Grtz , DePhille

mar77a
December 6, 2005, 2:51 pm
Hmn, weird, but it doesnt work for me.

DePhille
December 6, 2005, 2:59 pm
Hang on , It was working when I posted this message and for all the months I've worked on it :/...
Now it appears as if the webserver isn't responding. It could be that they are upgrading the server at the moment.

I'll figure it out and let you know :/
Sorry for the problem but this is an unpleasant surprise to me.

//EDIT: It seems like it's working again , do you see the same (press CTRL-F5 if needed)

Grtz , DePhille

mar77a
December 6, 2005, 3:10 pm
Ooo, very nice...tho not suitable for 800x600 :(

bbqchips
December 6, 2005, 8:24 pm
The red text is super hard to read against that dark grey background. Looks like you put a lot of effort into it though, nice job :)

The Geologist
December 6, 2005, 8:30 pm
Daaaammnnnn....me likey very very much. The red text doesn't bother me, and I love the layout from what I've seen so far. Good job! I'll have to upload some maps when I get the chance..

DePhille
December 6, 2005, 8:38 pm
Thanks all.
The red text doesn't pose a problem to me , checked it on three diffrent PCs so far.
However , none of them had a flatscreen and they were all trinitrons so it could be that the colors blend too much on other screens , may change the text color if I get more of these comments.

Geo: I'm also adding a map-editing feature. Please hang on with the map uploading , I'm currently converting the whole database. The previous version used the mapnames as filenames , this posed problems (as you experienced :)) , the current one saves the ID numbers and filters out the problem-posing characters too.

Grtz , DePhille

m00`
December 7, 2005, 4:24 am
i like it :D

Kaider
December 7, 2005, 8:38 pm
I'ts awesome, but I think you should make a seperate link apart from all the other maps for climbing maps. (I'm a climbing map fan)

DePhille
December 8, 2005, 12:18 pm
maybe a FUN_ category?

//EDIT (28 December 2005): SoldatPage 7.0.1 Released , check the main post or the news section on the website for the changes.

Grtz , DePhille

The Geologist
December 28, 2005, 9:51 pm
I can't stand it any longer...I have to upload maps at your site. :o

DePhille
January 27, 2006, 3:32 pm
Hi,

I updated SoldatPage again ;)
Added a rating system for maps so The Geologist's maps can spam my database now ;).
I also restructured the main page with some lists of "Latest Forum Topics" , "10 newest maps/mods" , ...
Aaand the map pages have also been restructured a bit to make place for the rating system.

EDIT: Another update , a newsletter. I'm going to send a newsletter when I have updated several things and added functions. It will also include a list of known bugs I'm working on. I've just sent out the first newsletter to all members , if you want to exclude yourself logon to soldatpage , go to 'Edit my profile' and set 'Receive SoldatPage newsletter' to No.
I'm going to keep it very short so it doesn't get boring :)

Comments are welcome :)

Grtz , DePhille

bond_james_bond
February 10, 2006, 11:06 pm
cool, i receive your letter - i didnt know i was signed up

DePhille
February 10, 2006, 11:13 pm
Yea I sent the newsletter to every member since the newsletter didn't exist yet when you registered.
WHen you register now you can choose to receive the newsletter or not. If you don't want the newsletter anymore log on to SoldatPage , go to "Edit My Profile" and set "Receive SoldatPage Newsletter" to "No".

Grtz , DePhille