( search forums )
CTF Chronoswars - pads and teleporters by ~SnipeR~
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
~SnipeR~
December 6, 2005, 8:48 pm
i finally made it! a map with a jump-pads and teleporters!
please download and say your opinion
map:[URL]
screen:[URL]

scenery:[URL]

----------------
new map: INF_sandsoftime, see my further post for more info
map: (with scenery)
[URL]

screen:
[URL]

OutofOrder
December 6, 2005, 9:28 pm
ooh looks great. i'll give it a try right away.

edit: duuuude. you forgot to pack also the new sceneries! missing files are:
fon.bmp
circles1.bmp
circles2.bmp
lightning.bmp
lightning1.bmp
lightning2.bmp
lightning3.bmp
lightningg1.bmp
lightningg2.bmp

Cookie.
December 6, 2005, 9:34 pm
The only teleporters I found to be useful were the ones below the flag spawns... Besides the rest were overkill and made it difficult to move around :\ Cookie does not approve :(

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 10:15 pm
hah didnt put in the custom scenery, WHOS THE GOOSE :P. but it is a very interesting map, more testing and tweaking is needed though

grand_diablo
December 6, 2005, 10:52 pm
Next time please give your topic a proper name (see forum rules). I dun wanna rename each single topic of yours.

~SnipeR~
December 7, 2005, 11:37 am
uhhh... how do i actually make custom scenery work ?, where i need to "put" them ?
2Cookie: all teleporters are working, they just need a little practise.
i showed how to use them in demos, it becomes easy using them with time. Besides use of teleporters isnt necessary to get flag, u can use only jump-pads or even use nothing

Veritas
December 7, 2005, 4:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by ~SnipeR~uhhh... how do i actually make custom scenery work ?, where i need to "put" them ?

Copy all the custom sceneries to a new folder named "Scenery-gfx", stick the .pms file in a folder named "maps" and then zip those two biatches.

This makes it very easy for the downloader to unzip straight to his Soldat directory and makes sure he's got all the sceneries.

~SnipeR~
December 7, 2005, 6:01 pm
grrrr. didnt understood nothin :(
but if the problem is actually in scenery, then please download it and put it in folder scenery-gfx
[URL]

OutofOrder
December 7, 2005, 7:33 pm
yeah, that was the problem. thanks. i'll giev it a try now xD

edit: yes, indeed. seems to be a very fun map. sceneries add a plus. :) have you got it hosted anywhere? i'd like to try it out online.

Cookie.
December 7, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by ~SnipeR~uhhh... how do i actually make custom scenery work ?, where i need to "put" them ?
2Cookie: all teleporters are working, they just need a little practise.
i showed how to use them in demos, it becomes easy using them with time. Besides use of teleporters isnt necessary to get flag, u can use only jump-pads or even use nothing

I understand all of this, but using the teleporters isn't really an exact science, they are quite random. I just think you went a bit overkill with them. I think just ones above and below the flags, and 1 or 2 to launch you across the map would have been enough.

~SnipeR~
December 8, 2005, 11:34 am
2OutofOrder: sorry, i have no server, and if i try, the server will be very laggy.i have 128k connection, besides i live in Ukraine, and u, i presume, in another country;)

2Cookie: yes, indeed teleporters arent stable :( but i made many afforts to stabilize them and best results are in this map.
oh, by the way, i came to a serious problem when trying to make "side-teleporters" that can launch me across the map. they just dont work. I mean they work only like jumppads. maybe it is floor that slowes me down, i dont know :( if somebody can make "side-teleporters" please go[URL]and say how u done that.

0xSilentx0
December 10, 2005, 2:59 pm
Looks fun, Ill try it later

~SnipeR~
December 16, 2005, 8:59 pm
hey! new map! INF_sandsoftime. It has philosophic sense! it looks good! it has good gameplay!
what are u waiting for? see the screen and download it now from here or the first post!

map: (with scenery)
[URL]

screen:
[URL]

P.S.: strongly reccomend u to read readme. btw the map is minimum 2vs2

rabidhamster
December 17, 2005, 2:17 am
"PAST CAN'T BE RETURNED..."
yes, words of wisdom with much thought put into them.

i'm sorry, but you go waaaay overkill on the custom scenery stuff. in addition, the new sceneries are often big, non-soldatish, and unnessessarry. (hate that word)

and post the new map in a new topic.

~SnipeR~
December 17, 2005, 8:14 am
about phylosophic sense... did u actually read redme? there s a history of the map in it. And please, tell me howtf u indicate "non-soldatish" sceneryes? I love soldat mapmaking for freedom in expression of thougths.Also i think "unnessessarry" sceneryes are that sceneryes that prevent a full good use of gameplay(mine-not). And i also have to say that this map is based on teleporters and jump-pads so it suits the topic. the starting of a new topic would be flooding/spamming/whateva else that is bad and what u dont like :P

That One Guy
December 17, 2005, 9:37 pm
Interesting idea, I'd like to see this used in a different way... Like... Oh wait, how about Halo maps? They have teleporters. Now to only figure out how he did that.

-That One (confused) Guy