( search forums )
CTF Myanmar - by Rabble
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rabble
December 6, 2005, 10:46 pm
Info: Hey guys, yet another map from meh. I wanted to add it 2 the mapping contest for swamp maps, but since its to late and it doesnt look all that swampy (just a bit) i am just going to post it for people to see, and maybe add it to a competition later on. This map took me about 7 hours to complete, so please enjoy at will (lol). I do need a waypointer so if keron or who ever else from sml, plez help me out thnx.

Gameplay:The gameplay on this map is very good. The diverse land divits and scenery make it great for constant fighting, also adding the 3d look (scenery). The open spaces in the lower tunnel gives it great combat low, which alot of maps do not have these days.

Map Name: Ctf_Myanmar
Waypointed: No (Add me: SaInt_JoLLy@hotmail.com if you are able)
New Scenery: Yes 4
New Texture: Yes 1
Gamemodes: CTF, DM, TM, HTF, RAMBO, POINTMATCH
Creator: Rabble

Overview and Screens:

-[Overview]-
-[Screen 1]-
-[Screen 2]-
-[Screen 3]-
-[Screen 4]-

Download:

-[Ctf_Myanmar]-

>>>>EDIT: If the link did not work for you, or the file did not contain all of the neccessary files, it is now fixed. Rabble.

>>>>EDIT: if you have downloaded this map before 12/7/05, please do so again, i changed a few things and now it is final, thank you and sorry for the inconvienence. Rabble.

The Geologist
December 7, 2005, 12:07 am
o_O

How many maps have you made now?

I like this one a lot from the pictures. The texture might not be the most appropriate for the map, but that's minor. I like the streaching and your sceneries look very well placed. Nice basic layout that promotes good direct gameplay. Nice one!

Rabble
December 7, 2005, 12:38 am
My last map was ctf sleekia, but the problem with that map in my mind it was way to naked, there was no texture stretching, and minimal scenerie. That map was my first map since the begining of 1.2.1. So i decided to make another map, folowing a sort of swampy theme, and it came out just the way i wanted it to. Being a ruger user myself, i do not like small compact maps, the more open the map is, the more i like it. This is kind of funny because i dislike b2b, being an open map, but IMO b2b is a terrible default map =P. Also, in my mind i could have made the textures a little bit darker, but when i tried it, it took away the whole rocky texture theme, which is kind of what i intended, but didnt also (liking the swamp idea but it came out half swamp half rocky, but the grassy textures make it look alot better)

Keron Cyst
December 7, 2005, 1:21 am
How do you know the gameplay's good? Have others fragged wit' you online? You'll never know without 1337 bot wypts.! :-D I think I might tackle this one later (no guarantees, tho', what with my recently packed schedule).

GAMEOVER
December 7, 2005, 2:03 am
Wow, just awesome puttin this 1 on our pub server for a few you guys can try it out in the server provided in my sig.

Raptor
December 7, 2005, 4:46 am
I (honestly) don't like the texture. Nice layout though!

Rabble
December 7, 2005, 5:19 am
hmm. some people love it and some hate it, its really a matter of what you like. Also remeber to try it out on the SL public serevr, which can be found on Gameovers signature, it is uploaded on that server.

Keron: Wenever you get done with the wypnting just post it here nd ill update my post thanks.

OutofOrder
December 7, 2005, 10:32 pm
Addictive visuals. :P This is a kind of map i enjoy playing just by the looks, even when i don't like too direct layouts.
Gonna hope for more maps of yours :)

Rabble
December 7, 2005, 11:07 pm
lol you can always expect more maps from me, i get ideas everyday, but alot of the maps i start usually end up in the recycling bin, since i dont like the way they started. When i finish a map and publish it, it means i really like it =P

Also if you have dl'ed this map before today, please do so again i changed a few things, sorry for the inconvienence. Rabble.

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 12:55 am
I'm not from SML, and I haven't downloaded the map. I'm really busy this time of year. It's crazy how I can be on right now, even.

Rabble
December 8, 2005, 1:18 am
Sry i just assumed, being the great waypointer u are =P. Ne way if you EVER get the time ide really like it, if anyone else that i know and can trust making well made wayponts feel free to take upon the challenge, even though this map doesnt look that hard from my little experiance and knowledge of waypointing.

vash763
December 8, 2005, 1:43 am
I hate the texture. It just bugs me.

It reminds me of ctf_maya2, except you deleted a route and closed the top.

Nice though, I think it'll be kinda predictable with only two paths.

Rabble
December 8, 2005, 2:16 am
Hate is a very strong word XD. Ne ways, i guess it does remind me a bit of maya2, because of the spawning points and flag area, but i wanted it to only have the 2 paths to make it a direct gameplay, so basically you'll need skill to get by anyone on this map.

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 2:47 am
lol

Your filehoster lets people publicly remove the file from its server at any given moment :-D
*dls.*

EDIT The download only includes the .PMS. It screws up whenever I try to load it.

Rabble
December 8, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystlol

Your filehoster lets people publicly remove the file from its server at any given moment :-D
*dls.*

EDIT The download only includes the .PMS. It screws up whenever I try to load it.

ill change the host just because of that, and also, are you sure its only the .pms? when i click the link to the host page, and then i click download, it has all of the parts needed (Maps / Scenery -gfx / Textures)

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 3:23 am
Never mind. For some reason my computer failed to slap on a filetype.

Rabble
December 8, 2005, 3:29 am
hmm its weird i just uploaded it to the sml site, and wen i cliedk download, it only alows people to download the pms file only, when i specifically added the .zip file (made by the enesce map deployment wizard)

EDIT: Now try it... should work perfectly

m00`
December 8, 2005, 5:24 am
m says:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=29836
m says:
can u please do me a favor and post in there and say there was an error in the code which is now fixed, the download link is now fixed
m says:
thank you

Rabble
December 8, 2005, 8:18 pm
ok i fixed it, thnx for your amazing comments m00! (lol jk jk)

EDIT: nevermind i misread that, thank you m for fixing that.

Keron Cyst
December 12, 2005, 6:21 am
I lost the wypts. for it in toying around with a wypt.-supporting beta version of PW. Sorry. I'm starting Christmas Winter Break (to be politically correct ¬¬) next week, tho', so I'll be able to get a lot done then. Sorry again; that was my fault and my recklessness.

Rabble
December 13, 2005, 3:35 am
its ok bro im just happy that my map has been hosted and that i have a great waypointer waypnting my map. When ever you get done just poste it here. Thnx again. Rabble

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 8:50 pm
Wypted. PM sent.

http://h1.ripway.com/Keron%20Cyst/ctf_Myanmar.PMS