( search forums )
Soldat: Another Generic Comic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Kyklis
December 7, 2005, 9:53 pm
I got bored, again. I think this would be the third time i've tried to start a small series about Soldat, more or less, except I bailed on the last two. Hopefully I can keep this one going ( That is, as long as people actually enjoy it ;) ).

------------------------------------------
Soldat: Another Generic Comic, is basicly exactly what the title suggests. Just a random comic that I started drawing when I had nothing to do. There will probably be a loose plot, but this time around I want to try and concentrate more on some kind of humour. I have to awknowledge papasurf31 for his mod Neo-Soldat ( I used his interface pictures for the guns as weapons in the comic ), which is a mod that keeps the same default weapons, BUT gives them a major graphical makeover, which basicly makes everything look very, very good. The mod also gives the gosteks, parachute and stationary gun new graphics, which look just as good as the weapons. The mod is here:[URL], and I suggest you download it. Oh, and I am well aware that I also used FMBM's Interface Guns in my last comic. I have tried to draw the guns before, but I'm absolutely horrible at it, so you don't need to make any comments about my incompetence :). Now, on to the comics.
-------------------------------------------
Comic #1 "Defending": [URL]

Comments and Suggestions appreciated. ( 3-6 word posts saying the comic either " sucks balls " or " Is 1337/cool " are NOT appreaciated )

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 11:40 pm
not bad... it got a little weird tho Oo

Kyklis
December 8, 2005, 1:07 am
Agreed, it was a little weird. I read it again and noticed it x.X. However, in the following comics it should be more normal. Well, I suppose you now have the creepy looking AK though :P.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 1:26 am
I really liked it. Nice clown afro, too.

nfsjunkie91
December 8, 2005, 1:51 am
lol, pretty funny, conitnue making these! it might be as good as some other topics.

xtishereb
December 8, 2005, 2:06 am
Uh...

I don't really get it.

It's interesting. I like the art style, but it's a little slow. I did like the ninje crawling on the frame, though.

_Mancer_
December 8, 2005, 2:11 am
I love the drawings.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 2:17 am
It was moderately sane until his helmet popped off. Then it got a bit weird.

But yeah, it is a good style.

Kyklis
December 8, 2005, 3:03 am
Meep: Clown afros are the best :).
nfsjunkie91: Eh, it's a mild possibility, especially when you look at how the adventures of soldat started out.
xtishereb: Depends on your kind of humor I suppose. As for the frame, I usually like to involve it being used in some way at least ONCE in each comic series I do.
Mancer: Thanks :). It's a very simple, easy to make design, yet it looks good in a cartoony way, to me anyways.
KamikaziCow: Agreed, and thank you.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 7:37 pm
*Stares at nfsjunkie91's sig*

<Mister Angry> Everytime you murder a Soldat with a Barret,
a poor little kitten dies. Please my fellow soldiers, save the kittens!
If only ppl dumb knew stupid they were how...

Hey...wait a minute...

By the way, Nice comic, Made me chuckle.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 1:36 pm
The link is dont working can you host in the Image shack

rabidhamster
December 17, 2005, 3:33 pm
yes, the link is don't working.

Kyklis
December 20, 2005, 12:11 am
It IS working now. The place I hosted it at was down for a bit that day.

rabidhamster
December 20, 2005, 6:29 am
erm, it's a bit odd... i'm only talking about the green flag, the rest made perfect sense.

Raptor
December 21, 2005, 1:10 am
WHA TA FA? It is cool!!

santa
December 25, 2005, 12:06 am
tat was a sensational experience.

a-4-year-old
December 25, 2005, 1:06 am
WHUMPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i loved the smile on the guy's face when he is about to be stabified!
and of course the whumpf. and the refrence to "back in 74"
and teh clown thing. and the ninga! and everything else was awsome to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"and they where all like 'oh noes!' and i was all like 'HA HA HA'"

santa
December 25, 2005, 4:48 am
lol i feel sorry for the flag defender.