( search forums )
Stop the silent killer!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 9:03 am
Alright guys...in the past few days it's become increasingly clear that we have a growing problem on our hands. I've told a few of my friends in town here, as well as friends and family, but now I feel I should pass the word on to you. This is a pretty urgent message on my part, and I hope you take the time to read through my post to get the true depth of what's going on here. We have a crisis on our hands and we need to take a stand. As a geologist, a profession which goes hand in hand with the environment and its health, this crisis concerns me very much and I hope some of you are of a maturity to share my concern.

I've considered some of the people around here to be pretty up to speed on current issues, so I can trust you've heard about recent dihydrogen monoxide scares? We've known about it for years now. In 1991 there were 4,100 Americans alone killed by dihydrogen monoxide, many under the age of ten. In 2000, there were 3,482 known deaths caused by it in America, meaning this silent killer claimed an average of nine people per day in my country and most likely many times more worldwide. And what's really suprising is it's all around you. It's in ALL of our polluted rivers, ponds, and even our oceans. Testing has found it at both the North and South poles. Even contaminated groundwater and acid rain have this deadly substance which continues to claim lives to this very day. It contributes to injuries due to falls as well as many more due to burns on a yearly basis and claims victims of any age, rage, or nationality. This killer knows no boundaries.

This is obviously a horrible situation that needs to be stopped today. Now, I don't often step out and take a stand like this, but you can help! I'm asking you to take a stand and join a petition myself and others are taking part in to gather support to fuel the movement to rid our planet of this silent killer once and for all. Even one life needlessly lost is too much, and I think everyone on here would agree with that. It doesn't take much. Just write your email in this topic and I'll send you a link to the petition. It's not a referal site :p, you can trust me on that one. Just click on a box, write in your name, and you're done. One more person taking a stand against a growing problem.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Thanks guys, I knew I could count on this community.

Chakra`
December 8, 2005, 9:10 am
Sure why the heck not.

chak_red@hotmail.com

Zero72
December 8, 2005, 9:13 am
zero72@chilitech.net

m00`
December 8, 2005, 9:15 am
m00rox@gmail.com

Green Barret
December 8, 2005, 9:51 am
al4mayor@daum.net

Milkman Dan
December 8, 2005, 10:15 am
CLIFF NOTES PLEASE

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 10:46 am
tromso_89@hotmail.com

Veritas
December 8, 2005, 10:59 am
"dihydrogen monoxide"

Damn, am I the only one around here that knows what that is?

frogboy
December 8, 2005, 11:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Veritas"dihydrogen monoxide"

Damn, am I the only one around here that knows what that is?
No, I know what it is too.

People, I'm not usually serious, but this is a danger to the environment and our lives. We need to get rid of dihydrogen monoxide.

splodger[url][/url]75@gmail,com

Denacke
December 8, 2005, 11:34 am
Nice initiative, ain't putting my mail here so robots can grab it out of the interweb though.

I'd prefer a PM if possible :o

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 11:59 am
Ooh I know. 2 H : O Pwnaagee.

rockypup99@yahoo.com

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 12:12 pm
You've got my support.

Does removing it have any negative side effects?

frogboy
December 8, 2005, 12:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliDoes removing it have any negative side effects?
Apparently people who are addicted to it have withdrawl symptoms and can die within 168 hours.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 12:29 pm
damdasbam@hotmail.com

dascoo@gmail.com

TheFunktopus
December 8, 2005, 12:48 pm
nicketh@gmail.com

Hitman
December 8, 2005, 1:12 pm
Ah man, you guys are so stupid.

Captain Ben
December 8, 2005, 1:24 pm
I'll PM you my email.

[CENSORED] it: i_like_mangoes@hotmail.com

Hitman, why are we stoopedh?

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 1:28 pm
MSN address?

grand_diablo
December 8, 2005, 1:31 pm
kickercup@gmail.com

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 2:56 pm
Ahahahahahaha this is good.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 4:10 pm
suddenly, I feel tricked.

n00bface
December 8, 2005, 4:21 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_Monoxide

losertards lmaox.

edit: also denacke, you have to be logged into view the lounge, so bots can't grab your email.

Cookie.
December 8, 2005, 4:28 pm
Sigh you ruined it n00bface :P At least your n0t dumb like everrryone else :D

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 4:32 pm
I second that.

:D

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 4:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by HitmanAh man, you guys are so stupid.

Not all of them, some are just playing along.

TheFunktopus
December 8, 2005, 4:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_Monoxide

losertards lmaox.

edit: also denacke, you have to be logged into view the lounge, so bots can't grab your email.

YOU RUINED IT! *cries*

Vid3o
December 8, 2005, 7:36 pm
I never trusted water.

nfsjunkie91
December 8, 2005, 7:36 pm
nfsjunkie91@yahoo.com

n00bface
December 8, 2005, 7:40 pm

lithium
December 8, 2005, 8:05 pm
Monoxide is teh scary.

whiteflight6@hotmail.com

The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 8:08 pm
Yar har har. ^_^ Never trust a science guy.

lithium
December 8, 2005, 8:14 pm
Silence, Bill Nye is teh pawn.

The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 8:18 pm
Yes, but can you really trust him? ke ke ke..

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 8:26 pm
quote:From n00bface's Wikipedia link
... Withdrawal by those addicted to the substance causes certain death within 168 hours;

Nevertheless, governments and corporations continue using it widely, heedless of its grave dangers.

OMF... xD

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 8:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYar har har. ^_^ Never trust a science guy.

AARH! *throws away geology book and picks up Bible*

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 8:52 pm
well finally i just read what was going on, and just 3 days ago my friend told me about this thing.......so meh i thought we were all just putting our email down...

The Geologist
December 8, 2005, 8:53 pm
So you fell for it twice 'eh?

karmazon
December 8, 2005, 9:15 pm
hey guys if you dont repost this in 10 minutes, something bad will happen tomorrow at 10:00 and you will have bad luck for 2 years

Vid3o
December 8, 2005, 9:16 pm
!

oh noes!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 8, 2005, 9:22 pm
dascoo@gmail.com

Rhombus
December 8, 2005, 9:55 pm
lol, this is funny :)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 8, 2005, 9:57 pm
whiteflight6@hotmail.com

Vid3o
December 8, 2005, 9:58 pm
Lithium never signs onto MSN

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 11:47 pm
azntrashcan@gmail.com yay.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 2:29 am
Alright guys...in the past few days it's become increasingly clear that we have a growing problem on our hands. I've told a few of my friends in town here, as well as friends and family, but now I feel I should pass the word on to you. This is a pretty urgent message on my part, and I hope you take the time to read through my post to get the true depth of what's going on here. We have a crisis on our hands and we need to take a stand. As a geologist, a profession which goes hand in hand with the environment and its health, this crisis concerns me very much and I hope some of you are of a maturity to share my concern.

I've considered some of the people around here to be pretty up to speed on current issues, so I can trust you've heard about recent dihydrogen monoxide scares? We've known about it for years now. In 1991 there were 4,100 Americans alone killed by dihydrogen monoxide, many under the age of ten. In 2000, there were 3,482 known deaths caused by it in America, meaning this silent killer claimed an average of nine people per day in my country and most likely many times more worldwide. And what's really suprising is it's all around you. It's in ALL of our polluted rivers, ponds, and even our oceans. Testing has found it at both the North and South poles. Even contaminated groundwater and acid rain have this deadly substance which continues to claim lives to this very day. It contributes to injuries due to falls as well as many more due to burns on a yearly basis and claims victims of any age, rage, or nationality. This killer knows no boundaries.

This is obviously a horrible situation that needs to be stopped today. Now, I don't often step out and take a stand like this, but you can help! I'm asking you to take a stand and join a petition myself and others are taking part in to gather support to fuel the movement to rid our planet of this silent killer once and for all. Even one life needlessly lost is too much, and I think everyone on here would agree with that. It doesn't take much. Just write your email in this topic and I'll send you a link to the petition. It's not a referal site :p, you can trust me on that one. Just click on a box, write in your name, and you're done. One more person taking a stand against a growing problem.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Thanks guys, I knew I could count on this community.

Rabble
December 9, 2005, 3:36 am
SaInT_JoLLy@hotmail.com

got my support one of my best friends gandparents died from this... =\ its relly sad

m00`
December 9, 2005, 4:40 am
quote:brought to widespread public attention in 1997, when Nathan Zohner, a 14-year-old student, gathered petitions to ban "DHMO" as the basis of his science project, titled "How Gullible Are We?".

Kazuki
December 9, 2005, 5:01 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's funny because the facts are probably true, and you'd have to be really f*cking stupid to be killed by it in your own home.

peemonkey
December 9, 2005, 5:48 am
i read the first post and though "dead thread, people know what water is", but i scroll past the [CENSORED]loads of addresses, and see there's 3 [CENSORED]ing pages. shame on you fellas, most of you are in school, so should know what the hell H2O represents...

frogboy
December 9, 2005, 6:11 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyso should know what the hell H2O represents...
Ooooooh, it's carbon, isn't it?

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 6:18 am
its aids

peemonkey
December 9, 2005, 6:32 am
i just farted so asty style. wet warm and deadly

n00bface
December 9, 2005, 7:24 am
leave your offtopic spam to the bashpit plz

TheFunktopus
December 9, 2005, 1:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by peemonkeyso should know what the hell H2O represents...
Ooooooh, it's carbon, isn't it?

Both of you are wrong! It's spelled 2 H : O and it's the chemical symbol for happiness.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 2:12 pm
I thought it was the chemical symbol for two prostitutes.
Santa Pimp wants his 2 H : 0's!

SuperKill
December 9, 2005, 4:04 pm
you're not alone
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/dhmofoot.htm

anyway karma, it's more like
IF U DNT PASS DIS 2 UR LUV 1'S U R GNNA STAY ALONE 4EVA!!

Rhombus
December 9, 2005, 4:07 pm
lol swazo is right! neway H2O may cause serious injuries or death occurances, due to drowning or falling of a cliff, blinded by the rain.