did do a simple, but not to deep search for any past
topics concerning my idea.

I simply think you should be rewarded in points for
returning the flag. Its a hard thing to do depending
on the players, campers ect.

This might make the game funner and I dont see why
this cannot be included in the game. =] Surely maybe
a few points is good enough.

Any ideas on how many points if it could be included in the game?
And if anyone else thinks this should be included in the game? =]

EDIT: Alright, for people who are not into reading
the posts below, look:

- We should remove the whole 'bullets hitting the flag
and making it fall off thing. I wonder why Michal put this
in the game lol. So, he should make it so when you shoot
at the flag, nothing should happen.
- For the hungry seeking points that some of us Soldaterians are,
returning the flag should be rewarded by something.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 12:27 am
well, u can abuse it by repeadetly shooting the flag off the flagspawn and retrieve it 100 times, but I guess that could be fixed somehow (flag not responding to bullets) but I dunno... im not all for it.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 12:37 am
This has in fact been suggested before, though I'm not sure how long ago that might have been.

As for the idea itself, I don't find it necessary. I don't even think people should gets points for caps, it should just have the main score at the side.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 2:28 am
If they also implemented a fix on bullets being able to push the flag, then I think a good 5 points for every return wouldnt be such a bad idea. My reason being, people who return the flag usually never get much notice for returning it in contrast to the newbie who probably just picked up the flag after the efc and an enemy killed themselves, and capped 4 seconds after picking it up, or the guy with 10 caps and 3 kills / 40 deaths.

Good idea. ^^

Rabble
December 9, 2005, 3:39 am
i like xta's idea very much, while i play in scrim's with other clans, alot of times i come in last because i keep on returning the flag, and more of defending/killing oncoming enemies, while my other teamates rush for the score.

Implement would be nice XD

Echo_Trail
December 9, 2005, 7:11 am
i agree with xta and rabble!.. 'tis irritating when you really do a hard job defending, and some moron who just runs randomly around, get's higher score!
I have a few ideas though:
-A follow-up on driven's idea - i think 'tis a very good idea! usually the returner don't really get enough credit, for doing what is sometimes harder than actually capturing the flag. i see the problem with someone just blasting away the flag, but if that was somehow fixed, i would be all for this idea.
-In CTF, the points you're awardet for cap. + score should be reduced to.. 15 perhaps? That way, you can still keep up abit, even if you didn't capture alot. Capturing would still pay of though... 15+ is still a nice thing to get in!
-A third suggestion would be to seperate the points you get for capturing, and the points you get for killing. They could be added up together in the end, or the cap+score points could just be added as team points!
i dunno.. what do you say?
echo out

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:41 pm
Yeah. Probably, though I think this would be cool :o. I like getting at the top of the charts, and looking good 8)

The gun not hitting the flag would be a great thing... I like it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 10, 2005, 5:45 pm
I dont see why we just cant separate the scoreboard into categories. Kills, Deaths, Suicides, Captures, Returns, Total Score. That would be cool, because you could actually see how well someone did. Maybe it could even show their k:d ratio.

person
December 10, 2005, 6:06 pm
^^ I agree. But maybe it'd take up too much space on the screen...

bond_james_bond
December 10, 2005, 7:26 pm
what about points for killing the EFC?

December 11, 2005, 12:33 am
too much already

but a flag cap/flag return score on the scoreboard would be appreciated.

headstone
December 11, 2005, 12:34 am
Maybe double points for killing an EFC would be good.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 1:54 am
who gives a [CENSORED] about points?

GAMEOVER
December 11, 2005, 2:57 am
This really should be implemented its harder a lot of times to get the flag back then it is to actually grab it and score in the 1st place.

Messiah
December 11, 2005, 5:45 am
k first of please search next time before you post a topic, secondly i really feel this is not neccasry at all because so many people, would abuse this in U13, Optiks etc. Any public server basically, they would shoot it away, and return, shoot it away and return etc you get the picture? People will do anything to get points and this will kinda allow people to [CENSORED].

Echo_Trail
December 11, 2005, 11:31 am
when playing CTF or INF, i usually leave the capping to others, if possible. It's cool how you can sometimes keep up to the cappers just by killing!..
this idea should go through!

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Messiahk first of please search next time before you post a topic, secondly i really feel this is not neccasry at all because so many people, would abuse this in U13, Optiks etc. Any public server basically, they would shoot it away, and return, shoot it away and return etc you get the picture? People will do anything to get points and this will kinda allow people to [CENSORED].

Its pretty obvious you skipped the whole reading. And you skipped everyones post. And you skipped the whole ideas we gathered. And Yes I did search. And If I missed something, please show me smarty. =]

Stalky, but thats not what my post is about.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI dont see why we just cant separate the scoreboard into categories. Kills, Deaths, Suicides, Captures, Returns, Total Score. That would be cool, because you could actually see how well someone did. Maybe it could even show their k:d ratio.

This suggestion has been put forward before, and personally declined by MM. His reason is that transferring data on flag returns, suicides, and separating kills and caps, will cause the data load of client to server to increase substantially, which could in turn cause more lag and packet loss.

EDIT: DrivenUnder, I quoted MikeShinoda and addressed his post, not yours.

Chonoryoku
December 11, 2005, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zamorakwho gives a [CENSORED] about points?
Everyone, it seems. What really matters is whether your team wins or loses, not how many points you get, or how good your K:D ratio is. -.-

santa
December 24, 2005, 5:10 am
yeah its a good idea, maybe 5 points?

dr.ON
December 24, 2005, 11:12 pm
better 2 give points 4 killing efc

Messiah
December 28, 2005, 2:23 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderquote:Originally posted by Messiahk first of please search next time before you post a topic, secondly i really feel this is not neccasry at all because so many people, would abuse this in U13, Optiks etc. Any public server basically, they would shoot it away, and return, shoot it away and return etc you get the picture? People will do anything to get points and this will kinda allow people to [CENSORED].

Its pretty obvious you skipped the whole reading. And you skipped everyones post. And you skipped the whole ideas we gathered. And Yes I did search. And If I missed something, please show me smarty. =]

Stalky, but thats not what my post is about.

k first off, who the [CENSORED] are you? Secondly people would find some way to abuse this, CTF is fine the way it is 20 points for both teams on each cap, and 1 point for each kill plain and simple.

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:55 am
I consider the points for getting the flag are useless. What counts is the team points.

Get the flag scored, I don't care who does it.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 5:28 am
Well then thats your idea Messiah, how about you do me a favor and go make a topic about it. Thanks for your own little idea though.

Yeah Tek your right..

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:36 am
Gaining points for returning the flag wouldn't be right for Soldat. If there was such thing plotted in, then players will have the free will to constantly shoot / bomb at their own flags to budge it out of place, and returning it. Secondly, it's pointless / worthless because returning your stolen flag is not important at all.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 2:46 am
DeLarge, I said in my post that maybe Michal can make it so the FLAG WONT BE SHOT AWAY.

Points for retruning the flag is a great idea.

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 5:15 am
Apologies, I guess I'm too late for the topic.

quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder
Points for retruning the flag is a great idea.

No it is not.

Cookie.
December 29, 2005, 6:25 am
I don't think there should be points for returning the flag either.. For example on maps like Kampf and the old Death... you could get the flag but you would usually die a few inches away from it, so returning it wouldn't be such a big deal to deserve the extra points.

- Tek -
December 29, 2005, 7:23 pm
Might as well give me points for respawning too, and a message on the screen that says "Don't give up , princess!"

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 9:15 pm
There should be no points for returning the flag.