( search forums )
SAW riddle maps -> NEED A MAPPER<-
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
karmazon
December 9, 2005, 3:40 am
Okay last night before i went to sleep i thought of a pretty cool idea.
People who have seen the movie "Saw" will know what the [CENSORED] is going on.

Ok so basically the map(or big parts of it) will all be made of a polys that take away your life slowly to simulate the "slow acting poison".

This is something i thought up quickly cause i dont really have time:

[IMAGE]

ok so basically the first part is this guessing type of thing like you see in many climbing maps, where you have to fall through a block, but some of them are deadly so you have to make a choice(deadly ones are marked with X, normal are green, the ones you fall through are white) then you go and crawl under a deadly block(yeah whatever, couldnt think of anything now), and then theres stairs, but one of them is fake, and you start falling(but you cant see where you're falling because the poly's covering it are on the first layer or whatever you call it) and at the bottom its finally uncovered and you see the spikes, boom headshot. And then you survive and theres flags bla bla bla. If you want it to be hardcore SAW than make it survival mode.

Oh and this is not an idea for one map, this is just to start the SAW riddle maps, i want your freaking opinions cause i know the good mappers can come up with things 40348 times better than me.

paramud
December 9, 2005, 3:48 am
Thats a good idea.
A really good idea actually.
Would be great with a mod, With the spawn sound made into "Hello... I want to play a little game."

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 3:49 am
There's an awesome climbing map out there just like this. You have to find the numeric code that will tell you the right way to get through a deadly part of the map. I can't remember the name of it though, but it had Mario sceneries in it. I remember that much.

Edit:I also think this idea is good.

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 5:44 am
Now I just need a good mapper to work with me *hintigy hint*

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 5:52 am
;)

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 5:57 am
omg muppet spammer

quote: Bumping, usless spam, "...", one word posts or repeated posting in the same or different forum sections (in order to increase your post count) is not allowed, and will get you banned real quick.

Wanna do this map ?

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 8:03 am
if itd earn me some respect from you, perhaps I just may.

The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 8:13 am
Since I'll be on break soon I'd be interested. The basic idea seems pretty good but perhaps aa bit too bare bones.

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 9:59 am
im almost done with it ...im trying to fix this stupid map bug however.

Veritas
December 9, 2005, 1:13 pm
Crap idea, what you've there is trial and error, no riddle at all, intelligence wouldn't get you through this map, an average memory would be enough however.

"Ooops, I died, well I guess I won't step on that block again."

It's just plain stupid, if there actually was a riddle involved, then yes, I'd like this idea, but the closest thing to a riddle you've shown us so far has been "step on random sh*t and die".

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 1:41 pm
http://sml.u13.net/index.php?p=mapdl&map=18

you can make riddles on the forums as hints

or make scenery hints.

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 11:24 pm
zomg as i said i just presented basic idea for series of maps, i drew that in like .2 seconds because i had to go, i just want to start a new type of maps gooosh

oh yeah what i also thought is to make that "over the rainbow" clue with the blocks(and color the blocks accordingly) and also somewhere along the way make an "x mark the spot" comment and put an x on the ceiling and below it would be a fake poly, where you fall into a pit

so [CENSORED]ing give me your ideas, not feedback on the crappy drawing i did kapisz ?

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 11:50 pm
...i did ur map

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 11:52 pm
omgz

Soulsnipa
December 10, 2005, 12:07 am
join (WM)! SML Custom Maps server.