( search forums )
Money tourneys?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Kekuso
December 9, 2005, 1:25 pm
Would you play soldat money tourneys where all players pay a registration fee, then the three best or something get the money? There would be an admin watching all the time because vote kicking wouldnt be on. This would make the game much more serious because players wouldnt wanna loose their money. So all hackers, tk'ers, idiots generally, would stay out. And then theres the price pot to fight for. What do you think?

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 1:29 pm
Technically this is gambling, and could be considered illegal. :)

But [CENSORED] that....I had this idea a while ago, though never had the balls or care to get anything like that underway. Would doubtlessly require alot of work.

One thing I can say for it though: I had a game, a duel in Soldat, for money. 5 whole dollars!

Was only a small amount of cash, but the adrenalin rush was amazing. It's hard to explain to those not aquainted with the thrills of gambling, but it added a greater sense of loss or gain to the game by 10 fold. I won by about 2 points, even though the fecker camped in bushes towards the end on Krab, but he kept his side of the bargain like an honourable gentlemen and paypal'd the amount.

lithium
December 9, 2005, 1:47 pm
NEGATORY

People are way too competitive in many cases already, no need to make it worse by baiting them with cash. Plus it's illegal.

Kekuso
December 9, 2005, 1:49 pm
Well i could do the organisation if i got like 10-20% of the price pot :)...

Kekuso
December 9, 2005, 1:51 pm
Dang :(... I was hoping to earn some easy cash :P

Sakae
December 9, 2005, 1:54 pm
I like the idea, and technically (in my mind) it's a competition.
the most competitions have registration fee's. well this is my opinion about this "Money Tournament"

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 2:11 pm
There already is somekinda tournament like this www.realsoldat-liga.de.vu
the winner of the RSL get 40?
the second 20?

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 2:18 pm
Nice, but it needs a little more info Vito. Where are the rules, and who's paying for it? and how?

The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 5:47 pm
We need another $5 grand prize like the last cash tourney! Yay for cash tourneys that never pay out when people get beat!

Meandor
December 9, 2005, 8:13 pm
There are so many problems with this that I won't even start listing them. And at least first start off with a normal league that isn't a clone of TNL/SCTFL.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:48 pm
id suggest doing a couple of comps befroe goin straight into a money one to give you an idea of what your asking for

MisterX
December 9, 2005, 10:50 pm
I agree with Lithium. Soldat still gives many possibilities for laming. There is already much laming in leagues and cups in which you can't win anything, for example TNL or SCTFL. Now if there'd be prices, fair matches just wouldn't be possible anymore, because of [CENSORED]heads who don't care about fun but only the prices.