( search forums )
Where do you work?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hitman
December 9, 2005, 4:25 pm
I think about a year ago I posted a topic about my job and seeing as it's been a while I thought I might make another one as well as asking you lot about yours.

A couple of months ago I started working for the same catering company (as a waiter) again seeing as I need money as well as an interesting job. I can honestly say I love it, I've made a lot of friends there so most of the time it's a laugh; I go to work and come back in a great mood. We do silver service, high-profile events for the rich, famous and royalty. Speaking of which, I'm going to show you some examples of the more interesting, recent events we've been doing.

Save the Children ? Fundraiser
2 days ago we did a Save the Children. As you can see it was pretty impressive.

[IMAGE]

Porsches' launch of their new Car - The Cayman S.
For a whole week Porsche in the UK was having a host of events around the country in their showrooms, with about four taking place each day. Each individual waiter obviously only did one a day. Haven't got any pictures for this one I'm afraid but I have got the site.

British Fashion Awards 2005
Not a very publicised event but still a high-profile one: Click. Lots of sexy ladies as well as lots of old, un-sexy ladies trying to be sexy. *Shudder*

A1 Grand Prix - Brands hatch, London
A couple of weeks ago we did a big event for the Brands Hatch racing circuit in London. We catered the VIP section for the teams. I was the waiter for the Swiss table; I made sure I got on that table! I was hoping I could get some massive tips by speaking German to them but unfortunately they were all from the French part of Switzerland. Bastards.

Christmas 2005 Planit Events
We've also been doing an event which is happening everyday till Christmas. They have different themes for each party. Once again, another visually impressive event, although most of our big events are.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Booking Jobs

Booking jobs couldn't be simpler. If you want to work all you do is call up the office and ask them what jobs they have available. They always have at least 2 or 3 jobs taking place each day. They tell you the details of the job(s) (Mainly where in London it is and what the times are) and you decide whether or not you want to do it. They also call you up if you're available on a day (will get to that later) and they have a job they'd like you to work on. You can, however, still say no.

You also get your own account on their site. This displays the jobs you are booked on and the recent news:

[IMAGE]

Clicking on the jobs brings up a little window with its details such as these:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Also, there is a page where you can update you're availability:

[IMAGE]

There are others but they aren't in important.

Throughout the two years of working for this company I've severed countless amounts of celebraties, important people in the financial buisness as well as royal folk. So, now that I've told you what my job is why don't you tell me what yours is. Don't just go "I work at Arbys"; tell us a little bit about it.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 4:31 pm
So, what exactly do you do?

edit: oh

ps. lol

Hitman
December 9, 2005, 4:46 pm
quote:working for the same catering company (as a waiter)

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 5:01 pm
haan!!

i'm a electrician.. thats a MAN job.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 5:04 pm
I work an assembly line for air regulators and electrical control boxes for heavy machinery. Woohoo...

ThaD
December 9, 2005, 5:30 pm
-->> www.axpol.com.pl <<--

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 5:37 pm
I dont work and thats the way I like it... when time comes, I'll be a freelancer webdesigner/Flash animator (or tis my dream ;D)

peemonkey
December 9, 2005, 6:09 pm
i sit on my ass either at home or in the building the next street over in front of a computer writing up lists and some other crap for a radio station. best job ill ever have :D

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 6:21 pm
I'm a carer for my mother, so I work at home. Pay ain't so hot but someone's gotta.

She's disabled with numerous things...emphasema, raynards, sjoren's syndrome, etc... not completely incapable, but I basically take care of her and the house, manage her prescription, and so on. Cuts into my social life like a [CENSORED] though, so I usually keep in contact with my friends on msn and irc, and keep in touch with you guys and this place whenever I get a bit of spare time. Wake up at 5am ready for when she gets up and check up on webcomics, email, and todays news while I sip my coffee, get a little more time in the afternoon when I get her tanked up on valium for a nap, then she goes to bed around 8 at night so I get a fair share of the evening to myself. Otherwise, I help her get about the house, take her out, manage her prescription every 2 hours (I got more drugs than what you smuggled up your arse from Holland), cook, manage bills, etc..
S'bit stressful or frustrating at times, as she can be fairly difficult at times. Still we get on pretty well despite.

edit: by the way, if you're ever waitering for Ricky Gervais, do me a favour...spill something hot on his lap. I [CENSORED]ing hate that [CENSORED]!

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHhaan!!

you seem like your 10 years old.....i plan on becoming a pilot, or anything to do with flight, seems to be the thing i'm really good at

Meandor
December 9, 2005, 10:25 pm
I work my way into your mother.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 9, 2005, 10:30 pm
I am a chef at a resturaunt called McAlisters -> http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/

The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHhaan!!

I feel sorry for the sucker that hires you to do his wiring.

I had jobs in my teens and early twenties, but I've moved past jobs and onto the search for a career. Many times better than a job. Long term work in the oil or exploration industry is where I'm headed.

papasurf31
December 9, 2005, 11:56 pm
I work part time at a convenience store. The pay is low, but i don't really need the money, and I get to work with my friends, get free food, and buy lottery tickets under-age :D

I've already won $245, and only spent about $40!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by HHHhaan!!

Long term work in the oil or exploration industry is where I'm headed.

well, biologist.. you are heading for the right path.. philthy [CENSORED] work is where philthy [CENSORED] people belong.

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
I had jobs in my teens and early twenties, but I've moved past jobs and onto the search for a career. Many times better than a job. Long term work in the oil or exploration industry is where I'm headed.

:o

So you're going to have to leave that street-roaming, leather-wearing, long-haired biker gang?

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:15 am
I've traded in my leathers for a kashmere sports jacket and more pimp clothes. The gang will live on without me.

@ HHH - You really think of yourself like that?

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:32 am
@ The graphist - no, i think of you like that.

i'm just kidding, man..

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:40 am
lol..good. I've seen too many people, friends included, set themselves up for defeat with mindsets like that. Kinda hard to tell sometimes.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:05 am
i change my mind im joining the power rangers at 15

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:13 am
You can be the Mauve ranger. God I hate Mauve.

SuperKill
December 10, 2005, 11:57 am
that's what i call free advertising.

i was working at a manpower management team for this place called "kings' city"
[IMAGE]

m00`
December 10, 2005, 12:26 pm
[IMAGE]

i work at my office in this m00net fortress at the highest tower, we recieve phone calls about uploads 24/7 its a hard business you know, we earn over 2 billion dollars a year and are currently trying to sue imageshack

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:49 pm
I don't work my daddy is rich.

?
December 10, 2005, 5:51 pm
I am working at Arby's www.arbys.com I am looking for a better job to support me while I work on making my name known in my town as a stand-up comedian and while I write my book.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 10:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dI don't work my daddy is rich.

How fun it will be when you have to move into the real world.

lithium
December 10, 2005, 10:53 pm
I work at a Cenex gas station, best [CENSORED]ing job ever.

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2005, 11:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`
i work at my office in this m00net fortress at the highest tower, we recieve phone calls about uploads 24/7 its a hard business you know, we earn over 2 billion dollars a year and are currently trying to sue imageshack

Your PR guy sucks.

I'm currently unemployed (best job in the universe). I previously worked at a daycare. Taking care of twenty-six smelly, raging kids (who were only put under your supervision because their own parents couldn't handle them) through swimming, hiking, climbing, running, and eating for eight and nine hours straight while being absolutely unable to physically harm the children in any way is one of the toughest jobs in the world.

You begin to find interesting and sadistic ways to entertain yourself. Like telling the kids that they'll find free candy in my co-worker's bra. Or stealing their lunch and blaming it on the fat kid, then punishing the fat kid because he stole everyone's food.

I was the best day care professional ever.

m00`
December 10, 2005, 11:47 pm
whats a pr guy

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2005, 11:48 pm
Public relations.

m00`
December 10, 2005, 11:49 pm
oh you mean me lolol okey :D

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by aznbl00dI don't work my daddy is rich.

How fun it will be when you have to move into the real world.

Haha you don't quite get it. I work my ass off on all my classes and instruments and I'm don't act like a rich American [CENSORED]. ^^

December 11, 2005, 12:48 am
Im planning to do tutoring in ICT, the students in my school SUCK at ICT. honestly, they don't even know how to open Microsoft Access... let alone use I.E (yeesh)

lot's of income, especially since the teachers won't tell us anything, and if they do, it's either:
a) incredible retarded
or
b) incredibly pointless

and the SATs are coming up in february (not american sats, the british ones)

Zero72
December 11, 2005, 6:24 am
I'm a second-shift machine operator at the only USA plant for Leclerc Foods (Uninformative website: www.leclerc.ca , I think.) I'm the last step on the granola line: Casing. I work with the two most sophisticated robots on the east coast, so I've heard, along with other things necessary, like a pair of machines responsible for gluing cases, and a machine that puts them on pallets, among other stuff. I fix stuff when it goes wrong, mostly. On some days, it's really pretty uneventful, but on other days, when everything wants to go wrong at once just to cheese you off, it'll definitely have most people jumping up and down, screeching and throwing excrement at things. It's been described by a co-worker as "thrown to the sharks," and I've also heard several variations of "They couldn't pay me enough for your position."

There are worse places to work. Several people there say I could have a serious career ahead of me at the company. Like most everything else, I'm playing it by ear.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 7:42 am
You guys make my job seem oh-so [CENSORED]ty.
I work at Kawana Surf Club, selling raffles tickets. It's my first job ever, and I've been keeping it up for the last two years. It used to pay awesomely, but then my sister got me demoted, in which my pay was halved so now I only earn ten bucks an hour. Sure, that may seem like a bit, but I only work 2-3 hours a week. I also fill buckets with ice and get abused by old people. People who win more than one meat tray usually give me one as a thanks and also give me chocolate bars from the machine.

But as right now, I'm in an alternative account, and in Papua New Guinea, so I can't work. It's enough of a job getting up before 12.

The Geologist
December 11, 2005, 7:45 am
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d

Haha you don't quite get it. I work my ass off on all my classes and instruments and I'm don't act like a rich American [CENSORED]. ^^

Nah, I get it. Classes are fine, yet not a job or career, and supporting yourself is something entirely different.

SuperKill
December 11, 2005, 11:19 am
quote:Originally posted by lithiumI work at a Cenex gas station, best [CENSORED]ing job ever.

used to work in a gas station myself, and i agree that it's one of the best, simple jobs ever.
even better when working with friends.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by aznbl00d

Nah, I get it. Classes are fine, yet not a job or career, and supporting yourself is something entirely different.

I know what you mean. The only problem is I'm 13. =]

lithium
December 11, 2005, 4:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillquote:Originally posted by lithiumI work at a Cenex gas station, best [CENSORED]ing job ever.

used to work in a gas station myself, and i agree that it's one of the best, simple jobs ever.

Exactly. My bud Nate works there too so we basically just [CENSORED] around all afternoon and get paid for it.

Cookie.
December 11, 2005, 7:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by lithiumquote:Originally posted by SuperKillquote:Originally posted by lithiumI work at a Cenex gas station, best [CENSORED]ing job ever.

Exactly. My bud Nate works there too so we basically just [CENSORED] around all afternoon and get paid for it.

Its the exact same working as a grocery cart pusher guy :P

vash763
December 12, 2005, 2:51 pm
I'm gonna be working at a friends bar. That'll be my first job.