( search forums )
SOLDAT 1.3.1 RELEASED
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
December 9, 2005, 6:08 pm
As promised here is the newest version Soldat 1.3.1. Big thanks to all the beta testers for making this version with me and all the community
for their support and patience. I hope you have fun with it. Here is the changelog:

Changes 1.3 -> 1.3.1:
- Added join spectator team button in team select menu
- Added new maps: DesertWind, htf_Rubik, ctf_Maya2, ctf_Lanubya (winner of ESL mapping contest) (by grand_diablo),
Blox, ctf_Snakebite, ctf_Ash (by chakapoko maker), htf_Dusk (by Michal), htf_Muygen (by The Geologist),
remakes: ctf_Death2 (by grand_diablo, NuZZ and MM), ctf_Dropdown2 (by Boxo, wp's by Keron Cyst)
- Added new secret ownage command
- Added file readonly.txt to prevent downloading certain files (original maps and sceneries cannot be downloaded)
- Added new anti-cheat solutions
- Added new command: /loadlist X (loads maplist from file X.txt);
- Added new command: /lobby (reregisters the server in the lobby server)
- Added log files split after reaching 512KB of size
- Added png and jpg files are supported by the file download system
- Modified default gostek graphics changed to EVO Gostek (by Michal)
- Modified fixes in maps: ctf_Equinox, ctf_Voland, ctf_B2b + all maps recompiled with PolyWorks
- Modified weapon balance (check weapons.ini for details)
- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu
- Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)
- Modified can't vote until 2 minutes pass after server join
- Modified grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
- Modified if texture can't be downloaded for map default one is loaded
- Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret, M79 and LAW) lose power after long distance (1 or more screens, to prevent blind spraying)
- Modified weapon can't be reloaded if is fully loaded
- Modified Barret has more movement speed aim penalty and has short wait time before firing
- Modified M79 gives 30% more self damage
- Modified knife throwing - speed of knife depends on how long you hold the throw button
- Fixed extreme bink on respawn
- Fixed lobby registering errors in non-dedicated server game
- Fixed yellow player name still after thrown away flag
- Fixed flame whizz sound
- Fixed players using the same file for headgear
- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
- Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit
- Fixed invisible LAW bug
- Fixed Soldat not compatible with some background programs
- Fixed blue team caps worth 20 instead of 25 points
- Fixed mp5 clip falling out
- Fixed killing through wall
- Fixed flames hit colliders
- Fixed various game and manual typing mistakes
- Fixed when player joined paused game his game wasn't paused
- Fixed server does not send messages to non-authenticated admin clients
- Fixed two grenades being thrown on server when player had a chainsaw
- Fixed autorecording start on map change

If you are unregistered you will notice a banner ad on the window when you start the game. I want to see how alternative ways of
supporting a game will work. If you want to advertise to Soldat players please contact [URL].
Also, you may notice some changes on [URL]).
File mirrors are appreciated as always, please send them to me if you can support the bandwidth (don't forget to mention where the server is located).

URLs fixed -b00stA

Rune
December 9, 2005, 6:10 pm
Really like the new changes. It seems like 1.3.1 will be alot more balanced than 1.3, and will be more bug free (if the new bug fixes haven't created more bugs that is). A lot of people are already crying about the weapon balance as expected, but I don't think they realize they have had lots of opportunities to have influence on the 1.3.1 weapon balance. I'll be back with more comments later, after actualy having played this version. So gj to MM and all of the betatesters for now.

EDIT: Hmm, the change team seems to be bugged. You disconnect from the server sometimes if you do it.

EDIT2: Haha, the secret command is cool. Hope you don't get sued by purepwnage for stealing Jeremy's move!

EDIT3: Joining a team from spec also seems to be severly bugged, Redevil just did that and he kept spawning right on top of me when I died (he was red and I was blue), o.O.

2 bugs found in 20 minutes :I

Swebonny
December 9, 2005, 6:12 pm
WOW :D:D:D

Eidt:I AM THE THIRD ONE TO POST MUAHAHA

Keron Cyst
December 9, 2005, 6:15 pm
FOURTH POST

D@MN IT, I'M AT SKOOL

EDIT

quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
... new secret ownage command... Added file readonly.txt to prevent downloading certain files (original maps and sceneries cannot be downloaded)... new anti-cheat solutions...
1337 PWN
quote:... png and jpg files are supported by the file download system...
über-1337
quote:... default gostek graphics changed to EVO Gostek (by Michal)
'Grats, MZ ;-D
quote:... Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
quote:... grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
quote:... all weapons bullets (except Barret, M79 and LAW) lose power after long distance (1 or more screens, to prevent blind spraying)...
NOOOOOOO- well, okay.
quote:... Barret has more movement speed aim penalty and has short wait time before firing...
HAHA NERF3D
quote:... speed of knife depends on how long you hold the throw button...
PWN
quote:... Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit...
?
quote:... Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit... Fixed invisible LAW bug
OMG TOTAL 1337; time to reclaim my LAW 1337ness!!

<3³

Swebonny
December 9, 2005, 6:16 pm
Kekek Keron
I am testing it rigt now :D

Edit: Secrt Ownage Command:) Hmm wallhack??

Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 6:18 pm
5th! (after Michal)

dadarkman
December 9, 2005, 6:19 pm
Already had for a couple of hours (dont ask how ^^), Ive seen some strange things. But that could be me.
I do not like it, but thx anyway michal...

GluLm
December 9, 2005, 6:19 pm
Good job Michal! This fixes some annoying bugs.
Also it's nice to see new stuffs on the website! It looks good now!
Yay thank you!

P.S: the new command is funny as hell! xD

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 6:20 pm
really like the new version and the changes, especially the bigger selfdamage of m79 boosters

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 6:24 pm
Awesome, I love the changes! Thanks Michal! :D

Yukwunhang
December 9, 2005, 6:29 pm
It's out zomg, good job MM.

Swebonny
December 9, 2005, 6:34 pm
Hmm wtt...
Some ppl on my test server got disconnected all the time. And my server auto banned 2 dudes for flooding...dont think its the 1.3.1 (or maybe)

Else it was damn nice :D Speically Knife :D

_Mancer_
December 9, 2005, 6:44 pm
- Added png and jpg files are supported by the file download system

I LOVE YOU

Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 6:46 pm
I do not like the new knifethrowing system.

RedNinja
December 9, 2005, 6:47 pm
We love you MM.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 6:53 pm
I am just curious for the new 1337 command WHO CAN FIND IT FIRST

Aquarius
December 9, 2005, 6:58 pm
So, what is the secret command?

Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 7:04 pm
A secret command. :]

b00stA
December 9, 2005, 7:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusSo, what is the secret command?
It is a secret command.

Edit: Silent Soldier beat me to it.

Flippy2k4
December 9, 2005, 7:07 pm
So secret that i found it out after 5 try =P

PaulCZ
December 9, 2005, 7:08 pm
nice bugfixes! but knife changes dont like :)

Deleted User
Haha I guessed the new command so fast in beta testing. Its seriously easy as hell.

Deleted User
Good work Michal youre The BEST!!!!!1

SamueL
yay

Swebonny
December 9, 2005, 7:09 pm
HAhaha lol that command :D

(thx to Flippy :P)

Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 7:09 pm
WHAT IS THE SECRET COMMAAAND? GAAH...!
It's rucha.poa, right?

_Mancer_
December 9, 2005, 7:21 pm
efit: ugh.. nevermind...

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 7:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_100% perfect upgrade, I LOVE the new ruger, and I love all the little bits and changes

I'm stunned. I always had this nagging suspicion that you might be a bit of a ruger-fanboy and hate any change....way to prove my cynical subconcsious paranoid mind wrong.

Yay new ruger.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:29 pm
hmmmm, nothing special about this version.
what is the secret command????

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:33 pm
Stop asking for the secret command, thank you.

OutofOrder
December 9, 2005, 7:42 pm
quote:- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
I can already hear the massive "¡Awwww!" of all the dissapointed exploiters. xD
Very good work.

KnOt
December 9, 2005, 7:45 pm
I really like this new version. It seems to make soldat... 'fun' again :I

BUT - ( I cant believe I didn't see this while i was testing )

There's a LAW bug. If you try to throw your LAW away, it makes another one instead. But if you press to throw it away again, it works. So you have to make a LAW to get rid of one, makes sense eh. Note : You have to be playing online to reproduce it.

+ There are the ones that rune mentioned :l

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:58 pm
I wish I could give you a big hug Michal, because I can't tell you how much I love the new Combat Knife.

peemonkey
December 9, 2005, 8:18 pm
sure, ill play soldat now :P

Chonoryoku
December 9, 2005, 8:45 pm
Omg awesome. I wanted some of those maps to be default for such a long time. :>

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:51 pm
Ive been playing for a while today and I have to say, this version is way better than the change. I like only the slight weapon changes and bug fixes.

m00`
December 9, 2005, 9:00 pm
the only thing i dont like is the new gosteks, god dammit huge shoes

Zero72
December 9, 2005, 9:05 pm
Well, everything sounds good to me. I'll give it a test and let you know what I think.

Maybe this will put a damper on everybody thinking the knife is a ranged weapon. It's a knife, people. STAB STABBY STAB STAB STABITTY STAB STAB STAB!

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:22 pm
if its only good for your stabbing needs, the chainsaw would be superior. I guess knifers dropped about 60%

peemonkey
December 9, 2005, 9:24 pm
chainsaw has always owned knife, no matter how far you can throw the knife :D

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:30 pm
Wootage ! Nice work MM!

OMG! I didn't play normal. I just tested realistic but to be honest it SUX for me! >:Q

Ruger...weird. But I think it's balanced.
Barret...WTF??? I'm not barretard but snipin isn't playable nomore...bink is enough.
Knife...WTF? just...WTF? !?

This version is just for autos and their users...

Soulsnipa
December 9, 2005, 10:10 pm
pwn!!

Lets hear it for mm update: pwn!

Kyklis
December 9, 2005, 10:10 pm
I gotta admit, this short pause before shooting the barret sounds...different. Perhaps this should only be happening when you are Running/Standing? And when you are kneeling, the pause is shorter, and prone, there is absolutely no delay. This makes the barret a purely defensive weapon.

DePhille
December 9, 2005, 10:19 pm
A great thanks to all Beta-testers and MM.
The knife really is a weapon that requires some skill again , same for the barret.
I actually don't mind getting killed by the barret since it's harder to use now.

But also , I found some bugs already:
-Spas exploit still is there (try it , it takes longer to do now but it is still there) , I heard someone saying that it still existed and went to try out , and it did still exist.
-Team changing is bugged (as suggested above) , you get disconnected, you spawn at random places, Soldat just crashes , etc. etc.
-There's also something with the weapons , I had two knives :/ , throwed one away and got a new one. And I see that there are other people that had the same problem.
-The LAW wait time should be half of the barret's waiting time (which will be close to zero then) , but that's for the weapon balancers.
-If you are putting banners on the startup screen you might want to increase the waiting time for the OK button; cuently it enables too fast to read/understand the working of the affiliates.
-The maps should have some more original names (Voland vs Xoland , Maya vs Maya2 , ... They're not quite original and therefore look like they have been in the game for years.)

There were some criticist comments in there but they are all constructive.
This version is definitely my favourite, the new command is also very handy in some cases ;)
I think the Mods should close the weapon balance forum for some time now , any posts that are made now are made with too few weapon experience.

Grtz , DePhille

- Tek -
December 9, 2005, 10:38 pm
Thanks alot! The new nade thing is excellent! I was going to suggest it, but I'm glad to hear it was talked about already.

But what about knife duplication? Can that be fixed?

also, explain this new EVO gostek!

nvm, i'll probably play shortly from now.

DePhille
December 9, 2005, 10:44 pm
It's not only the knife.
I think (vague thought) the problem is situated server-side. If you throw away your weapon at a bad moment (it happens really random) it is duplicated. Then , to make it even more randomized; when you throw away your knife and it gets duplicated the thrown knife doesn't always kill too , so I guess it has to do something with the server skipping a certain package , but I really don't know how the hell Soldat is coded so I'm most probably wrong.

Grtz , DePhille

UGK
December 9, 2005, 10:54 pm
YOU KILLED THE BARRET! YOU [CENSORED]S!

Kazuki
December 9, 2005, 11:16 pm
... Are you kidding? I played with the barret in the public testing server. It took me about 3 minutes to get the hang of it, and it wasn't a defensive weapon at all. If you're just going to whine and b*tch because your beloved weapon was toned down, then don't say anything at all. If the learning curve is greater, then you stop fekking whining and you conquer it.

Anyway, great release, though I had almost nothing to do with it this time. Sorry. =| And please, stop asking for the secret command. Michal made that statement the way he did for a reason. It took me exactly 3 tries to get it during beta testing. Even though it took Spyder almost 2 days, it shouldn't be that big of a hassle for you.

Edit: Here comes the whine train. Prepare yourselves for this traditional event consisting of three full weeks of whinage.

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 11:18 pm
hey Micha#322; dziekuje za Bozonarodzeniowy prezent :D

UGK
December 9, 2005, 11:26 pm
Dude...I was just kidding...I kinda wanna get the hang of the barret...but I miss those one click headshots and attack from above kills

0xSilentx0
December 9, 2005, 11:30 pm
So many noobs complaining about the knife and other stuff...I think its actually more funner

m00`
December 9, 2005, 11:33 pm
i say return the gosteks back to how they were, and no im not gonna change them my self, because i like having default soldat stuff (other than interface), i like people to see me as how i see my self

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:37 pm
I dont like the barett start time, Love the helmet bug fix, dont like the no nade collision with dead bodys.

Other than that very nice, oh and, why did you turn up the time the nag screen stays? That's just annoying now, if you're realy desperate for money cant you just get a job? :p

Anyhoo, one last thing, could somone either post or tell me the new command, I stink at guessing things, and even if you do guess it it might be like one letter off etc

Rune
December 9, 2005, 11:43 pm
/pwn

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:47 pm
Thank you

Please tell me he's doing a disco move :p

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:13 am
well, this version(bug fix) is NOT the stuff me and other people thinked.

Bugs still exist, weapons balanced(nope, very bad) and other stuff is not perfect.
This new command? LOL its funny :)

well is not perfect, but is a little better them the other one

Bugs Revenge
December 10, 2005, 1:34 am
"Bugs still exist"
Doh, what did you want it? just to disapear?
Have you got any idea how much bugs did MM fixed in that version? how much time he spent on it?

And the balance, well for you it sounds bad, for others good.. just a matter of oppinions..

"and other stuff is not perfect" --> What do you expect from a game that was created by ONE SINGEL MAN.

nfsjunkie91
December 10, 2005, 2:14 am
YES! Finally! Goddam, and i am @ a friend's house too! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well, hopefully that change team bug shouldn't be so bad.. Yeah, GO MICHAL! this is so awesome, but i gotta know, what is with teh whole "players using same headgear file.bmp"??? DOES THAT MEAN I GET MODDED GOSTEK HEADS ONLINE?!?! probably not but... either way, thank you Michal, this makes my weekend better, now i can think of this rather than the fact eberyone i know suddenly hates me. uhhh... </personalcrap> Well, i gotta try out the new knife... reply when i play it.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:10 am
when the hell did this [CENSORED]ing come out? o well im gonna go run around soldat 1.3 and start telling people

rabidhamster
December 10, 2005, 3:23 am
wonderful job, michal. gotta love the new command.

lithium
December 10, 2005, 3:42 am
Praise the lord! Seems quite nice. Excellent work, Michal.

antiCamper
December 10, 2005, 3:51 am
OMFG MY SHOES ARE POTATOES !
http://www.picture-newsletter.com/vegetables/potatoes.jpg

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:49 am
Well, maybe it's a dumb question but did MM change the net code?

ThaD
December 10, 2005, 10:36 am
not the best not the worst version, gj afterall

Silent Soldier
December 10, 2005, 10:37 am
Is the lobby updated btw, I played yesterday and there was no servers.

troskal
December 10, 2005, 10:44 am
Havesome!

And, that new secret command... LOL!

Silent Soldier
December 10, 2005, 10:55 am
Oh yeah, and the pals in Leo's Realistic Servers can't download maps from the server, they get some kind of error, just reported.

EDIT: "error downloading texture *.bmp" *Soldat shuts down*

DePhille
December 10, 2005, 11:19 am
Isn't it better that the mods create a 1.3.1 bug submission thread?
Currently all I'm seeing is the opinion threads filled with bug-reports.

The new command is really what we needed , though I'd like the bunny ears more :D

Grtz , DePhille

Karvinen
December 10, 2005, 1:33 pm
Instant knife throwing should be a server option.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:56 pm
quote:- Fixed extreme bink on respawn

YES!

Jojo
December 10, 2005, 4:53 pm
Dooooh..Yup ... I Hate that new knife throwing system.. That Su* (sry michal)...

Edit: Whyyyyyyy??
Hmm.... what is that secret command?????????... lol lol it's *** Rigth!?

Hex
December 10, 2005, 5:14 pm
Nice version. Barret is fair now.

(I don't know if it's a dedicated server problem or whatever, but sometimes when the respawn time is almost finishing, instead of finish he increases and increases and increases...)

bl00dy_n0se
December 10, 2005, 5:33 pm
I still can not play with Xfire running in the background, I hope that would be fixed =/

But gj I like most of the new stuff and now I really have to play knife so good bye :P

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 6:04 pm
Very nice, I love it when 1-hits are put in their place. Nades used to be my best weapon until 1.3 and they wouldn't detonate close range, so when I read the nade fix I almost miscarried. I Ak/Barret, Knife/Law, normally, and I have simply no problems (And barret is NOT strictly defensive if you use it right). What this patch did really, was it made it so that a pro can't be beaten by a noob, if the nob uses noobish tactics, simply because noobish tactics stopped existing. Actual skill is needed if you dare to use a one-hit, or knife or anything really. Love the update, love the balance, and hell, im gonna love the carnage *as always*

Selknam
December 10, 2005, 6:28 pm
nice joobbbbbb...

killed de barretards XD

b00stA
December 10, 2005, 6:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleIsn't it better that the mods create a 1.3.1 bug submission thread?
Currently all I'm seeing is the opinion threads filled with bug-reports.
Yup, please post all 1.3.1 related bugs here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=29954

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 6:53 pm
whats the secret command 0_0

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:10 pm
I Don't Like that Knife System... IMO it sucks.

( , )Y( , )

EDIT: Has the power of the Eagles been modified?

( , )Y( , )

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 8:07 pm
aside from the shots etc registering problem.. its perfect.

zoldat
December 10, 2005, 8:12 pm
mmmmmmmm tast good

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:33 pm
WOW!!!! I love this new version.. The comeback of autoguns!! SweeT! Im a deagler myself thought but i like autos too.. the barret is dead and i love it! WOOOOHOOO!! GJ AGAIN MICHAEL!!!

rabidhamster
December 10, 2005, 9:29 pm
Hmm.... what is that secret command?????????... lol lol it's *** Rigth!?
whats the secret command 0_0

SECRET. a SECRET command.

quote:- Added new secret ownage commandthere you go. a hint. if you still don't get it, look for a thread in general discussions that talks about "a secret new command."

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 9:36 pm
The command secret got I the first try.

Mi6o
December 10, 2005, 10:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dThe command secret got I the first try.

Me 2. That command rox!

Karvinen
December 11, 2005, 6:16 pm
Lol, you can still jump to the top of b2b with M79.

(It's bad design, not a real bug.)

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 12:33 am
The barrett was nerfed enough without being able to shoot when running jesus christ..stupid whiners finally got what they want.
Are you happy?You nerfed a weapon. Stupid newbs who cant dodge

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 12:58 am
I really like the new version. yay for barret time.. and using the knife 100% of the time as secondary, I dont really mind the new one... it was owerpowered anyway.

psst secret command /fart

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 8:24 am
Gotta try this after school. Looks great!

Kaider
December 13, 2005, 8:10 pm
All Hail Michal Marcinkowski.

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 4:29 pm
Sry but the new wersion is something weard
and LOONEY
( , )Y( , )

DarkWulf
December 20, 2005, 5:57 pm
NOOOOOOO
Why did you change barret?!?!? Now all barreters can do is camp?
Sprayers do half of damage before I even fire. And m47 killes me too before I can fire.
So..PLIZ turn barret back to what it was!!

rabidhamster
December 21, 2005, 2:43 am
PLIZ tell me what the m47 is.

zoldat
December 21, 2005, 6:39 pm
v. 1.2.1 RULES

DarkWulf
December 23, 2005, 12:48 am
I agre with zoldat!!!!!!!!

1.2.1 was the best!

DarkWulf
December 23, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterPLIZ tell me what the m47 is.

That is number 7wepon on your soldat wepon pic-up, at the start of every spawn.

Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 3:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by DarkWulfquote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterPLIZ tell me what the m47 is.

That is number 7wepon on your soldat wepon pic-up, at the start of every spawn.

Its M79 i quess.

BTW are any 1.2.1 server online ? Does any server live so long ?

Zegovia
December 23, 2005, 7:03 pm
Perfect, a new soldat version juts in time for X-mas!

Hey everyone, after five weeks of hell, IM BACK!!!

Falko
January 11, 2006, 6:57 am
1.3.1 is alright except.....
wWhy do you constantly make weapons worse instead of making the ones that where crap better?

barrey and knife used to be my favourite weapons, now, they are so crap its not funny. i am not going to play soldat until this is fixed, alot of people i know are doing the same thing.

ill still be making maps n stuff tho

Teh Smiem
January 20, 2006, 8:48 pm
Michal, you don't really read this, do you?

quote: The barrett was nerfed enough without being able to shoot when running jesus christ..stupid whiners finally got what they want.
Are you happy?You nerfed a weapon. Stupid newbs who cant dodge

This is only 1 sample of a totally useless update. right now the game is crowded by (like I heard someone say) m79 n00bs who seem to only hit someone from 1 pixel distance, autogun sprayers, caming babies and pathetic spawnkillers. These weren't so massively there in version 1.2.1 Wich I think that IS the best version you released.

Michal, I really thank you for giving us a MASTERgame
Too bad you have ruined it with the 2 newest updates.
If you read this Michal, put version 1.2.1 on the soldat.pl site so that the good players can have pleasure in the game once more. TY...
Greetz, Teh Smiem (Leader of the [CUD] clan who stopped playing soldat for these reasons)

headstone
January 21, 2006, 1:14 am
Most of the "good" players seem very happy with 1.3.1's weapon balance.

Teh Smiem
January 21, 2006, 9:48 am
indeed "good" players. From what I've heard, seen, noticed... They could spit on it really. Most of em switched to m79 cuz nothing else rewarded their skill. plz, don't say something without knowing anything of it. I've seen GOOD clans die cuz of the update and the laming it brought forth. The "insame" delay on some weapons was very annoying... and what for??? Barret and law are pure camping weapons now. ruger was made real stupid... AND WHY THE F****** KNIFECHANGE?!?!? Plz don't tell me GOOD players are happy with this update, Headstone. Cuz it ain't so. Let lamers and n00bs have their 1.3.1 .... but give the skilled players 1.2.1 back!!!!

DeMonIc
January 21, 2006, 10:35 am
Interesting, the real clan and league community happily switched to 1.3.1. Clan wars are more fun in overall, I've experienced much less whining than before, and I see a lot of skilled players who still use knife, law and ruger in serious games with great effect ( take the german national team for instance ). Calling people who you don't know noobies and lamers also doesn't help.

Valsum
January 21, 2006, 10:56 am
IMO the new weapon stats make the games more balanced: it's a change, yes, but many "skilled" (old) players have adapted to it and they can have as much or more fun than before now. Because "newbies" can actually hurt them.

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 1:45 pm
HTF do u make a mod server?????

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 9:20 pm
by editing the weapons.ini files in your soldat server... (i just make new ones by copying the "weapons" file and editing and renaming it...as for the version....ehh its ok...i despise all start up times on guns except for the minigun...in fact......lots of players have adapted, and some have not...being a veteran player myself...i liked 1.2.1 the best of all versions...i just wish that michal would make the newest version of soldat identical to 1.2.1 but leave the backflip and cool addons and stuff there...and just build from that without any weapons balance changes...but thats just coming from me... :\ im sure there is somone on these forums thats a long time soldat veteran who agrees with me *shrugs*

DannyLB
February 18, 2006, 10:24 pm
Indeed 1.2.1 was the best. This mod looks to me like it was made out of boredom. :/

Look at the servers now. Childish play.

chakapoko maker
March 2, 2006, 3:04 pm
Update is always welcome. GJ and I love it :)
edit:
And thanks for taking my map in the new version!

cusmoritz
April 19, 2006, 1:17 am
When i start it, it wont let me join any game, cause it says "Dedicated server option enabled" wtf does this mean

rabidhamster
April 19, 2006, 1:31 am
Start menu > Run...

C:\Soldat\Soldat.exe

Enter.

Dark_Noddy
April 19, 2006, 7:11 pm
(c:\Soldat\ is the soldat dir wich soldat is installed to >_>)
if that doesnt help goto soldat_dir\Soldat.ini and check if Dedicated=1 under network section :)
It should be Dedicated=0

ThE SNIPES
May 13, 2006, 6:39 pm
tell me what the command is plz i cant find it plzplz
or you can tell me where to put it
even the first letter of it plz?

rabidhamster
May 13, 2006, 8:32 pm
No. Figure it out.

Proxy
May 22, 2006, 10:42 pm
so...when is the version coming out? swords included??

livingdalife
May 23, 2006, 8:36 pm
OMG I NOW I CAN DRIVE A JEEP IN SOLDAT!
lol. As I recall, soldat has reached maturity, and thats that. There might be an update soon, but untill then...NO JEEPS! :(

p.s: For the newbies reading this, No there will not EVER be vehicles is Soldat. So don't be annoying MM with tank requests.