1.3.1 is out - read before providing opinion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 6:50 pm

We know how
passionate
you are
about Soldat.

The majority of the beta team, and others such as myself who have been around long enough, know too well the domino effect of releasing a new version of Soldat.

Soldat gets released.
People download it.
Some find themselves 'shocked' about some change or new gameplay-related addition.
After 20 minutes of gameplay, they head straight for here to complain about nerfing of <insert weapon topic here>
or how overpowering <insert weapon topic here> is.

Consider yourself WARNED then that those among you who came here to protest your upsets and premature beliefs in versions 1.3 and before, were considered nothing but fools. 1.3 = Desert Eagle revolution anyone?

Consequently, all I ask is: reserve your opinion for at least 48 hours. Discovering the finer elements of balance and gameplay issues takes more time than you think you can immediately recognise.

Have a little patience.

reckon
December 9, 2005, 7:11 pm
I woke up today expecting an onslaught of complaint threads, but looks like you beat em to the punch Chakra.

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 7:18 pm
you [CENSORED]ed up the knife and that thing:
Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret, M79 and LAW) lose power after long distance (1 or more screens, to prevent blind spraying)

Thanks for ruin the game and its [CENSORED]ing stupid why you people care so much ? just let it be everyone enjoy Soldat like it was and you "betatesters" must ruin it like in every version before.
stop ruin the game now i cant play with my main weapon because of this patch so you can just say you ruin my fun in soldat and you ruined alot of people fun that they found in this game.
About the +30% self dmg when you shooting is bull[CENSORED] now you ruined totaly the m79 noone can boost or anything else..
and last thing: Beta Testers are idiots,get a life and try not to ruin everyone fun in this game.

i got a sucky english?[CENSORED] you.

Bugs Revenge
December 9, 2005, 7:24 pm
Yakirx? :o
first of all calm down.
The beta testers are just helping MM to find out what do the players think .. We'd worked realy hard on this weapon ballance as we do all the time..

and about "ruining your gun" you mean u've been spraying quit a lot, it's lame.. so now we've just helped you coz less ppl would call u lame ;)

about the m79.. if u'd tested it before talking you've found out that it's not a big deal at all and every weapon just request more skills, next time please check it out before talking....
just enjoy the new version <3

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 7:34 pm
Noone called me lame Bugs Revenge.
I Never sprayed with styer but this version [CENSORED]ed up basicly.
You took like 10 players who whine all the time on spray/m79 boosts and decide what is the best for me?you people must be crazy or stupid.
I Liked 1.3.0 and all other version before this version but this version is totaly lame..
You "beta testers" did(that what i think) what is the best for you to win the spray and m79 boosts.
In one way or another the beta testers did the best for themself so you can say you now enjoy your game but i wont enjoy my game because i cant play in the way i like it.
Yes alot of people like to spray but alot of people like to camp with barret and LAW and you beta testers dont do anything about that maybe you better think how to stop the camping instand of ruin the autos..most of this community thinks that auto are for noobs and only for sprays but theres no "noobish weapon" in soldat you need skills for each weapon indeed but after the beta testers ruined the knife because im sure one of them whine that he got spawned by the knife or lost a fcw because of it and styer and all other autos are ruined because one of the beta testers whined about that Seanky Basterd and me and alot of other players just owned them with the autos and not with 1 hit weapon.
Maybe the beta testers should ask those people who you call "sprayers" and "lamers" what is the best for them.I dont think theres a "sprayer" in the beta testers gruop or a camper..

Darkslide
December 9, 2005, 7:37 pm
Im sorry, but first you took the law (which was OK!)
But now my second secondary which I played with for about half a year, INTENSIVLY!I Frikking loved it!
Please roll back this change because if it stays this way I will stop playing Soldat.
I don´t care about the barrett or the m79 or whatever but please don´t take away my knife!!!
I´m begging you!

Something positiv:
I must say the gosteks really rocks!
And finally no more barrett laming ;-)

Karvinen
December 9, 2005, 7:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yakirx
About the +30% self dmg when you shooting is bull[CENSORED] now you ruined totaly the m79 noone can boost or anything else..
You can still boost with m79. You just need more skill.

reckon
December 9, 2005, 7:42 pm
I was against the new knife, as were other testers, but if MM likes it, it stays.
Every version brings a new change, you have to realize that Yakirx.
After all, we wouldnt want to be releasing the same thing over and over now would we?
You'll have to adapt, find a new weapon which suits you and go with it.
From the 1.2.1 jump to 1.3 I went from an Aug to Spas, now in the .1 jump, looks like ill be heading to either deagles or back to ruger like I was in 1.2.
Of course the knife is [CENSORED]ed up, well at least I think so, but Ive been working on my law so all is good.

Rune
December 9, 2005, 7:52 pm
quote:Every version brings a new change, you have to realize that Yakirx.
After all, we wouldnt want to be releasing the same thing over and over now would we?
You'll have to adapt, find a new weapon which suits you and go with it.

That's 100% true, and what keeps soldat challenging.

Darkslide
December 9, 2005, 7:57 pm
quote:That's 100% true, and what keeps soldat challenging.

Can´t agree!
I want teh knife back!

vdz
December 9, 2005, 8:04 pm
barret becames a camper weapon impossible to hit in air which some lag ...
... knife becames very bad which that delay to thrown ... deserts are much better than the others weapons now
The new version f***** almost all weapons

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 8:08 pm
WHAT DID I JUST SAY YOU SPANKTARD NIGGER QUEENS?!
I EVEN MADE IT IN A LARGER FONT TO MAKE IT EASIER TO [CENSORED]ING READ!!

Please, don't be quick to judge. For every quick judgement you make, Michal chalks his wall with a crayon, and when all the whinings done he counts the amount of coloured strikes he has on his wall, and adds that many bugs into the next version.

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 8:08 pm
Of course every version is challenging but in each and every version the autos and the most common weapons are [CENSORED]ed up.

Cookie.
December 9, 2005, 8:10 pm
I like m79 better now... it seems like the rounds are more likely to kill when they hit

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 8:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`WHAT DID I JUST SAY YOU SPANKTARD NIGGER QUEENS?!
I EVEN MADE IT IN A LARGER FONT TO MAKE IT EASIER TO [CENSORED]ING READ!!

Please, don't be quick to judge. For every quick judgement you make, Michal chalks his wall with a crayon, and when all the whinings done he counts the amount of coloured strikes he has on his wall, and adds that many bugs into the next version.

I already played it for like 30 min or more and still didnt liked the changes in the weapons.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:15 pm
If you dont like 1.3.1 dont play it then

Clash
December 9, 2005, 8:52 pm
I was really pissed at you at the beggining MM, but after playing sometime I noticed some changes were very good, actually.

Steyr has way less Bink, it was too much on 1.3.
AK is no longer overpowered
Deagles has back it's life
Ruger is stronger but takes more time to shoot
No more barret cowards

But, after playing a lot with knife, I still think you really killed it, it was great the way it was, but it now it sucks, really...
I never heard a complaint about knife on any version, why did you change it? It already required skill, why change it?

I agree with every single change, except knife MM, I think almost noone liked it. Knife was one of the coolest weapons, no game had a flying killer knife, so much fun, it was great, please return the way it was before... thanks...

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yakirx[quote]
I already played it for like 30 min or more and still didnt liked the changes in the weapons.

Bahahaha...I can see chakra spewing out cliche british insults at his computer due to the lack of intelligence on Yakirx's end.

reckon
December 9, 2005, 8:58 pm
The knifes issue that it was simply <i>too</I> easy to kill rushing oppenents. However, a charge up time shouldnt solve that problem, a longer switching period between the knife and when its wielded would solve the problem; the knifer wouldnt be able to run past, wield it and then throw immedietly instantaniously killing the enemy. The knifer would have to wait, allowing the oncomer a chance to revise his rush.

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 8:59 pm
It's a struggle to keep restrained. I just keep reminding myself "well, maybe he's just taking the piss.", and allow that to become the reality in my head.

Uhhh, by the way, Clash? Nice to see you're keeping a level head, but still, might wanna refrain from opinion so soon. If you read the weapons.ini, you might find a 'suprise' about Steyr having 'less' bink. Wink wink.

reckon
December 9, 2005, 9:01 pm
I shouldve included this in my past post and I dont feel like editing.
But due to the negative responses ive heard about the knife while playing, and here on the forums; I propose that we hold a poll to decide the knifes fate. Allowing the public to express their opinion would ultimately be for the best.
Or would it?
Dun dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:03 pm
People wouldnt get so upset if soldat would stop turning into a slower paced game, rather then keeping it kill quick with skill and move on. This is like forcing team tactics into soldat with weaker weapons, which isnt for DM, which you're turning into who can steal kills the quickest. Oh well, I cant do crap about it because My Opinions < Beta Testers. (EDIT: Why the hell did I put Soldat)

But seriously, you killed the knife. You killed the law, no one got used to it, so now the main secondaries to use will be the socom or saw, unless people feel like picking up the law.

But, for the love of god....if those lag issues still exist with bullets not registering, that, would have to be the last straw. Ive only played 5 minutes, but you'll hear me go off, if I see any kills taking more then 4 shots from my deagles.

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 9:10 pm
Already did Chakra` ;).
I always find the problems when I playin,so I played,found some problems,read your topic,post my problems and such and made you angry I guess.
Dont think its something new for me for complaing about a version game im doin it in every game that the game master and/or beta testers [CENSORED] up.
Seems that your comment is not here so you will know what im talking about :).
Anyway i played soldat now and still got the same opinion

cooz
December 9, 2005, 9:15 pm
pierdol si#281; Chakra,

neh i like new version.

MonkeyHead79
December 9, 2005, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacidePeople wouldnt get so upset if soldat would stop turning into a slower paced game, rather then keeping it kill quick with skill and move on. This is like forcing team tactics into soldat with weaker weapons, which isnt for DM, which you're turning into who can steal kills the quickest.
Agreed with the complaint about gameplay becoming slower. I don't typically find myself in a deathmatch situation where two or more people are ganging up on one guy, so I don't have any complaints about kill stealing. But still, that's one thing I'd really noticed starting with 1.3: the weapons may be coming closer to an even balance (and I still think the self-binking ruins the automatics a good deal, BTW), but everything is being collectively nerfed so that it takes considerably more hits to kill anyone.

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 9:20 pm
2 hours and ticking Yakirx ... no offence guv but you clearly didn't read the supersized beginning of this topic. Lots of people make mistakes when judging the balance of things so soon, swearing on their 6-inch barrets that what they said wasn't wrong. We've seen it a thousand times.

....then, a week later, people exactly like you, come back and say "well you know what? I actually kinda like this."

Think about it ...how long you been playing this game? A few months? Years even? all those reflexes and instincts set into action automatically, and now all of a sudden they have no value. Things changed. You have to re-workout how some things work all over again.

It usually takes at least a week for people to get used to changes, judging from previous experience. Sometimes longer. Not just a few hours.

Ok
December 9, 2005, 9:28 pm
rofl, poor chakra.
What did you think? you'll just ask them nicely and they'll do it? :)
You knew its coming, and I'm sure you knew they'll do it anyways.
Did you see Ouchek's post? :)
I think that you could have dealt with it better.
and I shall PM you it :)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 9, 2005, 9:30 pm
I must say that the new version feels much "smoother". The nades work perfectly now and I love the new solution for the barret. Nice idea testers. The new knife is amazing as I loved knife before but I just hated using it when everyone else was. Maybe now people will explore new secondaries. On that though, I think we need more secondary options, but that is for another time. The only thing I would like to see is a cancel option on the change team menu. Sometimes when teams are uneven and i want to change, I press the button and someone switches before me. I am therefore forced to choose to rejoin my own team. This takes away all of my pride and glory on the scoreboard.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:43 pm
It's out? that was bloody quick. Do we keep weapon mods if we update?

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:46 pm
I think that MM did a bad job here.
I can agree with that thing about Barret, it just suck right now, and if he wanted to minimize de number of barretards, so he (MM) did a great job.
Knife - I just have no comments, it's really messy... it makes me laugh
m79 - +30% of damage on yourself... that means.. if you want to make boost you've to do it very carefuly, and probably you'll die with spray of some polish noob before you can reach the enemy base.
Ruger - Well, it's good right now, but still i think that since 1.2.1 it power has been decreased. (I used ruger in 1.2.1 cause it was really good)
DE - Nothing new, right how it is
MP5 - lol...
AK74 - another lol...
Steyr - ROFTLOL!
Spas - Overpowered
Minigun/Minimi - no comment...
USSOCOM - right..
chainsaw - <3

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:10 pm
Maybe it's stressing but this version just not what I awaited [p.s.: I don't play normal mode so I can't judge that]
I played 15 mins but it totaly disappointed me ...
Are there any betatesters for realistic mod that are stabil real playin players ???
Must talk to them coz this is "apocalipse".
U_U

EDIT: ok ppl don't play it olny 15 and judge. Now I played like hour maybe two, it's fun as old version , new shotgun [spas] is so freakin strong that i have to love it. xD
Autos are a primary used guns in this vestion I quess.
I'm not barretard but the barret is so decimated that snipz0rs are out .:P
I like new anti spray system.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:19 pm
My played-for-an-hour assessment that will undoubtedly change after having played for longer:

Deagles: I didn't use the deagles too much, there doesn't seem to be any immediate problems.
MP5: Also didn't use this much, seems fairly balanced from the attackers I dealt with.
AK: Doesn't seem like the dmg -2 was really needed here.
Steyr: The bink was increased, yet it doesn't seem like it was. Steyr's somewhat more powerful than the MP5 or the AK in my opinion.
Spas: Boo, lower speed. The damage boost doesn't really balance out the drop in speed.
Ruger: Ruger's fine.
M79: I was disappointed to see that this wasn't fixed. The self-damage boost doesn't really help, considering that most people only boost once, and the bink addition seems to not work at all. With the barret's startup time, the M79s will reign this version.
Barret: The startup time is great. The barret is finally fixed. Congratulations.
Minimi: With both the dmg decrease and the bullets losing power after range weakening it, the minimi seems a bit weaker than the other autos.
Minigun: Apparently, the minigun wasn't changed, but it appears to have less self-bink. Maybe it's just me.
SOCOM: Wasn't changed and didn't need to be changed. Good.
Knife: The delay was an excellent decision. I hated the idea of a grenade-like delay in theory, but it's been greatly improved by it. The knife is honorable once more.
Saw: Hooray! Less reload time and more ammo!
LAW: It still has the damn startup time of variating length. You already have to crouch to fire it, man, it doesn't need a delay. I understand the lag is what causes the time to change, but really, get rid of it. It's ruined the LAW.
Grenades: Bugs fixed. Celebrations are in order.

JUDGEMENT: Fairly happy. Fixed the barret, knife, and nades, but the M79s will be whored. Saw improved, hooray!

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:25 pm
As much as I don't like some changes, and as much as I like other changes, it doesn't even matter what those changes are.

The fact remains - you've made grenades stop flying through people. You guys are awesome. :D

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 10:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`2 hours and ticking Yakirx ... no offence guv but you clearly didn't read the supersized beginning of this topic. Lots of people make mistakes when judging the balance of things so soon, swearing on their 6-inch barrets that what they said wasn't wrong. We've seen it a thousand times.

....then, a week later, people exactly like you, come back and say "well you know what? I actually kinda like this."

Think about it ...how long you been playing this game? A few months? Years even? all those reflexes and instincts set into action automatically, and now all of a sudden they have no value. Things changed. You have to re-workout how some things work all over again.

It usually takes at least a week for people to get used to changes, judging from previous experience. Sometimes longer. Not just a few hours.

Well i know i will keep playin soldat but still those changes ruins my fun in this game..

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:30 pm
In my opinion, you shoudl ban everyone who whines about the new version for 1 week.

I have not played it yet, but so far the changes look good to me.

DePhille
December 9, 2005, 10:37 pm
Moddy Mods, time to get the mouses over the Move Topic buttons , the forums are getting crowded with opinion-threads , I think they should be moved to the bash-pit before Beta-testers start to leave again.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:40 pm
Yep, I love the changes. If Soldat stoped changing, that would bug me the most.

MisterX
December 9, 2005, 10:40 pm
As I'm one of the guys who brainwashed the other beta-testers so they agree about the Knife and Barret changes, I like this new version very much :) For sure the balance still is nowhere near "perfect", but it can get closer and closer to this state, and 1.3.1 is a good step towards this direction :)
At the moment many people are angry because of the unwanted changes to the Barret and the knife, but even they will notice, after having played this longer than a few minutes or 1-2 hours, that these changes don't ruin Soldat by any means and that they can be dealt with.
Just give this some time, guys.

reckon
December 9, 2005, 10:58 pm
Well you didnt exactly brainwash me.

Zero72
December 9, 2005, 11:00 pm
I don't like the new gostek, but everything else is good. I backed up the old gostek before I installed the new version. I've really got no other complaints.

I think the changes to the Barrett and knife are fine.

UGK
December 9, 2005, 11:16 pm
I having a nervous breakdown...My barret...Its gone!

MonkeyHead79
December 9, 2005, 11:17 pm
Okay, I've given it a shot, and for the most part the changes are good. I definitely prefer the old gostek, but the new one is tolerable. Weapons balancing... well, since the addition of self-binking, whatever changes have been made seem pretty tame to me. So, no specific (new) complaints there.

The knife, however, is now utterly ruined for me. NOT because of the charge-up-and-throw mechanic, though. That works reasonably well. My gripe is to do with the trajectory. If you just tap the F key to throw the knife a small distance, it has about the same trajectory as it always did, except it naturally falls short of its previous distance. However, when I charge up the knife to actually give it a good distance, it arcs WAY too high. Of all the time I've spent on Soldat, I practiced with the knife the most by far. Any new interest I was gaining from the other effects of the patch has been completely destroyed by this, though I don't suppose there was much hope for me anyway. (I know, I know, wait 48 hours, but do you HONESTLY expect me to be able to reaccustomize myself with the knife's physics after... what, 2 years of practice?)

Also, lag seems to have somehow worsened.

To finish on a positive note: the new secret command is five-star material.

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 11:19 pm
OMG My clan doesn't even know there's a new version out, i have no one to play with

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:27 pm
...Oh waaaah, I have to HOLD "f" now to throw my knife far, I'll have to go hang myself now due to severe depression.

Mmmm, Sarcasm taste good. Like candy.

Clash
December 9, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`It's a struggle to keep restrained. I just keep reminding myself "well, maybe he's just taking the piss.", and allow that to become the reality in my head.

Uhhh, by the way, Clash? Nice to see you're keeping a level head, but still, might wanna refrain from opinion so soon. If you read the weapons.ini, you might find a 'suprise' about Steyr having 'less' bink. Wink wink.

I don't understand those weapons.ini stuff, you reduced it's self-bink, right?
I understand you guys think Knife could be an instant killer, but you guys can not forget that you have to switch weapons then throw it already, that's enough time to you run away if the dude is smart, no need to switch weapon, hold, then throw, that's enough time to anyone run and/or kill you...

It's not like law that you can hit far away from the dude, so you can hold... you can not wait with knife because it only hits near dudes...

Now if someone is near you that you want to kill quickly and you have to reload, there is no weapon to kill him unless he is really next to you and you have a chainsaw...

Come on, knife was all the fun!

Clash
December 9, 2005, 11:31 pm
Ergh, I messed things up here, please delet this post... sorry.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:35 pm
I havent played it long enough to have a full opinoin on it yet but I have noticed,as MikeShinoda.pheonix said, the added 'smoothness' of it.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:37 pm
Ok I just played it for a few minutes now. And I like most of the stuff, but one little complaint.

I think you overdid knife. The range even when I hold it for the maximum time is still patheticly low. Everything else seems fine so far to me. Btw, good gosteks ;).

Rune
December 9, 2005, 11:48 pm
Yeh, I also think you were a little too rough on knife, just like you were a little too rough on LAW in 1.3. But I have to admit there was a serious problem with the secondary balance in 1.3.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:23 am
Yes, thats my number one complaint as of yet. I didnt think the knife would be too bad with a charge up time ; I still hate that idea to death, but the knife throw is extremely weak...like I said, its now a law that shoots 2 feet. Good bye Knife, hello Law.

DeLarge
December 10, 2005, 12:27 am
I installed the patch that evolves 1.3 to 1.3.1. I then commenced Soldat and I get an "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."

Lolly
December 10, 2005, 12:28 am
1.3.1 is the best version so far, hands down.

PROS:
- We've killed the term "Barretard." Finally.
- No more surprise midair shankings! (For those who complain, go throw a knife. A real one.)
- Seems more strategy-oritented/slower paced. The "OMG KILLKILL"-ness of it was annoying.
- Wow. The saw is becoming more practical every day.
- Power to the deagles. ^_^
- Yay no more INVISIWTFSUICIDENADEs!

CONS:
- YOU [CENSORED]ED UP MY HELMET GFX ><

9.9/10 *retrieves helmet gfx from 1.3 folder*

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:30 am
No more knife... =) I got tired of spawners with knives.........

Barret requires skill...

b2b isn't fixed...

DeLarge
December 10, 2005, 12:35 am
Nobody isn't responding to my problem.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:36 am
PROS:
- New gostek...yay?
- No more invisi-laws/nades/nades not hitting.
- Barret has been stopped....for now.

CONS:
- Barret isnt too hard to adjust to, give them a week, they'll be camping.
- Knife is totally nerfed, you need some luck now with the so called requirement of skill that everyone seems to think was never needed before. Im using saw over it now..Sorry, they nerfed this one harder then the law imo.
- Slow paced my ass...Not every mode requires teamwork to compensate for the [CENSORED] weapons, and the new weapons support team based game modes over your old style games like Death Matches.

DeLarge
December 10, 2005, 12:49 am
Okay, the error happens when I enable 'Play Intro' in Config.exe.

Bugs Revenge
December 10, 2005, 1:24 am
Guys, please stop with the stuff of "OMG, YOU'VE JUST KILLED THE KNIFE"
It's just a matter of getting used to it, no I didn't suggest it, I was even against it but after a while I liked it, it's more challenging now..
BTW, it has more range now if you couldn't notice yet..
Just give it few days, I'm sure you'll like it, and the law is absolutly fine, it's realy easy to use still.. just pick up one of the 3.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:39 am
Its more challenging? Its going to end up like the law, Im not going to like it.

Ive found that the new grenades = super deadly spam.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:50 am
My first thoughts after installing it here at work:
1. bah advertisments
2. HAHAH barret, sucked in. About time.
3. ... KNIFE! MY KNIFE! too far! nerf the knife to compensate for the nerfed barret? </3

_Mancer_
December 10, 2005, 2:03 am
I THINK everything in this version is PERFECT.

The knife is fine, I love the new autos, grenades poon

*My only bug is that ruger still doesnt do a 2 hit kill with the slower firing rate. My own opinion would be to make it a 2 hit kill all around (that means head, feet, body, ect). You hit the legs more than you think.

*This statement is comming from my rugertard-ness mind. Don't take it as an insult or anything to this version, Beta Tester+

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 2:13 am
P E R F E C T

dont touch the weapons in any other version this is as balanced as theyll get.

Zero72
December 10, 2005, 2:35 am
Yeah, I think weapon balance is just awesome now. Nice job.

The secret command is awesome, too.

toniking
December 10, 2005, 2:54 am
1.3.1....I just know a so big problem in this verson .
It is barret have delay
I don't know why need change it have delay
now it have delay,then it is the most rubbish gun in this game now
1.shoot have delay,
2.one shoot after reload time long,
3.when give people shoot,your barret shoot will have deviation.

then, i think except camp, no one would use this gun.
Barret is totally discard.
Then,why you need have this gun in the game, i think if you really want this change,accept this change, you delete this weapon is better,
no any use for this gun now!!!(except camp)
now barret is change useless!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------
i hope you will change back barret haven't delay, this is very important, if not, i think you can delete this weapon

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 10, 2005, 3:04 am
quote:Originally posted by toniking1.3.1....I just know a so big problem in this verson .
It is barret have delay
1.shoot have delay,

Then,why you need have this gun in the game, i think if you really want this change,accept this change, you delete this weapon is better,
i hope you will change back barret haven't delay, this is very important, if not, i think you can delete this weapon

perhaps you've never played online with 1.3 before. either way, you should be glad i didn't have my way with it.

everything = <3 until newbies learn how to use the barret...then we can nerf it again! yay super nerf!

toniking
December 10, 2005, 3:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wquote:Originally posted by toniking1.3.1....I just know a so big problem in this verson .
It is barret have delay
1.shoot have delay,

perhaps you've never played online with 1.3 before. either way, you should be glad i didn't have my way with it.

everything = <3 until newbies learn how to use the barret...then we can nerf it again! yay super nerf!

I just want to say, this game, i play online for a long time, when this games just 1.1.0(?_?)
I just saw that, the barret is change cheap and cheap with the verson up and up
I think 1.3.0 the barret when give people shoot,your barret shoot will have deviation. This change i feel is very enough, i think this is very good change, because, autogun can easy deviation it, then the balance is better
but now, this delay, i totally disagree, why need change it have delay?
Now, barret is useless, except camp? then do you want many people camp only?

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:13 am
ONly complaint is that ruger damage to little for it's speed.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:25 am
Guys, ask this to yourself.
What do you want to be? A good Soldat player or a good version player? HMMMMMMM?

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:26 am
Just a quick question for those in the know:
Why was the minigun left unchanged? The idea of spinning barrels keeping their momentum was a good one, and there were plenty of ways to improve it through weapon mods. Is it honestly balanced as it is?

Elemental
December 10, 2005, 3:29 am
I enjoy the new clarity of gosteks, nicely detailed.
Is it just me, or do all the maps seem more..bright? :/

toniking
December 10, 2005, 3:31 am
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoGuys, ask this to yourself.
What do you want to be? A good Soldat player or a good version player? HMMMMMMM?

I disagree your question
If now, people said this is balance in the game.
I just know what mean they said it is balance
the balance mean, no one will use barret except camp,
then barret is useless now, so they think the game is balanced
because now barret = deleted
so I think this is very unbalance change for barret

toniking
December 10, 2005, 3:34 am
quote:Originally posted by CyberiaJust a quick question for those in the know:
Why was the minigun left unchanged? The idea of spinning barrels keeping their momentum was a good one, and there were plenty of ways to improve it through weapon mods. Is it honestly balanced as it is?

i just know, if the server is (wm),the weapons all are super weapon
no balance i could saw in the(wm)server

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 10, 2005, 3:40 am
How do you disagree with a question?

toniking
December 10, 2005, 3:49 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHow do you disagree with a question?

His question is "A good Soldat player or a good version player?"
why just can choose one? can't both have?
his question mean good Soldat player no need good version to play?
or good version player not a good Soldat player?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 10, 2005, 5:39 am
what?

DeLarge
December 10, 2005, 6:14 am
I guess nobody cannot have the guts to solve my dilemma with the weird violation error.

Yukwunhang
December 10, 2005, 8:00 am
DeLarge, just untick the play intro thing. There is something wrong with it.
And toniking, the purpose of Barret SHOULD BE camping. It's a defensive weapon. The problem of Barret before is that people could use it in a offensive way like flying around and pop you down in 1 cm which is way lamer than camping.

toniking
December 10, 2005, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhangDeLarge, just untick the play intro thing. There is something wrong with it.
And toniking, the purpose of Barret SHOULD BE camping. It's a defensive weapon. The problem of Barret before is that people could use it in a offensive way like flying around and pop you down in 1 cm which is way lamer than camping.

when 1.3.1 ,I have try to use the barret, and try use this gun camp,see the effect.
I think now the gun totally a rubbish, the delay make the camp also very difficult, because you camp, the other one is coming, he is moving, the delay time make you very difficult to shoot the target
it is very important problem

toniking
December 10, 2005, 9:10 am
You don't think delay is unsuitable for barret?
you think this gun like M72 LAW or Mini gun, are heavy weapon,need have startuptime?
I don't think barret need have startuptime(delay)
no game barret would have startuptime(delay)

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 10, 2005, 9:22 am
Don't You just love forums when a new version is released :P

Ash Lambert
December 10, 2005, 10:36 am
lol Chakra you posted this when 1.3 came out too, which sucked from the first second of playing (at least for me).
First opinion about something is almost always true. Some fact learned from life.:)
Now its the same, i didnt knew they could actually mess up the new version a bit more, but indeed they did. xD
Netcode still sucks, in fact i dont see what has changed on that issue. I guess nothing.
Concerning balance i cant tell much, but i dont like it.
bye

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 11:42 am
Well you seem pretty certain of yourself, though one unevident question remains.

You don't like 1.3, and never did, nor 1.3.1 ....why the [CENSORED] are you here?

Please kids, take Ash Lambert as an example. Don't whine about something you seemingly have no idea about. 'k?
Give it a week to assess a decent opinion, good or bad.

...hell, took me about a month after release of the last version to realise the ruger was a tad-overpowering. And I bloody beta tested it.

m00`
December 10, 2005, 12:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ash Lambertlol Chakra you posted this when 1.3 came out too, which sucked from the first second of playing (at least for me).
First opinion about something is almost always true. Some fact learned from life.:)
Now its the same, i didnt knew they could actually mess up the new version a bit more, but indeed they did. xD
Netcode still sucks, in fact i dont see what has changed on that issue. I guess nothing.
Concerning balance i cant tell much, but i dont like it.
bye

Thats because you dont know wtf has changed [CENSORED]head, you just join the game "LOL OMG LET ME TRY KNIFE ON THIS NEW SOLDAT LEET VERSION, OMG ITS NOT THROWING FAR LOLOL, MABE ILL HOLD IT, YAH LOL THIS SUCKS IM GOING TO WHINE ON THE FORUM BECAUSE IT WILL REALLY CHANGE SOMTHING"

btw your a [CENSORED]en idiot

quote:First opinion about something is almost always true.

This time its not, and you suck so [CENSORED] off and die

Dowhook
December 10, 2005, 12:52 pm
Can I see list of all betatesters?

Yukwunhang
December 10, 2005, 1:00 pm
quote:I think now the gun totally a rubbish, the delay make the camp also very difficult, because you camp, the other one is coming, he is moving, the delay time make you very difficult to shoot the target
THAT makes the barret requires skill to use. You actually have to think when to shoot. Guess what, you have only played it for uh, 2 days. Take the barret as a new weapon. Can you master a new weapon in 2 days? Come on, keep playing and actually try to kill with it, don't just go 'OMG THIS SUX I JUST CANT KILL WITH THIS' after one try.
I have no problem with camping.

quote:you think this gun like M72 LAW or Mini gun, are heavy weapon,need have startuptime?
Delay has NOTHING to do with 'heavy weapons'. It can be added whenever it's necessary.

quote:no game barret would have startuptime(delay)
Every game has its own style. You can't compare a weapon with other games.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoGuys, ask this to yourself.

dude can i ask you to link me your calculator please...?
i want one of this calculators.

Ash Lambert
December 10, 2005, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`
This time its not, and you suck so [CENSORED] off and die

Can someone ban this flaming kid pls? :S

quote:Originally posted by Chakra`[
Please kids, take Ash Lambert as an example. Don't whine about something you seemingly have no idea about. 'k?
Give it a week to assess a decent opinion, good or bad.

I dont need a week to see the lag stayed the same way it was last version. This was the only thing that really hurt in 1.3. And it wasn´t improved. I just stated that. If you have a problem with this "massive" whining, then what you do when Ymies comes here? :f

quote:Well you seem pretty certain of yourself, though one unevident question remains.

You don't like 1.3, and never did, nor 1.3.1 ....why the are you here?

This is a good question indeed, you might as well ask Ok, Bugs, Zieg and yourself. Maybe its because of the people, your friends? dunno.:)

person
December 10, 2005, 1:37 pm
As much as I'd like withhold my opinion, I'd just like to say I'm really happy with it so far.
The net lag seems much reduced than 1.3, which is great...

The only problem I really have is that my shoes look [CENSORED] with my all-black soldier now :(

Nah you guys have done pretty well this time round...

edit:
oh and yeah I'm not too sure of the anti-spam measures. I never have ever had a problem with it. Doesn't bother me too much though, as I get most of my kills on my own screen... but still, sometimes it takes skill if you're tracking someone with a ruger, and they manage to get off screen from you, to take a pot shot actually hit them.

Could anyone be specific as to how much power is lost from the time the bullet leaves the screen area?

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by CyberiaJust a quick question for those in the know:

Hm.. Actually I'm not even sure. It was being talked about, but some time later just nobody did anymore. I don't think I even heard anyone disagreeing about this "cooldown"-effect. I'm gonna mention it again, so perhaps next time..

Yakirx
December 10, 2005, 3:39 pm
Played all day long and i almost think the same:
Knife is now for people who know how to use knife.
Styer is [CENSORED]ed up.
Ruger is ok.
Got some error with my card and some colors problems but nothing speicel.

Chakra` i still think this version sucks. :)

Good Day.

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 3:53 pm
hehehehe....you're a funny guy, Yakirx. Your opinion of knife seems to have swiftly changed from just yesterday hasn't it, as well as some balance issues.

Even more amusing though is that, if this version so certainly sucks, why have you been playing it all day?

If only more people would listen before blurting out obscenities towards the changes in each version so prematurely...

By the way Ash, I haven't had a problem with lag since I first started playing back in 1.1.3. I ain't sure what you're on about... you either play on a decent server, or you don't.
And I imagine most people stay - and this may sound a little crazy - because they enjoy playing Soldat. Can avoid the question all you want guv, but i'm beginning to doubt you think 1.3.1 is really all that bad. ;)

Dowhook
December 10, 2005, 5:23 pm
So can I know who was testing this version? Or it's top secret?

Yakirx
December 10, 2005, 5:27 pm
Heheh Chakra` :).

To the topic:
Well I thought about what you said Chakra` so I tried to play all day long soldat and to enjoy it..
most of the the time I enjoy it and issues that I had yesterday cleard to me that i juged this version too soon.
Still have a problem with the Knife and the weapon balance.

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 5:44 pm
Ehhh...would take a bit of time and effort to find all the names, Dowhook. Why you wanna know anyhow?

Dowhook
December 10, 2005, 7:36 pm
Why not?
I just want to know.

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 7:42 pm
I find this thread comical the 1s complaining for the most part are the nublets, this version owns. The ONLY thing I dont get is why the problems with stuff registering still exist. I could go on and on about how EVERY single weapon is perfect but I wont. This version is the [CENSORED] gimme toilet paper.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:36 pm
Will soldat forever be slow paced now?

Wilk
December 10, 2005, 9:20 pm
The problem is:

In the next version, MM will rebalance some weapons and PUT A "{[DELAY]}" in other. God, STOP THIS. Why not a definitive balance?

Nades are overpowered and m79 too. Will be MM put a delay and rebalance theirs in next version? Xx

Nice form of decrase the overpower of a gun, putting a delay ^^

Marine
December 10, 2005, 9:55 pm
Why don't we just remove all weapons except for the Ruger and Socom. I think it's about time for that.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 11:11 pm
I like the new knife... but I have to say the barret s absolutely no fun to use now...

Wilk
December 10, 2005, 11:17 pm
There are 4 weapons that kills with one shooter: Knife, Barret, M79 and Law. Knife, Barret and Law, MM have already added a #@!% DELAY. M79 remains, it is the favorite of MM and i think it the next.

It is better remove this weapons, substitute for no-one-shoot weapons Xx.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 11:48 pm
Wilk...
Knife and LAW are both secondaries, they shouldn't be easy to use if they're 1 hit kills.
Barret NEEDED it, even if it is a primary. It was a osk, had unbelievable range, and was impossible to dodge. M79 is a primary, but it's possible to dodge and has poor range.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 1:41 am
I take back what I said about the barret, its much more fun now that I'm used to it :)

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 2:03 am
i don't like it :(
the game play sucks imo :(
and now i can't make fun of people for being barretards...
there the main challenge i had, this sucks :(

System_Decay
December 11, 2005, 2:11 am
The "Improvements" concerning the Autos were unnecessary All you needed to do is add ammo, making people shoot less of their precious bullets

Ash Lambert
December 11, 2005, 3:31 pm
Hmm after playing a lot of cw´s today, i have to point out that i was wrong about the lag.
It actually was reduced! gj with this.
And the balance is just fine.
I like 1.3.1 more and more. :)

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 5:15 pm
Did MM something with net code ?

toniking
December 11, 2005, 5:23 pm
[quote]Originally posted by yukwunhang
Delay has NOTHING to do with 'heavy weapons'. It can be added whenever it's necessary.[quote]

Then why M79 don't make the delay too,i don't think this gun cheaper than barret,and now M79is so so so powerful,indirect hit also lose a half blood, do you think that is balance?
and, now,i just can see that, have many people start use no.5 weapon.
why?
because it is change so powerful,easy to kill people,and easy to obstruct people move, and we will move faster
why have this happen with this weapon?
because this gun bullet is very focus now
it make this gun very power.
do you think that this is balance?
i don't think barret have what problem,why need add delay on this gun?
just because, many people don't like give barret kill,and they deemed that this gun is no need any skill
but i want to say with you, if you want to use this gun well, the skill is many. Just many people give barret kill and said it barret noob, then you change this gun to bad and bad,then i think last, this gun will be deleted
------------------------------------------------
one things you are right, now, although this gun have delay, i also can use it,when i try to use to play with bot more 15 min, i would not camp, i will still use moving kill
i very want to see, when this gun keep on give people said noob
what happen in the future. would this gun delete,or more delay or other

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 7:18 pm
Well, I haven't had much time to play during this weekend, but so far I can say, that I like 1.3.1 as much as I liked the previous one.

Modifying the knife was certainly a good decision and even though it's now really hard for me to kill anyone with it, I think I'll get used to it soon.

The only thing which I miss and which really should have been done is nerfing the m79 a bit. It was overused in 1.3.1 and now.. soldat resembles a tank battle more than ever before.. well, hopefully next time -))

I don't think this version is any better than the previous one, but it's not worse either. Just different.. and changing the game slightly again and again is what keeps Soldat so popular and interesting, at least it's my own opinion.

So, thanks MM and testers, good job -)

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:55 pm
Please , I'm saying this for err I guess the 6th time.
In the next upgrade try not to weaken the guns but power some others up.
Back in the ol' days I needed less bullets to kill a dude and the balance wasn't too bad either , the overal weapon-power is just dropping slowly.

About the M79: read the M79 topic in the 1.3.1 Whine Forum. Also , I think it's too early to give an opinion on that , like Lao Wu ten said he'll get used to the knife soon , so will you with another weapon.

Grtz ,DePhille

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 11, 2005, 10:26 pm
Dunno I like 1.31 more and more.Its a cool version :).

Maka
December 12, 2005, 2:15 pm
Do you know how much harder it is too actually fightwith sme of thoose god damn weapons!? the minimi is like 50 [CENSORED]in pounds! be thankful for what ye have!

Rooster
December 12, 2005, 3:36 pm
I just read most of this thread and i'm dissapointed to see the type of people this game pulls in alot of the time, show some maturity guys, seriously it's been what 2 days?

My opinions on the patch :

I started in 1.2 and i can truley say this is the best thing to happen to soldat, every weapon is balanced there are some minor problems but i think this is progress and i have belief in michal and i'm thankfull for all the work he puts into this game.

In comparison to 1.3 this patch rules, 1.3 was a step foreward but was horribly balanced just cause of some minor stuff. Alot of bug fixes and balance changes new maps, and all in a minor patch that we only played for 6 months, awesome.

Thoughts on the actual weapons :

Deagles - Perfect
Hk mp5 - Perfect
Ak 74 - Perfect
Styer Aug - Perfect.
Spas 12 - over powered against ruger other wise fine
Ruger - over nerfed, to hard for ruger players.
m79 - nice change, time will tell on the balance.
barrett - Awesome! I cant belive this gun requires skill now, i picked one up and was using it today and owning with it, but now you have to judge your shots sorta like m79 instead of point click dead.
FN minmi - Perfect
Minigun - lol, i'm still not gonna use it :P

I've been testing it for ages and i love it, dont like everyone complaining about it though, the only complaint i hear none stop is 'why did they ruin the knife' also read a few people saying law is still wrecked even though it isn't.

Knife isnt for every situation now, get over it, it was over used over powered and all round dominated 1.3 anyone who couldn't see this was using it or actually didnt btoher playing to much. Just incase you were wondering i have used knife since 1.2, it was obvious to even me a long term knife user that it was over powered. I ended up swapping to socom in 1.3 cause i dont like using op'd weapons and now i might switch back :D.

XenocidE
December 12, 2005, 6:37 pm
Well, since playing it everyday since it came out. My opinions change about the game every other day, it's as if I Bi-Polar with my opinions of Soldat. One day, completely hate it and I think of taking a big old dump on it. Then the next day I can't get enough of it and I play for like 4 hours. Damn drug addicting game.

But overall, the version is really just, blah. I like it and hate it all at the same exact time. I hate it because the knife isn't as fast and the charge gets annoying if in a real bad situation. Then I love it at the same exact time with how I see everyone in the server not using the same exact weapons. Everyone is using their own weapon to fit their style, and some are even trying new weapons to see if they would like some sort of change.

There are bugs that have been mentioned and I'm sure that whatever bugs I mention have been found already. So I won't go over those at all. The main problem I tend to see is different servers change with different weapons (not like a WM server). Let me emphasize a little on what I mean. I mainly use the Desert Eagles and Knife. Now depending on the server is really changing the way my weapons kill. One server my connection will be perfect and my DEs shots will register over 75% of the time and I get kills left and right. Eventually the server starts to slow down and get a little empty. So I'll go out and find another popular server and play in this server for a while. Then my DE shots change dramtically and my shots register maybe 20% of the time.

Now, I completely understand how all of this works with the Pipeline of the servers, the location of the server and the connection speed of the servers. So I usually don't complain about lag all that much. It's something that will be there throughout the game no matter what. The DE's shots register a lot more often now in this version which makes the Deagle community happy. But the knife I'm tending to be a lot worse.

Even the servers were my DE shots are registering perfectly and I'm getting kills with them. My knife on the other hand is becoming very glitchy. The change of the chargeup time and velocity of the knife is very hard to grasp and change to. It takes a lot of skill and time to perfectly aim, charge, and fire the knife to hit. But my knives are registering very little during game play. And if I do happen to hit a target with my knife, the knife is like 2 feet (in soldat measurements) infront, or behind, the target to kill. And if the knife hits the target, poof the enemy ate my knife or something. Also the polygons are eating my knife also.

The ruger I'm seeing sometimes has the same issues. But I'm telling that this is a reletivaly balanced version. Without all the major bugs this version I do believe would be all around solid. I say keep working on perfecting the balance of the weapons. The last 2 versions I've noticed have become more and more balanced in weapons. I think if the major bugs were gone and we nearly got a close to perfect final version. We could really start expanding the Community more then what it alreayd has grown.

Dowhook
December 13, 2005, 3:07 pm
Chakra what about that betatesters list?

Chakra`
December 13, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Ehhh...would take a bit of time and effort to find all the names, Dowhook. Why you wanna know anyhow?

GAMEOVER
December 13, 2005, 7:05 pm
Jeeze, I think some moderators need to lock some of you in the 1.3.1 whining section for atleast a week it could be your little crib/play pen where you will be provided pacifers and the ability to whine all day.

reckon
December 13, 2005, 7:52 pm
Dowhooks gonna go on a killin spree.
Save the betatesters chakra!

Yukwunhang
December 14, 2005, 6:16 am
quote:Originally posted by reckonDowhooks gonna go on a killin spree.
Save the betatesters chakra!

More like you would be the first one to die.

reckon
December 14, 2005, 6:28 am
Why me?!

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 1:57 pm
Well, I just tried out 1.3.1 a little, and...

...Sorry, I gotta go cry blissful tears of joy.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 1:10 am
Im used to it now I guess. I cant say I like it over the previous versions, I always wonder what motivates people to move on over keeping whats best, but I guess people seem to like 1.3.1 more some how.

Ill keep playing then, hoping for new, golden version which will spark my joy, and will have no registering issues. Above all, registering issues. =3