( search forums )
Remove the knife throw delay
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 7:06 pm
Please.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:27 pm
No. Knife was overpowered and you know it.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:35 pm
Knife isnt good anymore. No fun, soon game will turn into a boring poop.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:12 pm
i dont think so its now better

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 9:21 pm
Its not better, its worse. Im pretty confident the law of 1.3 has pretty much become the knife of 1.3.1. Every secondary was overpowered, and it was alot more fun like that, and you know it.

Antifate
December 9, 2005, 10:25 pm
Someone please explain what you have to do to throw a knife now. Do you have to hold the throw key down? I don't have 1.31 yet.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2No. Knife was overpowered and you know it.

Michal
December 9, 2005, 10:51 pm
Knife is good now, it'll take a bit more skill to play well with it.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:54 pm
Yes it's good now, and i hope to see less of these
topics.

Kyklis
December 9, 2005, 10:58 pm
Eh. The knife, although I didn't think it really needed this, is fine as it is now. It will just take a bit of getting used to.

Koon
December 10, 2005, 12:00 am
I loved the knife but i admit it was too easy. 1.3.1 provides a new challenge for use knifers. Quit complaining and start practicing with the new knife.

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 12:25 am
NO. The knife totally pwns now. That was the perfect nerf. Evar.

(Probably only because I killed The Geologist twice with it in a match that was really laggy to begin with xD)

Koon
December 10, 2005, 1:56 am
Actually, i did get 3 consecutive knife kills on my first 1.3.1 game. With the same knife. On the same person. And no it was not a bot.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 2:21 am
Cry me a river...and I'll build you a bridge to get the hell over it...

Everyone sing along now!

Knife is fine. People like Driven under and extacide...take more than 30 minutes to try it out then comment, kthx. Why is no one on these forums willing to play this game for more than one day before saying something is broken/messed up? A little skill and practice and the knife is still a good ol' easy killer.

Messiah
December 10, 2005, 2:51 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistCry me a river...and I'll build you a bridge to get the hell over it...

Everyone sing along now!

Knife is fine. People like Driven under and extacide...take more than 30 minutes to try it out then comment, kthx. Why is no one on these forums willing to play this game for more than one day before saying something is broken/messed up? A little skill and practice and the knife is still a good ol' easy killer.

TAKE IT AWAY GEOLOGIST! the knife is perfect now just shut the [CENSORED] up and play your game already while your at it use an auto maybe youll kill something, or will you come running back to shed a few more tears? ;(

Veritas
December 10, 2005, 3:30 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderKnife isnt good anymore. No fun, soon game will turn into a boring poop.

The world of Soldat doesn't revolve around the knife and how fast you can throw it.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:59 am
I must say that in realistic mode is law worse than evah , knife now too. Soccom is in there the best solution, + u kill everyone on 3 bullets.

-.-

Swarmer
December 10, 2005, 9:07 am
only problem i have with it is that now its hard to use it with default controls. If im alpha, I cant run to the right and charge up to throw my knife at the same time. getting used to different controls is bothersome.

Silent Soldier
December 10, 2005, 10:42 am
Well I'll try to use the USSOCOM. At least fix the throwgun.wav that plays like 10 times in a half of a second.

mystery00
December 10, 2005, 11:37 am
OMFG, you completely f***** up the knife!

Well I guess if LAW can acctually DO DAMAGE in this version I have no choice but to drop the knife and go back to LAW....and if LAW is still screwed then the soccom is the only option. You have got to stop making bad decisions regarding this whole weapon business, start fixing bugs, like they say "don't fix something that isn't broken".

People who complain about the knife being "overpowered" are newbies who can't get out of the way in time to dodge it, also if you get him in the legs with the knife you usually don't die if your at full health. So stop complaining and start learning to play the game. Return the knife to how it was! You know what's going to happen, it's obvious, better change it back now before we all move to LAW or soccom.

Don't screw the game even further, fix the bugs.

Mystery

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 11:48 am
quote:Originally posted by mystery00People who complain about the knife being "overpowered" are newbies who can't get out of the way in time to dodge it

People who complain about the knife being "nerfed" are just crap at this game. :)

Come try rushing close to me in a game, and i'll show you how to use the new knife... and i'll do it so fast you won't know wtf hit you.

The weapon is harder to use now. You know what that means? It divides the boys from the men. Run to your socoms and laws, kids.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:25 pm
Knife is no one day before saying something is broken/messed up? A little skill and extacide...take more than one day before saying something is fine. People like that, and the knife is fine. People like Driven under and the knife is still a good ol' easy killer. Its not better, its worse. Im pretty much become the knife is no one day before saying something is still a good ol' easy killer. Its not better, its worse. Im pretty much become the law of 1.3.1. Every secondary was overpowered, and it was overpowered, and extacide...take more than 30 minutes to try it out then comment, kthx. Why is still a good ol' easy killer. Its not better, its worse. Im pretty much become the law of 1.3 has pretty confident the knife of 1.3 has pretty much become the law of 1.3 has pretty much become the law of 1.3 has pretty confident the knife of 1.3.1. Every secondary was alot more fun like Driven under and you know

TheFunktopus
December 10, 2005, 1:34 pm
Yay for Markov putting all the whine posts into one!

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 2:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`The weapon is harder to use now. You know what that means? It divides the boys from the men. Run to your socoms and laws, kids.
That's wrong. It is a little harder to use, yes. But in the end the skill needed is just the same, only the situations in which you can use it are more limited.
So if anything needs skill, then it's the LAW because of the very limited amount of situations in which it's useful :P

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 3:58 pm
hmm...hold up guv..

The law is more skillful than it was before because it can only be used in limited situations. Right?

But, at the same time, the knife isn't more skillful because....the situations it can be used is more limited.. ?

..you confuse me guv.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 4:12 pm
My account... got.... hacked! Right, my account got hacked so some stubborn retard posted with my name! Shame on him, ffs. Damn hackers!

*cough*

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderKnife isnt good anymore. No fun, soon game will turn into a boring poop.

Word.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:50 pm
No it's better now.

zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 10:09 pm
it SUX now. it was supposed to be a weapon that you could go to as a last resort when you ran out of bullets or something - there used to be a certain skill required to dodge knives and it wasn't all that hard - not to brag, but i mastered it so i can with definiteness that it wasn't a cheap weapon! just because many people did not learn to predict knifers and get killed everytime doesn't mean that michal should make this game easier for noobs!

headstone
December 10, 2005, 10:55 pm
quote:i mastered it

Then whats so hard about remastering it?

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:17 am
I hate the knife right now, currently because I played chainsaw bots with it. I got smashed :(

bl00dy_n0se
December 11, 2005, 12:35 pm
Imo the knife bevor 1.3.1 was way cooler, but I will try to handle the new knife and go on playing with it, like everyone who really likes it should do!

0xSilentx0
December 11, 2005, 6:22 pm
I dont know why everybody is complaining....If you were a REAL KNIFER last version, you would have been already used to this....This new knife actually shows that knifers have skills...If you sucked with knife before, dont bother using it now

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 7:23 pm
Its just that, knife cant be used as a seonc resort against autos. If you run out, and pull it out. The time it takes for you to hold down the stupid button to 'gather the power' to throw it, youll be dead already.

BobJustBob
December 13, 2005, 5:59 am
Atleast let us hold at full charge time instead of having it instantly throw at max charge. :(

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 6:59 pm
no, people say NS when I kill them with knife, They didn't used too in 1.3 but they did in 1.2.1

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 11:22 am
quote:Originally posted by BobJustBobAtleast let us hold at full charge time instead of having it instantly throw at max charge. :(

That's the only change I'd be happy with.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 2:47 pm
Get used to it. I'm gonna lock the topic, I'm sure if you really want to you can discuss this stuff in the 1.3.1 whines forum.

In the meantime, play with the new knife and we'll see what happens when 1.3.2 testing comes around, 'kay?