( search forums )
(moved) Soldat 1.3.1 official whine thread
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:39 pm
Ah well, firstly I would thank beta testers to that new "lovely" version.

no honestly, the only think they screwed up is the knife, none will use it anymore and that's weird, change it already ty.

I read what chakra said, and since I have no respect (:D) for him I post! no link with him but i'm free to state my opinion so why wouldn't I do so?

Darkslide
December 9, 2005, 7:54 pm
MY KNIFE, MY DEARLOVED KNIFE GIVE IT BACK TO ME PLEASE I BEGG YOU!!!
*Whinesandliesonthefloor*
Im gonaa need 50 packs of handkerchiefs tonight!

Yakirx
December 9, 2005, 8:10 pm
To prevent spam?

MisterX
December 9, 2005, 8:13 pm
So, now what if everyone just played this games version, let's say, at least 1 week until starting to whine? :) It's really no use complaining about everything just as you find out you might not look. Much things like the knife need some time to getting used to them. Just give it some time.

Rune
December 9, 2005, 8:16 pm
Atleast people will use more than just 1 kind of secondary now..

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:18 pm
I'll use socom/law
and soon whiners, will start whining abotu those, and they'll get nerfed.
but a day will come and the secondaries and primaries will be removed, so soldat will be a boxing, chainsawing & nading game.
hf, I mean I don't get the point of making a new version each 6 months,because you don't let people enough time to get used to it, and well just to be good at it.
By the all you guys do the beta testers is nerfing all the weapons all the time.
I thought the aim of the guy was the fun ? right ? to kill people fastly and such.
You did succeed at this in the previous versions, but each version's worse than the previous.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 8:56 pm
Every gun is weaker....again....The knife, is now the equivalent of a law that only fires a few feet, and highly accurate spray has been reduced to requiring you to make 90% head shots off screen to do much damage. The Barret was infact nerfed.

But, the knife, has been nerfed to crap. *sigh* Why did I have to join Soldat just as 1.2.1 ends.

b00stA
December 9, 2005, 9:58 pm
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

PaulCZ
December 9, 2005, 9:58 pm
knife need cca 2x more speed :)

xtishereb
December 9, 2005, 10:24 pm
w0rd b00stA.

Come on people, stop whining and deal with it.

Now, knife and Barrett actually take skill to use.

I think I might switch to Ruger now, just to tick you guys off. :P

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 10:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideEvery gun is weaker....again....The knife, is now the equivalent of a law that only fires a few feet, and highly accurate spray has been reduced to requiring you to make 90% head shots off screen to do much damage. The Barret was infact nerfed.

But, the knife, has been nerfed to crap. *sigh* Why did I have to join Soldat just as 1.2.1 ends.

The knife is fine. I hated the idea of the grenade delay just as much as you, but it really has made it more skillful. The newbs won't use it as much now and the effort it takes to use it well hasn't decreased by much. I'm not a fan of all the guns being nerfed, but they haven't been nerfed enough for widescale complaints.

The LAW is still fuxed, though.

DePhille
December 9, 2005, 10:34 pm
This should be moved to the bashpit:)
Just play the game for a few weeks and then say what you think of it , you really can't have tested it all thoroughly yet.

Nice image b00sta :)
-Where are the Christmas hats on them?

Grtz , DePhille

Gortaak
December 9, 2005, 10:54 pm
ok i played 1.3.1 for a little bit earlier, and its not that bad. most of the guns are ok, and the nief is still a 1 hit kill, ive done it several times already, im alittle sad about my beloved Mp5, which is like half as strong, i know it needed a nerf, but not that bad, AK totally rapes once again, Steyr is ok, shotgun i havent messed with before or after so i dont know about it. Now, the Rugar, o..m...g.. 2 hit kill, i can see rooms flooding with this gun now, as its 2 body shots to kill instead of 2 head shots, just a pair of people can slaughter with this gun if they have decent aim, o well :/, M79 is kinda a mixed blessing, if not a bit more over powered, cause of the range boost, its like a mortar now, giving it that edge over autos and other similar guns cause now it has range, and lots of it, but for a bit its gonna mess with people cause the arc has changed, the barret, interesting gun now, with the charge up ( which i think is a bit too long) its hard to make shots, just not impossible, and is actually kinda fun :). Minimi, i think this gun will be used alot more cause its 1 bullet behind ak damage, with a higher RoF and a 50 round clip, and now it seems like it has less self bink, which is pretty nice. minigun, i havent noticed any difference.
i also LOVE the fact that spray damage is almost half damage off screen, it makes getting away with the flag just that much easier. earlier i got hit with mini gun spray and it did almost NO damage when it hit, it was very nice
and the new command, I LOVE IT! i can see it now, an entire team just pelvic thrusting while the other team is killing htem, i know i had lots of fun with it already.

so all in all i think (so far) 1.3.1 is good, even tho my fav gun is destroyed, i think i will live with it. these are my opinions after playing for a few hours

frogboy
December 9, 2005, 11:06 pm
Knife and Barret merely take a bit of practice now - that's not too much to ask, is it? Just try it for at least five minutes, and you'll notice that it's fine.

karmazon
December 9, 2005, 11:20 pm
OMG THE SOLDAT COMMUNITY SUXX0RZ IM QUITTNG CUZ EVERYONE IS WHINING ABOUT THE NEW VERSION

Algernon
December 9, 2005, 11:34 pm
as much as i like to wine about weapon balance i really, really like 1.3.1. good job MM and the beta testers. the 30% more self damage m79 was a step in the right direction but it could be taken further IMO. increasing the damage on the m79 would not only increase the self damage but would also deal more damage to enemy soldaten. the barret delay is nice but there is still a little too much momentacc.

the kinfe is still one shot kill, but in a stabbing attack only. it's 'different' to say the least. the SAW has waaay too much clip IMO and multi X2 and above kills are going to be common place with it. this SAW seems somewhat noobish and easy compared to the 1.2.1 SAW. beefing it up didn't hurt, but it dosen't help a whole lot either, not that it needed any 'help'. 1.3.1 is not perfect but it is damn good. nice job.

EDIT: how do you ruger guys like the 1.3.1 ruger? i've never been much of a ruger user, but in normal (non realistic) mode it seems fairly weak. too much movmentacc IMO.

Koon
December 9, 2005, 11:57 pm
I considered myself a master with the knife, I had practiced long and hard with it to get as good as i am. But i'm not complaining about the change. After all, what fun is it if there is never something to get better at? It's gonna take a lot of getting used to but that's what new versions are all about. If you still have something to work for it doesnt get boring.

Thank you MM & all the beta testers! I bow before your wisdom!

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 12:16 am
@Algernoon
Nice to see you like the new version :) But I've noticed one thing after having read your posts in the weapon balance forums: You're taking the MovementAcc too serious. You can - and most people do it like this - avoid MovementAcc by "standing" in the air and shooting. So even if you run&fly around the map, you just have to stop moving for a second so you aren't affected by the MovementAcc.
For the Ruger itself, it seems to be very fine. You just can't play too offensivly with it because of the slower fireinterval, but that's all :)

Algernon
December 10, 2005, 12:38 am
ah, it's good to see that you beta testers listened to my angry whining :) you're right about the hovering and whatnot, i just never cared for it. i guess i'm biased because i grew up on the 1.2.1 weapons. although i don't agree on the movementacc the delay was a really nice touch. i dunno about the ruger. i was testing it out against a bot and i couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but i also had the same problem with the 1.2.1 and 1.3 ruger (the ruger and i don't get along).

as for all the comments on the kinfe... attempt to master the new knife before you whine. i just got off a server where i saw a few players that were pretty skilled with it. from what i've seen it can be used just like the 1.3 kinfe, just that it has a steep learning curve. i hate to bring this up... but the deagles seem a tad overpowered don't you think? i think they have a wee bit too much range. i'd like to see how the sapz and MP5 stack up against them. *off to test*

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:42 am
Deagles have been underpowered for freaking ever. If they even compare now, its about freaking time...

Marbire
December 10, 2005, 1:40 am
Why were nades made more powerful? They were already overused, spammed, midair kills...

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:43 am
[IMAGE]

I dont like the knife, its not so much fun now. The long delay will just let the other person who probably has more bullets/less reload time to pwn you in the head and finish you off before you throw the wimpy knife in the air.

I will report more, later. =]

Koon
December 10, 2005, 1:49 am
dude, a fully charged throw in 1.3.1 is just barely longer than the delay in 1.3

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 1:59 am
1.3.1 KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BETTER THEN 1.2.1 imo awesome job guys!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:32 am
Why is it that all the ruger users are enjoying this?

DeLarge
December 10, 2005, 2:35 am
1.3.1 has messed up the introduction - it gives me a violation error if I enable the intro.

DeMo
December 10, 2005, 5:43 am
Congratulations.. you really messed up now!!

The balancing is finally good but you had to mess something up...
I never had anything against the barret, it has always been an OK gun for me, especially because almost all brazilian players use the barret, so I'm kinda used to getting killed by it everytime. But you managed to screw it big time.. that delay thing (hold the mouse to shoot) completely sucks!!

My main complaints were about the MP5 and the Minimi (as you can see in my signature).
From what I've seen... the MP5 has been nerfed and is much better now.
I have yet to see the Minimi.. haven't crossed with anybody using it.

And the knife... our beloved knife. Damn, the knife has been turned into a useless piece of sh**.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 6:44 am
The ruger's increased fire interval will take some getting used to, but the tad increase in damage will be interesting. I play realistic, and this will slightly increase the 1-hit kill capability, which may make up for the loss of firing rate. I'll just have to make sure to kill in one shot now.

The knife seems cool, you can now control it's arc like you could with a grenade and it has a longer range than before. That's a fair trade for a brief delay in fire. The knife is now a very different tool than before.

The barret...Barret delay is a good idea, but I really think that 417 milliseconds is a bit excessive. It is very hard to maintain a continuous aim for that long, and human relfexes run at about 250ms. A player can respond to a little over 1 change in conditions in that time, and can close range at a dangerous pace. An AK can get off 2 bullets before the Barret fires, and once you take a strong bullet, that's about it for your aim. A 200ms delay (12 ticks) would be more resonable, long enough to have an effect on your aiming, but small enough to be a subtle effect, not watching your target clear 30% the screen before your gun goes off. I support delay, but just...less delay. Tiny amounts of delay sprinkled here and there can spice things up.

However, as things stand, the barret had a tenuous advantage over the ruger in realistic, due to it's guaranteed kill, and flatter arc. In realistic, people basicly pop up out of nowhere all the time, and often you can only fire a 1-2 bullets before you're done in. The barret's delay as it is will make reaction-shots impossible. With the new aim-emphasis on the ruger, and the delay on the barret, realistic barreting is just pretty much obsolete. Aiming aside, you just can't fire the gun quick enough to avoid getting pwned, and the ruger will take it's place as the 1-hit kill weapon.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:14 am
Hmm.
I'm not happy about ruger.

Barrett has too much delay IMHO. crouch/prone only fire would've been better.

M79 needed the delay more

The beta testers overlooked the fact that now they just made the m79 the number 1 newbie 1shotkill choice hands down.
I thought they were trying to do the opposite of that...

Soldat is losing it's fun factor to me..

criddo
December 10, 2005, 7:25 am
YAY A NEW VERSION!!! YES!!! I'm downloading it right now! Hopefully the Law loading time is fixed ;)

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:27 am
Unfortanately, the cursed bugged up netcode rears its fugly head. If theres anything to really complain about, its that.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:28 am
Yea.. 2/4 of my ruger shots don't register now

mystery00
December 10, 2005, 11:42 am
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebw0rd b00stA.

Knife ALREADY takes a great deal of skill to use, you have to acctually compensate for the opponant's speed and direction, and also get used to how the knife travels to hit someone with such a tiny weapon that you then have to pick back up to use it again (providing you live long enough to get to it)

The knife has to go back to how it was, I have to say you finally released a version that isn't half bad, which a surprise to me because bugs were acctually fixed instead of just saying they're fixed when they weren't, only problem in this version so far is the knife.

Mystery

mystery00
December 10, 2005, 11:43 am
PS: Barret acctually shoots better now ;) I can get almost a 90% accuracy rate, so choke on that you anti-barret whingers, muhahhahahahaa!!!

Mystery

PaulCZ
December 10, 2005, 12:18 pm
[IMAGE] gostek wow :]

Aegis
December 10, 2005, 12:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by mystery00PS: Barret acctually shoots better now ;) I can get almost a 90% accuracy rate, so choke on that you anti-barret whingers, muhahhahahahaa!!!

Mystery

Agreed, I actually like using the barrett now. Its better with the start-up time, thanks MM!

toniking
December 10, 2005, 12:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebw0rd b00stA.

what?Now, knife and Barrett actually take skill to use?
i don't think so, barret don't need any skill now, because this gun just can camp and very cheap , use m79 camp maybe better than barret camp! because m79 no delay, barret have
what skill it need?.. camp skill?
do you think so?

PG mondragon
December 10, 2005, 1:33 pm
Honestly b00sta, you have no idea of HOW MUCH i agree with you :).

I only visit these forums once every two months or something, and i already see the whiners swarming around these forums :/

And about our beloved knife: I actually like the new changes :D I just played a few times in a knife- only server and actually won with a score of 30 kills and 4 deaths. What all of you will then say is:

Yeah, thats because all other players in that server are using knife too!

But fact is that knife is STILL very usefull to me as a good secondary especially in large maps like Bigfalls, Cambodja etc... So if everyone will just start with a little P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E before starting to whine, and if everyone has a little P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E you will all feel better with the new version. Also, cant you all be greatfull that you are allowed to play such a GREAT GAME for free? (most people arent registered) Instead of thanking the creator, you start whining and ordering him to make the game different just so YOU can be happy with your overpowered/unbalanced weapon, not thinking of the future of soldat and being gratefull for such a great game.

BTW: sorry for my bad english :S